PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Flacco thinks he is the best QB in the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
That reminds me: It's time to set my watch.

While I don't think Flacco's anything but a mid-level QB, I'd love for the Ravens to pay him as if he's the best QB in the game.

Shouldn't be lacing the shoes up if you don't think you are the best?

If that is true then starting QBs in 2011 like Curtis Painter and Mark Sanchez not only should have not laced up his shoes but shouldn't have even put his socks on!

I think his actual quote makes it pretty clear how Flacco meant those words. That's the context for my comment and I stick by it.

If a guy isn't brimming with that kind of confidence that he's the best at what he does, then he's not going to last long in the NFL. Deep inside, these guys still think of themselves as invincible, with the sky their only limit, just like they did trying to beat their friends at the playground when they were eight or nine. Once they lose that sense, they're just riding a contract and marking time.

Last edited:
Did Brady, Manning, E Manning retire? The league better have him pee in a cup to see what he's on. He's not in the top 10. The best thing he has going for him is the Ravens excellent defense.

I can tell by his statements that ...he has a lingering concussion...and is living his high school days out again....

Good for you, Flacco. Now prove it by winning a few Super Bowls

Right. Because they were on the field together and went head to head, 1 on 1 right?

Give me a break. Such an ignorant thing to say when people claim "so and so QB beat so and so QB so he's better".

The Giants TEAM played better than the Patriots TEAM.

Eli Manning didn't beat Tom Brady. The Giants beat the Patriots.

Learn the difference.

I'm sorry I didn't include the proper emoticon to inform you of my sarcasm.

Or wait... are you being sarcastic? I can't tell, but that "Learn the difference." bit kinda hurt. And the "ignorant thing to say" stings, too. But I forgive you for flaming me. If I had really meant it, I would have deserved it.

Must be the water in Baltimore that Dementia has started to set in the population

First you have a moron with 7 litters claiming she is the $105million jackpot winner but no ticket to produce, or left it in McDonalds, or can't remember where she put it

Next, we have Joe Flacco, now claiming he is the best QB in the NFL

What will we get next from Baltimore ? The Orioles claiming they are the breast baseball team right after they lost to a collegiate team never heard of called State College of Florida ?

Stop eating those crabby patties Spongebob and friends are serving you folk in Baltimore.

“The game is the game. Always”
-Avon Barksdale

Avon's quote is much better than Flacco's. And he is a better drug dealer than Flacco is a QB.

“There’s games beyond the ******* game.”
-Stringer Bell

Now that must be what Flacco's referring to.

While I don't think Flacco's anything but a mid-level QB, I'd love for the Ravens to pay him as if he's the best QB in the game.

As much as I'd like to see them do the same - I think they might be a little too smart. But here's to hoping...:D

I seriously hope he demands to be paid more than any other QB in the game, hopefully the Ravens will call BB and ask "What do you want for Mallett"?

But don't you want your players to think they are the best? I mean, at least outwardly. They need to know their limitations but they should exude confidence.

/\/\/\ This.

I want my QB to think he's the best. If he doesn't, why put him out there?

Media beat these QB's up with questions until they finally answer in a self-confident way, and then the media (and fans) beat them up for having the gall to think that they are the best.

Crazy, no-win situation.

/\/\/\ This.

I want my QB to think he's the best. If he doesn't, why put him out there?

Media beat these QB's up with questions until they finally answer in a self-confident way, and then the media (and fans) beat them up for having the gall to think that they are the best.

Crazy, no-win situation.

Saying that you're the best doesn't equal confidence. Just the opposite, it shows that you're not. Flacco's just whistling past the graveyard.

The best in the game ... Brady, Rodgers, Manning, etc. ... never talk about how good they think they are. They only talk about getting better.

I seriously hope he demands to be paid more than any other QB in the game, hopefully the Ravens will call BB and ask "What do you want for Mallett"?
How much do I want? ...How much do I want??

wu1ovp.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye