PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Flacco thinks he is the best QB in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont see the big deal here what did you want him to say "i think im a top 10 qb"?

I dont see the big deal here what did you want him to say "i think im a top 10 qb"?

I don't understand why people think it's so hard to either a) shut the hell up, or lacking that b) not say something stupid. Flacco didn't shut up, and then he proceeded to say the stupidest thing he could've said given the circumstances.

"Hey, Dan, where do you rank yourself among the other QB's in the league?"

"I don't worry about things like that. There are a lot of great QBs out there. My job is to constantly improve and do everything I can to help us win."

This. Is. Not. Hard. To. Do.

He's obviously not, but if he steps up in the playoffs the way he did in the AFCCG I wouldn't be suprised if he's hoisting a SB MVP trophy sometime soon. That is if Lewis/Reed have a couple years at their current level left in them.

In the words of the great Willie McGinest, "We don't talk about it. We just be about it." Words to live by.

Just like lovey dovey couples who make you wonder why they have to prove how much they love eachother every time you see them, I wonder why Joe Flacco feels he has to tell us this? Trying to convince yourself, maybe? By the way, Joe, in my experience, those couples are always the ones getting a divorce.

Last edited:
wish he woulda just said he was the 2nd best QB to avoid a silly thread........:cool:

Joe Flacco thinking ... well there's the first false statement!

tumblr_ly04utNZrs1qmn6ddo1_500.jpg

So he's trying to pull an Eli huh.

Well, this is what he actually said:

"I assume everybody thinks they're a top-five quarterback," Flacco said when asked where he thinks he ranks among NFL quarterbacks. "I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. I mean, c'mon? That's not really too tough of a question. That doesn't mean that things are going to work out that way..."

I don't have any issue with that. If you don't think you're the best, you shouldn't be lacing 'em up and stepping between the white lines on Sunday afternoon. I think Flacco makes it pretty clear how it means what he says in relation to the question he was asked.

Well, this is what he actually said:

"I assume everybody thinks they're a top-five quarterback," Flacco said when asked where he thinks he ranks among NFL quarterbacks. "I mean, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'm top five, I think I'm the best. I don't think I'd be very successful at my job if I didn't feel that way. I mean, c'mon? That's not really too tough of a question. That doesn't mean that things are going to work out that way..."

I don't have any issue with that. If you don't think you're the best, you shouldn't be lacing 'em up and stepping between the white lines on Sunday afternoon. I think Flacco makes it pretty clear how it means what he says in relation to the question he was asked.

Shouldn't be lacing the shoes up if you don't think you are the best?

If that is true then starting QBs in 2011 like Curtis Painter and Mark Sanchez not only should have not laced up his shoes but shouldn't have even put his socks on!

Last edited:
I don't know if I'd call him absolute garbage.

He threw a pass that should have taken the Ravens to the Super Bowl.

I mean, if he's absolute garbage, what is Sanchez? Gabbert?
Sanchez is solidly worse, and Gabbart was a rookie with no offseason program on a team devoid of talent.

I don't understand why people think it's so hard to either a) shut the hell up, or lacking that b) not say something stupid. Flacco didn't shut up, and then he proceeded to say the stupidest thing he could've said given the circumstances.

"Hey, Dan, where do you rank yourself among the other QB's in the league?"

"I don't worry about things like that. There are a lot of great QBs out there. My job is to constantly improve and do everything I can to help us win."

This. Is. Not. Hard. To. Do.
Because many people do not think Flacco is accountable to them for approval of the way he chooses to answer a quesiton.

Because many people do not think Flacco is accountable to them for approval of the way he chooses to answer a quesiton.

Who says anything about accountability? Coming out and stating that you're the best QB in the league when it's so painfully obviously not true is idiotic. This, coupled with his quote a few months ago about being able to put up the same numbers as the best QBs if only his team didn't run so much, means he should be ridiculed.

If Ochocinco came out and said he's the best WR in the league, you'd kill him for it.

Who says anything about accountability? Coming out and stating that you're the best QB in the league when it's so painfully obviously not true is idiotic. This, coupled with his quote a few months ago about being able to put up the same numbers as the best QBs if only his team didn't run so much, means he should be ridiculed.

If Ochocinco came out and said he's the best WR in the league, you'd kill him for it.
Accountable to you about what he can say means exactly what you just did. It is a fact that you feel you can judge how he should be allowed to answer a question. You just restated it.
I would have absolutely no problem if 85 made the same comments. I believe it is accurate that most players have that confidence when they are on the field.

Accountable to you about what he can say means exactly what you just did. It is a fact that you feel you can judge how he should be allowed to answer a question. You just restated it.
I would have absolutely no problem if 85 made the same comments. I believe it is accurate that most players have that confidence when they are on the field.

If he was accountable to me, he'd have to explain himself to me in greater detail upon request, because I'm in a position to demand an explanation for his actions. He doesn't, and I'm not.

Being held accountable and getting ripped for publicly saying something stupid are two different things.

Now I know you're going to go on for 35 posts about redefining "accountability." So have fun with that.

You shouldn't judge Gabbert based on one year throwing to the worst recieving corps ever assembled.
Sanchez isn't even worthy talking about.

You should judge Gabbert by his pocket cowardice.

If he was accountable to me, he'd have to explain himself to me in greater detail upon request, because I'm in a position to demand an explanation for his actions. He doesn't, and I'm not.
That is EXACTLY the point.
He is NOT accountable to you, but your comments indicate you think he should be.

Being held accountable and getting ripped for publicly saying something stupid are two different things.
Now I know you're going to go on for 35 posts about redefining "accountability." So have fun with that.
No, you should understand it after this one.
You seem to understand the definition of accountable, but don't understand the point I am making.
Your comments such as:

I don't understand why people think it's so hard to either a) shut the hell up, or lacking that b) not say something stupid. Flacco didn't shut up, and then he proceeded to say the stupidest thing he could've said given the circumstances

equate to you saying he SHOULD BE accountable to your judgment of how he should answer the question.
Of course he isn't, which is the reason I made the comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft