PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joey Porter has nothing to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I thought they already said Henne was going to be their guy in 2010, even before Pennington got hurt.

What's wrong with Henne? I think he's going to be very good. He's throwing to a bunch of bad receivers. I'm more impressed with him than Sanchez. Henne has the look in his eyes of a football player; Sanchez has the look in his eyes of a fashion designer.

1108091609.jpg

Barstool Sports responds to an article by unabashed Dolphin homer Amando Salguero in the Miami Herald. Armando didn't think it was nice that at the end of yesterday's game, the scoreboard operator at Gillette flashed a picture of Porter with his stats for the day. There was no comment by Porter, who "was as invisible on the field as he was afterward in the locker room, when he bugged out without talking to reporters. Facing the opportunity to match up much of the game against a backup rookie left tackle making only his third career start, Porter whiffed."

Joey Porter And Dolphins Mad At Pats For Publicizing The Fact He Didn’t Make One Tackle Yesterday Boston.BarstoolSports.com

If Porter doesn't want his picture on the scoreboard with the "0 Tackles" stat, then maybe he should quit letting his mouth write checks his obnoxious, overrated ***** can't cash.

Now excuse me while I go play the world's smallest violin... :rolleyes:

What's wrong with Henne?

I didn't say ANYTHING was wrong with Henne. Go back and read the quote I was responding to. Or here, I'll quote it again for you:

The Dolphins don't have a QB, unless they bring Pennington back next season.

At some point during this last offseason or training camp, the Dolphins came out and said by next year Henne would be their QB. I was pointing that out to Deus. That's all.

This is a message board. It's not one that demands lock-step responses as of today. If there are people who wish to believe that Henne will be a good quarterback, this site allows them their opinion, just as it allows those that differ.

If you wish to believe that Henne is going to be a quality QB in the league, you should do that. I'm sure that he, and John Beck, will both have long and brilliant NFL careers as starters for multiple Super Bowl winning teams.

As for Williams, next season IS 2010, and that's what I noted, as far as his retirement goes. It's very generous of you to agree with the obvious points about Porter and Taylor, though.

Finally, regarding the corners... I wanted to see the Patriots draft Smith, so I've got no gripe with him. Davis has all the physical tools. The question is whether he's going to be a smarter NFL player than his brother was early on in his career. I expect that he will be, but only time will tell.

So, essentially, you're making that idiotic crack about "knowledgeable fansite" over a disagreement about Henne's future in the NFL.

I'm sure Ginn will grow a pair within the next two weeks and become the greatest receiver in NFL history the moment that happens, too, right?

Wish I had something witty to say but you're right. I misread your post and thought you were telling me Ricky Williams was retiring after this season. My bad. For the record I never really believed in John Beck and am not even 100% sold on Henne but it's my opinion that we will not see Chad Pennington back in 2010. To say Miami has no QB with the crappy receiving corp they have is just as premature as saying they have a future hall of famer in Henne. They will probably have to give Henne a shot with some new/real WR's before really knowing what they have.

Davone Bess is good.....

but he is not even close to being in the BESST category of WR's in the league.

:):)

Last edited:
...To say Miami has no QB with the crappy receiving corp they have is just as premature as saying they have a future hall of famer in Henne. They will probably have to give Henne a shot with some new/real WR's before really knowing what they have.

How so? Pennington was able to get the job done, after all, when he took the team to 11-5 last season. Did Parcells & Company give Beck a shot with those new/real WRs?

Look, reasonable people can differ on players and their potential. Hell, just follow this board's Maroney threads and you'll see a great deal of disagreement about a player who's been in the league for years. However, to say that it's premature for Henne when Pennington was able to get the job done just doesn't fly with me. To me, Henne looks bad right now, regardless of how soft Ginn is as a receiver. I expect that he'll improve with time but, to this point, I see nothing in him that makes me think he's 'the answer' at QB for the Dolphins.

I didn't see anything in Edwards, and I don't see anything in Henne. It's not personal for me, and if they work out better than I think they will, I'll congratulate them for it.

Let me lead in by saying Joey Porter is an idiot who really needs to keep his mouth shut. He really hasn't made an impactful play since he sacked Sean Hill on 4th and 5 to end the 49ers game last season during the winning streak. However, while I agree winning the game and shutting him up is sweet from a New England perspective if anyone thinks Joey Porter's comments motivated New England to be able to beat Miami (a team with no WR's who can catch) in essentially a 7 point game doesn't think too highly of the Patriots. Seriously if you go up and down the rosters do you think, well Miami is better but their OLB really pissed off the Patroits which motivated them to victory. I seriously doubt that. Also, Porter has a lot of stat less or weak statistical games. His role in Miami has pretty much been one dimensional as a pass rusher which I find odd because I thought he was a decent all around OLB in Pittsburgh, but that's neither here nor there. The Patriots are a better team than Miami, that's why the won the game, but the gap is closing which from the perspective of a Miami fan is pretty cool considering this was a one win team just 2 seasons ago.

-4 second round picks in 2010.

-2 first round picks (one of them Oakland's) in 2011.

Good luck "closing the gap" kiddo. :D :D :D

I don't get the title of this thread...when the hell has Porter EVER had anything intelligent to say?

They should give the scoreboard operator a game ball. LMAO.

How many years has the gap been closing?

There has actually been times when the guppies beat us with the likes of AJ feely. But the gap hasn't closed since than has it? The point is, as long as TFB and BB are running the show everyone else will be second fiddle.

It's funny because ALL the dolphins fans were talking about how this year they were goinmg up while the Pats were on a steady decline. Maybe now they're just going to pray Brady gets hurt again huh? Makes that whole division title last year, which they barely won while we had no Brady, look far away now.

Since J Porter is latest to open his BIG MOUTH I ask you fella & bella Pats Fans, What do J Porter, Steelers making SB reservations BEFORE playing Pats AFC CG, F Mitchell, Mike VanderJERK other NostraDUMus have in common? Keep it clean lol

So now the team that tries to score 100 points a game, according to Tom Brady, wasn't trying to score anymore. Good one.

See what happens when they turn to Henne, open WR's can't catch.

I love it when phin fans say this. One of my buddies said they would have won if the WR's could catch. I then gently reminded him that if the Patriot D-backs could catch the fins receivers wouldn't have had chances to drop the ball. I can remember 3 times Henne through a rocket right into the arms of our DB's and they dropped the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back