PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joey Porter released

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not a Patriots type player, and I would know because I've watched a lot of high school football.

But, if you can get him cheap and duct tape his mouth, he could serve a purpose.

He's not a Patriots type player? What is all this talk about "He's not a Patriots type player?" Well, he is familiar with the 3-4. So what if he talks trash? He's not afraid to speak his mind. I wouldn't be surpised when the Pats sign him.

Joey Porter - LB - Steelers Free Agent Mar. 1 - 10:27 pm et
The Jets had reportedly inquired about a trade involving Joey Porter before Porter was released on Thursday. ESPN's John Clayton says Porter could land in New York if Eric Barton is released. Victor Hobson would then likely move to inside linebacker.

Report Via Sirius no link

They were just saying that the Jets are already in heavy negotiations with Joey Porter. It's speculated that it's a 5 year deal worth 6-7 million a season. They are clearly the front runners

and from rotoworld

this is from www.rotoworld.com :

Joey Porter-LB-Steelers Mar. 1 - 10:27 pm et

The Jets had reportedly inquired about a trade involving Joey Porter before Porter was released on Thursday.
ESPN's John Clayton says Porter could land in New York if Eric Barton is released. Victor Hobson would then likely move to inside linebacker.

Source: ESPN Insider
Related: Eric Barton, Victor Hobson

They were just saying that the Jets are already in heavy negotiations with Joey Porter. It's speculated that it's a 5 year deal worth 6-7 million a season. They are clearly the front runners

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say he's not a "Patriot type player", but at 6-7 million for 5 years, you can have him!!!

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say he's not a "Patriot type player", but at 6-7 million for 5 years, you can have him!!!

==================================

Sounds like a lot to me also, but if the Jets want to play the 3/4 they need some help with the pass rush, Porter is argueably a top 5 LB in the 3/4, Jets have the cap, might as well spend it.

Tannenbaum has his poop together, if him and the Penquin like the deal then I am all for it.

Still just a rumor at this point.

100th post, can I get a welcome to the board now :rocker:

Sorry Gun Nails but I despise your team You seem like a nice guy though the only thing that would make me Sicker then the jets upping us on a Lb this season is Graham in puke green knocking down teddy bruschi i'd literally barf in my mouth. And doing the cermonial helmet clap with Noodle arm.

Sorry Gun Nails but I despise your team You seem like a nice guy though the only thing that would make me Sicker then the jets upping us on a Lb this season is Graham in puke green knocking down teddy bruschi i'd literally barf in my mouth. And doing the cermonial helmet clap with Noodle arm.

===================================

lol, I love you too.

Funny, I find it hard to hate the Pats, no problem hating Seattle or Buffalo, but I do admit when the Jets beat the Pats this year it was the highlight of the season for me.

Grahm will not be a Jet. last I heard he is getting offers from the Raiders.:eek:

Nah you're still just a practice squadder ;)

==============================
I only hope that one day I can be judged on the content of my posts and not the number of them.

Admit it though, you guys like having the enemy around where you can keep an eye on us.

Grahm will not be a Jet. last I heard he is getting offers from the Raiders.:eek:

They can have him. Ben Watson and Dave Thomas are good enough for me. :rocker:

==============================
I only hope that one day I can be judged on the content of my posts and not the number of them.

wow you had better get to work because at this rate your quality adds up to a pile of dog poop.

more tampering files to investigate. nice to lose draft picks.

more tampering files to investigate. nice to lose draft picks.

================================

Jets are tamper proof, you would think a Pats fan would know that. :)

wow you had better get to work because at this rate your quality adds up to a pile of dog poop.

====================================

Well teach me then. seriousl though this is one of the best posts I have ever seen, not in the football sense but in the funny as hell sense. See below
=================================
Digger44
I dont negotiate with thread terrorists

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back