PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joey Porter has nothing to say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me lead in by saying Joey Porter is an idiot who really needs to keep his mouth shut. He really hasn't made an impactful play since he sacked Sean Hill on 4th and 5 to end the 49ers game last season during the winning streak. However, while I agree winning the game and shutting him up is sweet from a New England perspective if anyone thinks Joey Porter's comments motivated New England to be able to beat Miami (a team with no WR's who can catch) in essentially a 7 point game doesn't think too highly of the Patriots. Seriously if you go up and down the rosters do you think, well Miami is better but their OLB really pissed off the Patroits which motivated them to victory. I seriously doubt that. Also, Porter has a lot of stat less or weak statistical games. His role in Miami has pretty much been one dimensional as a pass rusher which I find odd because I thought he was a decent all around OLB in Pittsburgh, but that's neither here nor there. The Patriots are a better team than Miami, that's why the won the game, but the gap is closing which from the perspective of a Miami fan is pretty cool considering this was a one win team just 2 seasons ago.

The Dolphins don't have a QB, unless they bring Pennington back next season. They don't have a passing game. 1/2 of their running game will be retiring after next season, according to reports. Taylor and Porter are aging and won't be around soon, which means that what little pass rush the team does have is going to evaporate.

I'm not sure that the 'gap' has closed all that much, other the the impact of New England needing a WR3 upgrade on the roster. Certainly, the early results of the latest draft would tend to favor the Patriots over any other team in the division.

1108091609.jpg

Barstool Sports responds to an article by unabashed Dolphin homer Amando Salguero in the Miami Herald. Armando didn't think it was nice that at the end of yesterday's game, the scoreboard operator at Gillette flashed a picture of Porter with his stats for the day. There was no comment by Porter, who "was as invisible on the field as he was afterward in the locker room, when he bugged out without talking to reporters. Facing the opportunity to match up much of the game against a backup rookie left tackle making only his third career start, Porter whiffed."

Joey Porter And Dolphins Mad At Pats For Publicizing The Fact He Didn’t Make One Tackle Yesterday Boston.BarstoolSports.com

LMAO :D That was brilliant and I LOVE that Joey Who found out about it.

Great find jmt, 5 more stars :)

This has nothing to do with whether or not the Patriots won the game. It has to do with Joey Porter's performance. He made that an issue. Having his picture on the score board with his statistics noted was exactly what he deserved. Perhaps he'll have less to say in the future. If not, he'll just be making more of a fool of himself.

And one more thing--this about "class." The classless one here is Joey Porter, not the anonymous person who put his picture up on the scoreboard. He pretty much requested this treatment.

Last edited:
Looking at his face on the sidelines you could just read it in his eye "oh man, WTF was I thinking"

We wont be hearing from Joey anymore methinks ;)

I hate stats but that one is funny. I think thats my favourite stat ever...

Henne doesn't impress me.

Its very early in his career but I like his calmness and he doesn't make stupid decisions, although I didn't see the New Orleans game where he had two ints.

I watched the battle of the draft busts yesterday evening. Smith vs Young, and Smith was just getting rid of the ball as quickly as possible, he almost looked afraid to hold onto the ball for too long and then it happened, he steps back and rather than go down with the ball he ends up fumbling, he also threw a horrible interception. He had another two ints and another fumble.
Compare that to Henne who seen the sack coming and just covered the ball up and went down. He has a good head for the game and in the games I've seen him he hasn't made any bad decisions. He seems to have a good arm so I really think he has a promising future.

Just on Young by the way, he looked decent yesterday to be fair to him.

Its very early in his career but I like his calmness and he doesn't make stupid decisions, although I didn't see the New Orleans game where he had two ints.

I watched the battle of the draft busts yesterday evening. Smith vs Young, and Smith was just getting rid of the ball as quickly as possible, he almost looked afraid to hold onto the ball for too long and then it happened, he steps back and rather than go down with the ball he ends up fumbling, he also threw a horrible interception. He had another two ints and another fumble.
Compare that to Henne who seen the sack coming and just covered the ball up and went down. He has a good head for the game and in the games I've seen him he hasn't made any bad decisions. He seems to have a good arm so I really think he has a promising future.

Just on Young by the way, he looked decent yesterday to be fair to him.
I agree with you. I think he's pretty impressive given his lack of experience. I don't like saying this, but the Dolphins are a pretty good team. I think they'll get better, too. Porter's a first-class jackass, but there are few others on that team that bother me. Now, the Jets? That's another story...

Classic. I love it almost as much as the "Lights Out Dance." Of course, that sets the standard for keeping your mouth shut and then slapping the other team in the face when the time is right.

It's very Bruschi-esque.

The sad part of this is Joey Porter can actually play.. he's just a dimwit that ruins his own standing in the sport because of his attention seeking. I'm surprised Sparano and Parcells haven't ***** slapped him to shut him up.

The Dolphins don't have a QB, unless they bring Pennington back next season. They don't have a passing game. 1/2 of their running game will be retiring after next season, according to reports. Taylor and Porter are aging and won't be around soon, which means that what little pass rush the team does have is going to evaporate.

I'm not sure that the 'gap' has closed all that much, other the the impact of New England needing a WR3 upgrade on the roster. Certainly, the early results of the latest draft would tend to favor the Patriots over any other team in the division.

I'm sure many consider this to be a knowledgable fansite correct? Then why are you the only one who thinks Miami has no QB when there are posts right in this thread about Henne and how he will be good from other Pats fans. Ricky Williams is retiring after the 2010 season, I agree about Taylor and Porter but LB is a need whether they are here or not. The Dolphins drafted their 2 starting corners, who look like they'll be there for years (I'm sure you think Davis stinks but it was his 2nd career start and Randy Moss diagrees with you per a conversation he and Davis had after the game) and a free safety who's seen time as well as a WR who's been playing. I don't know everything about NE's 2009 draft but Miami has been pretty good as well.

Miami is a couple of playmaking players on offense from being a very good team. A true #1 WR and pass catching TE would make a world of difference despite their other needs.

I'm sure many consider this to be a knowledgable fansite correct? Then why are you the only one who thinks Miami has no QB when there are posts right in this thread about Henne and how he will be good from other Pats fans. Ricky Williams is retiring after the 2010 season, I agree about Taylor and Porter but LB is a need whether they are here or not. The Dolphins drafted their 2 starting corners, who look like they'll be there for years (I'm sure you think Davis stinks but it was his 2nd career start and Randy Moss diagrees with you per a conversation he and Davis had after the game) and a free safety who's seen time as well as a WR who's been playing. I don't know everything about NE's 2009 draft but Miami has been pretty good as well.

Miami is a couple of playmaking players on offense from being a very good team. A true #1 WR and pass catching TE would make a world of difference despite their other needs.

This is a message board. It's not one that demands lock-step responses as of today. If there are people who wish to believe that Henne will be a good quarterback, this site allows them their opinion, just as it allows those that differ.

If you wish to believe that Henne is going to be a quality QB in the league, you should do that. I'm sure that he, and John Beck, will both have long and brilliant NFL careers as starters for multiple Super Bowl winning teams.

As for Williams, next season IS 2010, and that's what I noted, as far as his retirement goes. It's very generous of you to agree with the obvious points about Porter and Taylor, though.

Finally, regarding the corners... I wanted to see the Patriots draft Smith, so I've got no gripe with him. Davis has all the physical tools. The question is whether he's going to be a smarter NFL player than his brother was early on in his career. I expect that he will be, but only time will tell.

So, essentially, you're making that idiotic crack about "knowledgeable fansite" over a disagreement about Henne's future in the NFL.

I'm sure Ginn will grow a pair within the next two weeks and become the greatest receiver in NFL history the moment that happens, too, right?

maybe he'll tell us our Scoreboard operator is classless and "he probably get it from the head coach". I bed LT's ears are ringing. Great stufff

Between this pic and the one of the Moss stiff-arm to Vontae, I've got some great new desktop material. I doubt my Fish fan co-worker will enjoy them much, though. Hee!

Although, to be fair, he is a nice guy, very knowledgeable about football and said he expected the Pats to win this time, so maybe I'll go easy on him. :D

Last edited:
Between this pic and the one of the Moss stiff-arm to Vontae, I've got some great new desktop material. I doubt my Fish fan co-worker will enjoy them much, though. Hee!

Although, to be fair, he is a nice guy, very knowledgeable about football and said he expected the Pats to win this time, so maybe I'll go easy on him. :D

I lived in Miami for years. There are a lot of knowledgeable, polite and friendly Dolphins fans. Unfortunately, the obnoxious bastards are ridiculously over the top, to the point that they often ruin the fun even for the other Dolphins fans. And that takes some doing because, if you've ever listened to the Dolphins broadcasters (especially Mandich), you know that a bunch of homers like that will be tough to piss off.

The Dolphins don't have a QB, unless they bring Pennington back next season.

But I thought they already said Henne was going to be their guy in 2010, even before Pennington got hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back