PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joey Porter: "The Road To The AFC East Title goes through Miami"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on how you split the hair. The Patriots were also 11-5, after all.

You're a good bloke, but they won the division. We had teh same record, but they won the division.

After reading Porter's quotes more closely, he is a moron. Does he realize the Pats and Dolphins had the same record last year eventhough the Pats didn't have Brady and the only reason the Dolphins won the division was because they won one more conference game than the Pats? It wasn't like the Pats lost by 3 games or something.

Technically, he's not lying. They are defending division champs. For now.
But that doesn't mean that the road to the AFCE goes through Miami this year. It only means they were the division winners last year.

There sure are a lot of off-season talkers in the AFCE these days.

Good thing Lombardis aren't awarded basis on flapping gums.

Hate to break to you Joey, but the road to the AFC east goes through New York, Buffalo and New England as well. Not to mention, 10 other professional team's cities.

Some days, I miss Joey Porter in the Black and Gold, other days, not so much.

Ya know, of the other 3 teams in the AFC East, I have to give the edge to Miami to compete with the Patriots not because of Porter, but because of Parcells. He's very good at what he does.

Plus the Jets and Bills...well, they are the Jets and Bills. your version of the Browns and Bengals.

Perhaps Joey's grammar is a bit lacking and what he really meant to say was "the road to the AFC East title goes OVER Miami." I take no issue with that statement.

Some days, I miss Joey Porter in the Black and Gold, other days, not so much.

Ya know, of the other 3 teams in the AFC East, I have to give the edge to Miami to compete with the Patriots not because of Porter, but because of Parcells. He's very good at what he does.

Plus the Jets and Bills...well, they are the Jets and Bills. your version of the Browns and Bengals.

I think one of the reasons Rooney got rid of Porter were not just for financial reasons nor were they for an adequate replacement,I think the Rooney family does not tolerate trouble makers and big mouths - I think when Porter had that altercation with the Bengal player in Vegas it was the beginning of the end of Porter in Pittsburgh.

The Rooney's run a tight ship and a respectable organization and Porter simply didn't fit anymore despite the great talent Joey has as an NFL LB

Well...Looks like were underdogs again!;)

First we have the Patriots circling weeks 2 and 11, now they are going to circle weeks 9 and 13.

Nothing like intra-division chest thumping to jack up the motivation to beat them...bulletin board material in June is sure to stay up until January.

I don't think the Pats have enough space on the bulletin board for all this material!

My my... quite the boasting contest we've got going between the Dolphins and the Jets now, don't we?

Hahaha, it must suck to play on such a crappy team that you think that division championships (followed by first-round playoff exits) are worth pounding your chest over.

Yeah,The Dolphins won the AFC EAST,and proceeded to score a whopping three points in their brief playoff experience.....impressive......

Pavlov's Dog was a faster learner than Joey Porter.

another proof of what porter says is that the Earth is round

First we have the Patriots circling weeks 2 and 11, now they are going to circle weeks 9 and 13.

Nothing like intra-division chest thumping to jack up the motivation to beat them...bulletin board material in June is sure to stay up until January.

If any member of the Patriots need this on the bulletin board to get ready for a division rival they should no be playing football in the NFL.

If any member of the Patriots need this on the bulletin board to get ready for a division rival they should no be playing football in the NFL.

Right motivation doesn't factor in how well they play against a team. Like motivation doesn't factor into how many points they put on the board or how often they throw at or over someone :rolleyes:

Right...

Right motivation doesn't factor in how well they play against a team. Like motivation doesn't factor into how many points they put on the board or how often they throw at or over someone :rolleyes:

Right...

Or how they approach burning a Pittsburgh Steelers' safety?

So Rodney shouldn't have been playing the last 6 years?

You don't really think that players are such machines and so unemotional that they are robots on the field and are unaffected by nsulting remarks? Football is an emotionally charged game, and ramping up the other team's emotions is not smart.

Football is more than completing a blocking assignment and running out a pattern. Momentum swings in a game are real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Mark Morse
52 seconds ago
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call