PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman *foot*

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'll delete the post, but it won't have anything to do with "people getting confused.";)

shrug_n2.gif

The post lives on in two replies showing my mistake (which will lessen the confusion, because the first one notes the year), so I'm not hiding anything.

The report from Ted Wells' investigation should be out momentarily. I hear Amendola's phone contained a text that referred to JE11 "getting screwed."

Last edited:
Buddy,

Can you see his foot in that photo? No. You can't. If you can find me a photo with his foot in it from that night and it doesn't have a big white boot on it.....I will never post again on this site.

I have no reason what so ever to make it up.

Buddy

You can take it personally if you want but in truth it's not. The fact of the matter is that stories like this are commonplace on messageboards and they are almost never true. You should expect that if you go on a site and tell a story like this then people are going to treat it with a great deal of skepticism, especially when they're hasn't been a peep on social media or in regular media. Had you taken a picture there wouldn't be much doubt but absent anything at all to support it you shouldn't be upset that people are calling bs.

Edelman looked pretty agile during the Cops parody.

Bigfoot has this to say about this "report"...

The main reasons I dont see this being true is that a) if that club/bar is a common place for athletes one would think that a couple of "photographers" would camp outside to get a few snapshots and there is not a big chance they would miss a motorized foot.

And b) if something like that happened I dont think Jules would be the typenof player to parade the foot around but would lay low.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
The main reasons I dont see this being true is that a) if that club/bar is a common place for athletes one would think that a couple of "photographers" would camp outside to get a few snapshots and there is not a big chance they would miss a motorized foot.

And b) if something like that happened I dont think Jules would be the typenof player to parade the foot around but would lay low.

Your "B" scenario is why, if true, it probably isn't anything much to worry about. I doubt he'd be club hopping or even out in public in that condition, especially when we know he didn't need it for the voluntary minicamp.

As others have mentioned, it's always possible he's reinjured it since then, but we'll likely never know one way or another for at least a month or so.

I don't think Patriots players (not named Brady or Gronk) hanging out a club in NYC is a big deal. NYC isn't Boston. There's celebrities and athletes popping in and out of clubs there all the time.

I could def see this story being true.

Buddy,

Can you see his foot in that photo? No. You can't. If you can find me a photo with his foot in it from that night and it doesn't have a big white boot on it.....I will never post again on this site.

I have no reason what so ever to make it up.

Youre wasting your time arguing with the butthurt brigade.

The slightest perceived slight against anything Patriots sets the primate cage off on a feces throwing tangent.

I don't think Patriots players (not named Brady or Gronk) hanging out a club in NYC is a big deal. NYC isn't Boston. There's celebrities and athletes popping in and out of clubs there all the time.

I could def see this story being true.

So you are telling me that in our age where everyone has a camera on their phone not a single person in front of said club or inside the club took a picture of a known NFL player who has a foot on some motorized device?

I just dont buy the fact that Edelman went to a club like that and then also nobody managed to take a picture of it.

So you are telling me that in our age where everyone has a camera on their phone not a single person in front of said club or inside the club took a picture of a known NFL player who has a foot on some motorized device?

I just dont buy the fact that Edelman went to a club like that and then also nobody managed to take a picture of it.

Yes..

Edelman is a star in New England, not NYC. Besides, they dont geek up for celebrities like we do here. I wouldnt be surprised if most New Yorkers wouldn't recognize Edelman withouy his helmet and jersey on.

Youre wasting your time arguing with the butthurt brigade.

The slightest perceived slight against anything Patriots sets the primate cage off on a feces throwing tangent.

Ivan has been highly critical of Belichick and the Patriots in the past, on many occasions.

But hey, why stop that from pulling out that tired, tired ol' ad hominem: "you homers can't handle the truth"?

EDIT:

Last edited:
Multiple chains have been yanked in this thread.
This is troll bullsh.t, Edelman was at the recent camp with not one report of any lingering foot issues. I'm amazed anyone would take " I was at a bar with Edelman and Amendola at 5 a.m." lines as real.
Even worse, he wants you to believe that three New England Patriots were at a mediocre Manhattan Sports Bar at 5 PM on a Sunday afternoon.

He's either trolling or has succeeded at yanking a lot of chains and creating a six page thread!

If he's trolling, **** him.

If he's trying to yank chains, more power to him...he did a great job.

I think it's more than possible that they wouldn't be recognized. The only Patriots who'd be recognized in a bar here in Manhattan are Brady and Belichick and neither of them would be caught dead in a place like Bounce.

My real problem with the post is the bar. Why would these guys go to a mediocre Sports Bar in Manhattan to begin with? If they really were hitting bars in Manhattan (on a Sunday afternoon!}, I can think of about a dozen places in the neighborhood they'd go.

This is the last team in the league where a player would risk calling attention to an injury of any significance.

If this is true then it's most likely less than not a big deal.

Multiple chains have been yanked in this thread.

Even worse, he wants you to believe that three New England Patriots were at a mediocre Manhattan Sports Bar at 5 PM on a Sunday afternoon.

He's either trolling or has succeeded at yanking a lot of chains and creating a six page thread!

Not 3, 2 Patriot players (Amendola, Edelman) visiting a formet teammate that now plays in New York (Vereen)

And if you follow those guys on social media, you'll know theyre still pretty tight. So the fact that the OP says they were hanging out in NYC is believable.

In regards to the club they were hanging out at, Who knows? I do know, Edelman every once in a blue moon makes the journey up to R.F O'Sullivans in Somerville for the burgers. Ill take your word that the bar the OP seen them at is mediocre, but what sucks for you might be great for someone else, including professional football players.

And in regards to him being in a walking boot, whos to say he was feeling a slight discomfort for a few days, and the team, knowing JE11 was taking a weekend up to NYC told him if he still feels the discomfort to put on the boot, and stay off the foot for a while? Thats possible.

Help me understand the difference, please?

Help me understand the difference, please?
"Trolling" is a poster trying to further an anti-Patriots agenda under the guise of pretending to be "concerned" about the Patriots.

"Yanking chains" is a poster mocking those who take what the poster is saying seriously by "taking the bait" and reacting to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back