Welcome to PatsFans.com

Just stopping by

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by workhorse, Sep 9, 2008.

1. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I have been lurking, but wanted to wait a couple days before posting so no one would think I was trolling or anything of the sort. Brady going down really sucks for you guys. The game this year won't be the same, even if Cassel can manage to guide the ship. If there is a silver lining for you guys, at least it way early in the season and should really only screw one season with the surgery. If it was half way through, both this season and next would have been highly impacted.

I know the feeling I had when I first hear Peyton had a knee issue even though they said it would be ok. To those around here that wished Peyton well I say thanks and send my condolences, to the others...

Good luck with your season, but not too much. ;)
  2. thenepatsrule

thenepatsrule Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

thanks dude, and same to you too............. :)
  3. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

thanks.
    we havent heard from RyanTheColtsFan for a while.. wonder where he is
  4. Bella*chick

Bella*chick Addicted to the light

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Thanks, workhorse. I always like seeing you post around here.
  5. BradyToMoss

BradyToMoss Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thanks for checking in and the kind words of comfort, that's alot more than we can say for the Jets, Steeler and Charger fans who are throwing parties as we speak.

Colts fans have more class in their index finger than 10 (Jets/Steeler/Charger) fans thrown into a bucket of swill.
  6. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah I miss the Colts fans, mostly because I've gotten over my irrational dislike for the Colts. Their still the nemesis usually, but I've mellowed on them since their SB win oddly enough. Thanks workhorse, I think it's actually kind of neat how the AFC landscape has changed. Though I admit, I'd rather have Brady.
  7. STFarmy

STFarmy Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Great point. I like Steelers, but most of their fans are arrogant pricks. And those other two teams fans can be just as bad, especially the San Diego Classies.
  8. SmokeShowin

SmokeShowin Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

Thanks for being classy. Nothing wrong with hoping opposing players play bad, but to wish injury and party when it happens, is absolutely classless.

Good luck this season.
  9. patchick

patchick Moderatrix Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +603 / 6 / -0

There's a lot of that going around. I think the Jets have just thrown off the loathsomeness scale for everybody else. :)

Oh, and thanks, Workhorse!
  10. signbabybrady

signbabybrady Rookie

Ratings:
    +111 / 1 / -1

#24 Jersey

Thanks for the well wishes hope your team stays healthy though I hope they lose
  11. Metaphors

Metaphors Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

So what is the news in Colt-land? A one game aberration or symptom of underlying issues?
  12. Jackson 2

Jackson 2 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -8

#12 Jersey

Appreciate the sentiments. I travel to the Ft. Myers area frequently and run into fans of lots of teams. That area, however, is just loaded in the winter with Indiana natives. Colts fans are by far the most gracious and fair group of any team's fans, including Pats' fans (which includes yours truly). Fans of the Steelers, Colts and Patriots have at least had their teams win SB(s) lately. Jets and Chargers fans are by far more arrogant, despite having won nothing of substance for eons.
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  13. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You da' Indy man, 'horse. I haven't been around any boards much thanks to an increased workload but certainly wouldn't wish any ill will PM's way. Given the recent circumstances I've had to chance it a bit to lurk and see what the latest news is since CT might as be a world a way as far as Pats updates go.

I guess you're right about it happening so early in the season.

We'll just have to see what the Great Master can do with the team now.
  14. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think it's a combination of a little rust with Peyton and the injuries on the o-line. There were several throws that were just half a beat off. Given that he has had only 10 days of practice, that should fix it's self. It will be a few more games before the o-line starts to get healthy, but hopefully a clicking passing game and some time together should help in the mean time. That run defense has me worried a little though. I hope it's just the case of missed assignments and not just sucking, otherwise next week is going to be ugly versus Peterson.
  15. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

What's Saturday's prognosis?
  16. workhorse

workhorse Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Originally they said they had him coming back around week 5 or 6 at best. But yesterday Dungy indicated that he may be back practicing as early as this week. The sooner the better, as long as he doesn't risk further injury. Saturday makes all the line calls and with Peyton calling the plays and audibles at the line, I'm guessing that having a rookie at center really limits what they can do.
  17. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +119 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Workhorse is a shiniing example of a "fan from another team" who has been a good poster here for a couple of years.

There is a big difference between a guy like Workhorse and a troll. When you see "fans from other teams welcome", this is what is meant.

I'm not saying this because of his post today. Even when there is disagreements on certain subjects, he always post his opinion in a respectful and well thought out, non-trollish manner.
  18. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +735 / 14 / -12

I second that opinion...I've given Workhorse a hard time the past couple of years...mainly because I'm pathological in my hatred for the Colts...but he's been a consistent, intelligent contributor to this board.
  19. mdhprime

mdhprime Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I have to agree with you, although for some reason I still can't find it in me to stop disliking the Chargers.
  20. czech54

czech54 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Colts looked confused on offense without Saturday to make the line calls. Manning was hurried. The bears had great pressure up the middle. I think Jeff Saturday has a lot more to do with the success of that offense than thought.