PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels in the mix to coach for Florida...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope they are ready to run some awesome shotgun draws!

2958492.gif

Managing the talent was the issue for him in Denver. He more or less chased Cutler, Marshall and Hillis out of town.

A QB with no passion for the game, a guy with mental issues and a one hit wonder of an RB.

Wow, what a blight on McDaniels' record.

Hope not, losing McDaniels will set us back. Bill O'Brien in his first year was not the best OC (although that was the year we had just Moss&Welker with a recovering Brady). People bag on McD a lot but he's a really good OC. He doesn't tell the O-line to give up a sack or tell wide outs to run the wrong route. The problem fans have is they tend to base grades on play calling 100% on the result of the play. Also, who knows if McD has control over whether or not Gray and/or Dobson is allowed to play? We have no idea what influence BB has in that area or it could be McD's or BB's call, who knows? Annoying to see people blame McD for that.

Josh does well with a Two score lead and terrible when he's down two scores. When games are Tight against Good Teams Josh doesn't coach so well. I wouldn't be sad to see him go he might do well on the College level.

Umm . . . everybody sucks down two scores.

And before we write McDaniels out of New England's future, it should be noted that nowhere in that report does it say that McDaniels has actually expressed any interest in the position.

Constantly trying to prove he is the smartest guy in the room.
Key play early in that game was the hurry up on 3rd and two and then get penalized.Stupid. Absolutely no call for that. Take your time line up and bang em. If They stop you they stop you. I mean how many times has that failed this year with hurry up in a run situation.

I agree completely. The hurry up for short yardage situations has NOT worked the majority of tries for whatever reason this year. It's unbelievably frustrating to watch.

Vereen up the middle is arguably a waste of a play 75% of the time, too.

A guy who drafted Tim Tebow in the first round has no business ever making personnel decisions.

And before we write McDaniels out of New England's future, it should be noted that nowhere in that report does it say that McDaniels has actually expressed any interest in the position.

Indeed. McDaniels has said publicly that he likes it here and would prefer to stay in New England. His wife also stated firmly that SHE wants to stay here, and reading between the lines, I got the feeling that if Josh were to take a job elsewhere, that she and their kids would be staying here.

Hearing how McDaniels has said that his family is the most important thing in his life and that he valued consistency and stability, I'd be very cautious about putting any truck in rumours of his departure, especially for a college gig.

He's in a good place, his family is here with him, he likes the area and gets a solid paycheck. Why would he leave? And yeah, until I hear that McDaniels himself has said he'd be interested in such a job, I personally won't believe it. These people making the claim are just stirring the pot to see what bubbles up.

As others have said...Meh. I think he is inconsistent, up and down as an OC anyhow. SEC football, brutal to coach in.

Fun activity:

List the guys you think are the best offensive coordinators in the NFL, and then go see what their fan bases think of them.

McD got fired in Denver because the Living Bronco Logo got into Pat Bowlen's ear at a very opportune time. Had Bowlen stuck out the rough year, the Broncos would be close to the same position they are now with about half the payroll. They might not have went to the Super Bowl but they'd still be a very formidable team.

MEH .... as long as Belichick is here we'll be fine.
Josh is an okay OC ... better than average IMO but not great.

Agree

He would be splicing film somewhere if not for Tom Brady.

I am tired of this guy possibly leaving every season. Let him go and get someone that will stick around here long term. We need stability for the inevitable change when Brady/BB hangs it up.

Last time he got a HC job offer he screwed the pooch in the SB

If josh leaves BB will go the Matt Patricia route again and simply hire a rocket scientist from SpaceX

McD got fired in Denver because the Living Bronco Logo got into Pat Bowlen's ear at a very opportune time. Had Bowlen stuck out the rough year, the Broncos would be close to the same position they are now with about half the payroll. They might not have went to the Super Bowl but they'd still be a very formidable team.

Losing 10 of 12 games had nothing to do with it?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back