PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Josh McDaniels in the mix to coach for Florida...

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a fairly avid college follower, I am embarrassed to admit that I'm not even that familiar with this guy, aside from the fact that he seems to have improved in each season. Unfortunately, CSU isn't exactly on the national radar, so that may explain why I don't hear of him that much.

As @KontradictioN stated, if I were a Florida fan like he is, I'd view this as a "meh" type of signing for sure. I consider U of F as one of the premier jobs in the NCAAs.
He's Saban's old offensive coordinator at Alabama. Helped them to two national titles. If we were going to do a Saban retread, I would much rather it be Kirby Smart (current defensive coordinator).

As a fairly avid college follower, I am embarrassed to admit that I'm not even that familiar with this guy, aside from the fact that he seems to have improved in each season. Unfortunately, CSU isn't exactly on the national radar, so that may explain why I don't hear of him that much.

As @KontradictioN stated, if I were a Florida fan like he is, I'd view this as a "meh" type of signing for sure. I consider U of F as one of the premier jobs in the NCAAs.

Well your right, colorado teams have not been well known for a long time but this guy has done very well the last few years, CSU was in huge trouble and he brought them back. I wouldn't say colorado is a huge college football factory but decent for sure. There are some things in the way, a 7.5 mil buyout from CSU so who knows if that's an issue or not.

I'm not sure who else you go get though, I don't see anyone willing to leave a big program for UF .

Here is his coaching resume.
Eastern Washington (QB/WR)
Montana State (OC/WR/ST)
Louisville (WR/ST)
Michigan State (Asst. HC/WR/ST)
Oakland Raiders (QB)
Fresno State (OC/QB)
Alabama (OC/QB) under Saban
Colorado State HC

Well your right, colorado teams have not been well known for a long time but this guy has done very well the last few years, CSU was in huge trouble and he brought them back. I wouldn't say colorado is a huge college football factory but decent for sure. There are some things in the way, a 7.5 mil buyout from CSU so who knows if that's an issue or not.

I'm not sure who else you go get though, I don't see anyone willing to leave a big program for UF .

Here is his coaching resume.
Eastern Washington (QB/WR)
Montana State (OC/WR/ST)
Louisville (WR/ST)
Michigan State (Asst. HC/WR/ST)
Oakland Raiders (QB)
Fresno State (OC/QB)
Alabama (OC/QB) under Saban
Colorado State HC

I was actually a bit surprised to find that they were 10-2. One would think they'd have more attention paid to them with that good of a record, but I'm assuming that it's due to what many perceive (and possibly correctly) as playing in a weakened conference.

He has done a very nice job of turning the team around.

I was actually a bit surprised to find that they were 10-2. One would think they'd have more attention paid to them with that good of a record, but I'm assuming that it's due to what many perceive (and possibly correctly) as playing in a weakened conference.

He has done a very nice job of turning the team around.

I don't like that 1 of those wins was at BC this season, but I have to give that coach and program credit for being quite good. Didn't realize their record is 10-2, pretty badass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back