PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

John Lynch: BB the best coach he played for

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am bowled over by this story.

Wow. That is some serious high praise.

But I always knew we had the greatest of all time.

I bet he now wishes he hadn't taken the Denver job when NE offered to sign him way back when.

Bingo. That's exactly what I thought when I first read this article.

That's an amazing list of coaches that Lynch has been involved with: Green, Walsh, Wyche, Dungy, Gruden, Shanahan and Belichick. A lot of players go through their entire career without playing for even one HC with a resume as good as any of their's.

I was fascinated to read this part:

He added that the last exhibition game, he and BB spoke prior to the game and both agreed that it wasn’t going to work and Lynch informed BB that he would retire. BB offered to allow him to play with the starters, one or two series and then done, but Lynch asked to play the whole game, realizing this might cost BB the chance to look at some guys that might stick, but BB played him. Lynch said he had a blast playing with a bunch of young guys he barely knew.

Remember how we all tried to dissect what it meant that Lynch got so much playing time in that game? So it turns out it was simply a gift to a retiring player, to let him get in one last game of football before hanging it up. Amazing.

We all try to read the Pats' moves like tea leaves, but there's so much behind the scenes we'll never know. And of course, the more those things reflect kindly on Bill Belichick, the less he lets us know them. :)

Its called CLASS....when you do something nice for someone you should be doing it for that reason and that reason only....if he turned around and told the media why Lynch played so much it would take away from the nice thing he did.

But the media and the NFL would just perfer to slam the guy and ignore the facts. He may be a bit surely but he is a nice guy.

I was fascinated to read this part:

Remember how we all tried to dissect what it meant that Lynch got so much playing time in that game? So it turns out it was simply a gift to a retiring player, to let him get in one last game of football before hanging it up. Amazing.

We all try to read the Pats' moves like tea leaves, but there's so much behind the scenes we'll never know. And of course, the more those things reflect kindly on Bill Belichick, the less he lets us know them. :)

So much for BB being a robot ,with no concerns, other than the bottom line.

Spygate be damned. In time, it always balances out. Belichick is truly a class act.

John Lynch still likes the "Patriots way"

Lynch excited about McDaniels - The Denver Post

Later during an interview, Lynch said he likes the way McDaniels has brought the "Patriot Way" to Denver, signing "character" players like Dawkins, the hard-hitting defensive leader from Philadelphia.

"I'm very fond of the way they do things in New England. That's why I went there, and I wouldn't have played anywhere else," Lynch said. "I went there for the opportunity to play for that organization, and I had an opportunity to be around Josh McDaniels and was thoroughly impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes