PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Joey Porter has something to say to George Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't it be great if the secret service put him in his place, apparently after spouting off to the NFL after the colts game he feels he can tell the president what to do too

This is the same guy who said the officials were outright cheating to try and hand the game to the Colts. Oh that's right, they were. Never mind.

Since when does a man not have the right to a dissenting opinion?

Porter wasn't one of my favorite Steelers before this. He now is.

sucks11.jpg

This thread should be closed and moved. We even have trolls posting stupid comments.

Jacky Roberts said:
The fact that Porter dislikes Bush means I have a reason to respect the Pittsburgh linebacker.

You do realize what he is talking about is more tax cuts, glad to see you have finally come around, though.

PatsFanInEaglesLand said:
You do realize what he is talking about is more tax cuts, glad to see you have finally come around, though.

I dont care what he's talking about. People have the right to hate this presidential fraud for one of many reasons. My dislike for him is based on things like the environment, his blatant racism, and his urination on the Constitution.

I wasn't born in this country, and to someone who had to be naturalized here, the US Constitution is amazing. Maybe you don't realize it since you grew up with it, but if you didn't, you'd realize what this guy is doing to this great document.

Please stop this Political bashing...Cant someone move this thread?

Jacky Roberts said:
I dont care what he's talking about. People have the right to hate this presidential fraud for one of many reasons. My dislike for him is based on things like the environment, his blatant racism, and his urination on the Constitution.

I wasn't born in this country, and to someone who had to be naturalized here, the US Constitution is amazing. Maybe you don't realize it since you grew up with it, but if you didn't, you'd realize what this guy is doing to this great document.

Why don't you go on the political forum with your political pollution. Those wacko's would be glad to have you.

I don't care if you don't like Bush or love the hell out of him. I don't care which end of the political see-saw you ride on. This is a football forum and people should have enough brains not to post political crap on this board.

You sir, don't respect football enough to control yourself. Nor, do you respect other posters on this board. We have many people who come from different backgrounds and different political beliefs. They are here for football.

There are 100,000 political sites on the internet for you to post your political rants. Why do you have to do it on a football forum?There are a small few like you who are selfish enough not to respect that this is a football forum for football fans.

No one gives a sweet **** what your politics are.

PATSNUTme said:
Why don't you go on the political forum with your political pollution. Those wacko's would be glad to have you.

I don't care if you don't like Bush or love the hell out of him. I don't care which end of the political see-saw you ride on. This is a football forum and people should have enough brains not to post political crap on this board.

You sir, don't respect football enough to control yourself. Nor, do you respect other posters on this board. We have many people who come from different backgrounds and different political beliefs. They are here for football.

There are 100,000 political sites on the internet for you to post your political rants. Why do you have to do it on a football forum?There are a small few like you who are selfish enough not to respect that this is a football forum for football fans.

No one gives a sweet **** what your politics are.

I didn't start the political talk, I responded to it.

Jacky Roberts said:
I didn't start the political talk, I responded to it.

That's exactly what my wife hears everday from her 4th graders.

PATSNUTme said:
That's exactly what my wife hears everday from her 4th graders.

Your wife obviously has more intellectual conversations at work than she does at home...

Jacky Roberts said:
Your wife obviously has more intellectual conversations at work than she does at home...

Wow,what a come back. But, I can see it coming from your prospective.

BTW, what I said about political post applies to everyone from both sides. Your's just happened to be the last and the longest rant of the bunch.

PATSNUTme said:
Wow,what a come back. But, I can see it coming from your prospective.

BTW, what I said about political post applies to everyone from both sides. Your's just happened to be the last and the longest rant of the bunch.

Thanks, and since you're our returning champion, you get the last word!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jacky Roberts said:
Thanks, and since you're our returning champion, you get the last word!

Thank you.

The last words are: Everyone piss off with the politics on the football forum.:nono:

PorterWhiteHouse.jpg

Steelers linebacker Joey Porter gets acquainted with the Secret Service: "Is there a problem officers?"

From www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 1:24 p.m. EDT, May 17, 2006

PORTER BACKTRACKS ON BUSH COMMENTS

Steelers linebacker Joey Porter has "clarified" his recent comments regarding his plans for the team's June 2 visit to the White House.

On Sunday, Porter said, "Yeah, I got something to say to [George] Bush, I'm going to have a swagger when I walk in there, too. I'm looking forward to it. I have something to tell him, too. I don't like the way things are running right now. I feel like he has to give me some of my money back, so I got something to tell Bush."

Not surprisingly, Porter is now singing a different tune.

"I regret that my quotes about our team’s upcoming visit to the White House were taken out of context," Porter said in a prepared statement. "I am very excited to have an opportunity to visit the White House and meet the president of the United States. During a lighthearted session with the media, I did joke with them about meeting Uncle Sam and FICA. I did not say that I disapproved of President Bush or the job he has done leading our country. We will be guests of the president and I would never do anything to disrespect him. I consider our upcoming trip an honor and a dream come true. Our entire team is looking forward to visiting the White House and enjoying what promises to be the opportunity of a lifetime."

Said one league insider in response to the quotes attributed to Porter: "He couldn't even read this statement much less write it."

Of course, it's easy for Porter to blame the media for (God forbid) repeating his words verbatim. Though some accounts made sure to mention that Porter was laughing loudly when he made the remarks, we explained on Monday that the folks hired to protect the President won't see the humor.

Really, does it take a genius to figure that there are certain things that shouldn't be said, even in jest? We don't have the time to compile the full list, but we have a feeling that "I'm going to talk sh!t at the President when I go to his crib" falls somewhere between "Stewardess, can I have a pillow to set this bomb on?" and "Honey, I've got the herpes" on the official ranking of statements uttered in jest that won't draw much laughter.

Then again, should we expect anything else from Porter? As one league source recently said: "He is so f--king dumb and to have him as a mouthpiece for the team is unbelievable."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand