PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets will release Kris Jenkins, Vernon Gholston, Damien Woody, Jason Taylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean this isnt madden or fantasy football...Just because they are FA doesnt mean they will want to sign with the pats. Rex Ryan motivates his team by making them hate every other team. Do you really think Jenkins or Woody would sign with us? Jason Taylor maybe because going to the Jets after his career in miami rather mercenary like. I could see Golston wanting to sign with the pats out of spite

I mean this isnt madden or fantasy football...Just because they are FA doesnt mean they will want to sign with the pats. Rex Ryan motivates his team by making them hate every other team. Do you really think Jenkins or Woody would sign with us? Jason Taylor maybe because going to the Jets after his career in miami rather mercenary like. I could see Golston wanting to sign with the pats out of spite

Brilliant analysis. Woody hates the Patriots ? He won a Championship here and went to college here. Ryan just cut him do you think he gives a **** what he thinks. 95% of the players in the NFL go where they are paid the most. Ex-Jets are no exception.

Say we bring Gholston, give him a year, get him better under the right coaching, see how he performs at the end of pre season then if he is still here, see how he performs at the end of the regular season.

"right coaching". Cause the jets coaches are complete imbeciles. See how he performs at the end of the season? And tie up a roster spot on this bust? Don't think so.

I would give Jenkins a look.

Woody - pending a health check he might be a one season replacement for K if he'll sign for backup money

Jenkins - great talent but major risk is health; if his knees blew out early the last 2 seasons, why will he last longer this season? IR $ drain?

Taylor - is there anything in his mercenary tank besides a couple Brady sacks per season?

Gholston - only for a camp tryout at vet minimum; EXTREME long shot since he failed in a player friendly environ vs BB's player demanding world

No excitement about any of these guys. I'd pass on all.

Smart move by the jets, all are essentially done and Gholston just flat out sucks. I'm surprised LT isn't among them.

I'd take Woody back. Still effective even at his age.

Smart move by the jets, all are essentially done and Gholston just flat out sucks. I'm surprised LT isn't among them.

I'm sure NY think he still has plenty of chest beating left.

Until he sucks again, and then they will hate him :)

I'd take Woody back. Still effective even at his age.

Woody is a good football player. He'll turn 34 min-way through next year but I'd have no problem with him in a reserve role or as a spot-starter at RT or a G position.

The purge begins.

Jenkins was huge for them, once he went down, their defense was vulnerable up the middle.

I was always waiting for the impact of Jenkins' absence, but to the Jets' credit it never really seemed to happen. As for his huge impact, he's played in 7 games over the past two years. Losing him will have literally no impact on their defense, unfortunately.

Taylor and (mostly) Woody are real losses for the Jets. Gholston and Jenkins are non-entities.

Last edited:
I was always waiting for the impact of Jenkins' absence, but to the Jets' credit it never really seemed to happen. As for his huge impact, he's played in 7 games over the past two years. Losing him will have literally no impact on their defense, unfortunately.

Taylor and (mostly) Woody are real losses for the Jets. Gholston and Jenkins are non-entities.

That's not true. The Jets had no pass rush this year without Jenkins and were horrible on third downs without Jenkins. His loss wasn't felt on run defense though.

Taylor won't be missed because other than a few games, he was a non-factor. Woody will be missed.

so how can the jets tender both cromartie and Holmes?

Cause in my reckoning that is pretty smart from the jesters cause they r 2 key players for them and they are getting them cheap

so how can the jets tender both cromartie and Holmes?

Cause in my reckoning that is pretty smart from the jesters cause they r 2 key players for them and they are getting them cheap

I am pretty sure the Jets are, like many other teams, operating under the assumption that the FA/RFA rules will be the same as they were last year in the uncapped season. Basically both players are being treated as RFAs. If someone want them, they will have to pay $$ or give up picks or both. On the other hand if the rules are different, the Jets may find themselves in a bit of a bind (crossing fingers)

I am pretty sure the Jets are, like many other teams, operating under the assumption that the FA/RFA rules will be the same as they were last year in the uncapped season. Basically both players are being treated as RFAs. If someone want them, they will have to pay $$ or give up picks or both. On the other hand if the rules are different, the Jets may find themselves in a bit of a bind (crossing fingers)

Yep, much like Minnesota's RFA tendering Rice and Edwards, that is the case exactly.

All 4 and 5 yr players are going to be tendered as RFA's, and of course Cromartie and Holmes both fit this category. Like you said, if the rules change, it's a whole new ballgame.

Stephen Neal retiring, Kaczur splitting, Mankins fuming, and maybe losing Light are strong reasons to welcome Woody back to the team.

Jenkins would instantly become our second best DL. I would take him and all the risk involved in a heartbeat. The high rewards are worth the risks, IMO.

Woody is also still more than capable.

The other two, meh.

Jenkins would instantly become our second best DL. I would take him and all the risk involved in a heartbeat. The high rewards are worth the risks, IMO.

Woody is also still more than capable.

The other two, meh.

YouTube - Jenkins on Patriots* I think after BB sees this you can get all thoughts of that pos coming here out of your mind. Guy is garbage. Plus he is always injured. NTY

YouTube - Jenkins on Patriots* I think after BB sees this you can get all thoughts of that pos coming here out of your mind. Guy is garbage. Plus he is always injured. NTY

I listened to Jenkins on a talk show, basically trashing the Pats. I also remember the hatred of Cowboy fans of Deion Sanders when he was with the 49er's. All was forgotten when he signed with the Cowboys. Anyone remember Brad Park of the Rangers? Wrote a book and slammed the Bruins. All was forgotten when he became a Bruin. When an opposing player trashed another team, it really doesn't mean squat when the price is right.

Maybe if that Honda is missing side mirrors and a muffler.

If Jason Taylor were a Honda....

773133_8f1c_625x1000.jpg

I'd take Woody out of that bunch, since he's got some tread left on the tires, and knows the system, staff, and city. Jenkins I'd love, but he's had 2 knee reconstructions now I think? I'm not sure he'd survive a full season, if his legs would even allow him to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents