PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it all started the previous season when Indy tanked their game against the Jests to help eliminate their nemesis, the Pittsburgh Steelers, from the playoffs. It worked too, as Indy ended up playing the Jests in the AFCCG for an easy victory. Unfortunately for Indy, PEDton came up with another of his patented pick 6's in crunch time and lost the SB to the Aints.

That AFCCG loss by the Jests was the first of two in a row and became the high point of their NYJFL lives since the 60's. Proving once again what the world outside of Hoboken knows to be the reality. The Jets really do suck.

Right, but what's sad is how much credence they put into the idea that these SB wins in 1 or 2 playoff games, mean everything, when they don't realize it means nothing if you're constantly swapping out so many players every year, not keeping continuity, due to cap hell.

They think it's 2004, where you can build a base of players through FA, etc, but that previous CBA (pre 2011) was set up that way. It was more player friendly, which is why this new one is not (too much so).

And, here we are.

Basically, the Jets have had the blueprint 4 hours up the road in Foxborough and have refused to mirror what BB does, and they're still pissing in the wind wondering why they suck or are mediocre in a cap era.

It's comical to watch. Why their fans are not more pissed off, instead of enabling Woody Johnson's stupidity, is beyond me.

The big secret off the lockout was this:

Maximize as many players on your roster under the rookie cap as possible. This will allow you to pounce and get proper ROI on any FA you bring in. If you miss on said FA, it won't handicap your team.

BB acquired boatloads of picks, signs tons of UDFAs, and then strategically lets the FA market come to him.

Basically, the base of your team HAS to come from players under a rookie cap if you want a chance to sustain playoff chances, year in and year out.

Any team can try to do this too, but so many are so arrogant, they refuse to take the 3 offseasons to try it, as they still wallow in cap hell.

It's one more reason Spygate existed and now why Deflategate exists.

Whether there is merit to his thinking is beside the point for me.

It really pisses me off that this is exactly what Goodell and the butthurt owners were trying to do with Defamegate; make the other teams more competitive by hamstringing the Pats.

They just can't compete with the Pats on an even playing field, but they will beat their chests and talk smack if they beat a team that is being unfairly disadvantaged.

It makes me think of the Farside comic where this hunter shoots a bear from behind a tree, where the bear is drinking out of a stream and doesn't even see the huner.

The next scene shows the hunter's house and the bear is stuffed and posed menacingly, as if that is the danger that the hunter really faced.

One more thing on your comment here.....

Look at the Competition Committee and the Owners/GM Meetings, too. Look who is on the Comp Committee. Before it was Polian and Fisher running around and now it's Ozzie Newsome and some other AFC clowns all colluding.

BB wants nothing to do with it anyway, but it's also why he barely makes an appearance at those things, too.

Good for him. It's all stupid good ol boy politics and it's just pathetic our commissioner colludes with those teams to subtly cheat our team behind the scenes. As much as I don't want BB to retire anytime soon, I await his memoir and his trip to Canton, as he tells all about this crap. He knows. Kraft knows. Everyone inside that Pats circle knows.

We are the only franchise in sports history that this has happened to, and it's all in the name of more money, greed, power and ego.

One more thing on your comment here.....

Look at the Competition Committee and the Owners/GM Meetings, too. Look who is on the Comp Committee. Before it was Polian and Fisher running around and now it's Ozzie Newsome and some other AFC clowns all colluding.

BB wants nothing to do with it anyway, but it's also why he barely makes an appearance at those things, too.

Good for him. It's all stupid good ol boy politics and it's just pathetic our commissioner colludes with those teams to subtly cheat our team behind the scenes. As much as I don't want BB to retire anytime soon, I await his memoir and his trip to Canton, as he tells all about this crap. He knows. Kraft knows. Everyone inside that Pats circle knows.

We are the only franchise in sports history that this has happened to, and it's all in the name of more money, greed, power and ego.

Agree for the most part, but the NFL* cheating is anything but subtle.

I believe I do. I have been here for quite a while. And haven't complained once. Those that want to engage in good discussions, I welcome. And those who would like to attack I either ignore or have some fun with. No big deal.

I had what I consider a pretty good football discussion earlier in this very thread with you and I enjoyed it. But then I steered the conversation to where it SHOULD BE, focused specifically on calling out how much THE JETS SUCK. I believe as long as we focus on that general fact, then anything else is fair game.

So....the Jets suck.;)

If you enjoy humoring him that's your choice. Just don't forget the inherent mission of this thread as a public service to the uninitiated. :cool:
Oh I am well aware of the purpose of this thread. The unending eternal suckage of the new jersey swamp rats. I question the mental stability of anyone who roots for them....and those who root for the rats and Mets? Those people have to have a dungeon in their basement where they enjoy being punished.

All of that said this is a relatively bright rats fan who does at least back up their sucking with more then pasties cheaters go jets duuuurrrrr!!! Which I find far more valuable and so I choose, at least to this one the brightest of the bunch, to be somewhat civil and explaining why his team sucks no matter what glimmer of hope they have for this year. Actually that glimmer is what makes their sucking so much more fun. They honestly get their hopes up year after year after year only to have them crushed. Pure Schadenfreude at it's finest.

He's a Jets troll, that's all I need to know. We've had enough of those d-bags around here over the years and I personally have better things to do than go to a Colts, Jets or Broncos messageboard to talk football with them or harass them. Phuck him.
Yeah I would never spend time on another message board Either but compared to those that do that normally come around he is a relatively nice one. Throw him a bone every now and then so we don't get stuck with the usual new jersey swamp rat sewage

I woke up this morning

and the Jets still suck

dc11dea5cabddbf645d99991ae35b4aa.jpg

I've let many "attacks" go. If you care to pay attention, you'll see.

Tune's right though. Not only is this a Pats board, it is the "Jets Suck" thread.

toy-green-army-man-surrounded-white-background-44957075.jpg

It's why I don't get offended by attacks here. I just have fun with 'em. No harm done.
Before you go about patting yourself on the back for enduring the slings and arrows of venturing into this lion's den, don't lose sight of the fact that you are your own worst enemy: you voluntarily CHOSE to be a Jets fan. There is very little joy in that to begin with. If you want to hang out here and be a masochist defending that choice then don't complain about the abuses surely (and deservedly) coming your way.

Yeah I would never spend time on another message board Either but compared to those that do that normally come around he is a relatively nice one. Throw him a bone every now and then so we don't get stuck with the usual new jersey swamp rat sewage
Nahh...I'll just ignore him as long as I can stomach it and not be part of feeding the trolls.

If you want to hang out here and be a masochist defending that choice then don't complain about the abuses surely (and deservedly) coming your way.

Never have and doubtful I ever will. Do your worst. I'd expect nothing less. :cool:

Agree for the most part, but the NFL* cheating is anything but subtle.

Well, many NFL fans are completely clueless to what is really going on, and it's because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Goodell isn't stupid. He knows 95% of NFL fans want what he's doing, even if it's completely illegal.

Drefrauding the consumer is illegal in this country. It doesn't matter if dopey fans from other jealous fanbases don't understand that or not.

Yeah, why settle for mediocrity when you can flat-out suck!
The Jets motto! :D

In Fitzy's case it's the opposite. He led the Jests to their 3rd best win total in team history and best in 5 years. He also improved the team by 6 wins from the previous season, but now he's lousy because the Jests can't afford to pay him what he's worth.
Yet the Jets fans pound their chest and say 'Thank God we took Revis away from the Pats" without seeing any correlation to the fact that they can't sign anyone else. Such a SOFJ move.

Right, but what's sad is how much credence they put into the idea that these SB wins in 1 or 2 playoff games, mean everything, when they don't realize it means nothing if you're constantly swapping out so many players every year, not keeping continuity, due to cap hell.
Truth. Thank God that Tannenbum is busy doing the same thing now in MIA.

Basically, the Jets have had the blueprint 4 hours up the road in Foxborough and have refused to mirror what BB does, and they're still pissing in the wind wondering why they suck or are mediocre in a cap era.

It's comical to watch. Why their fans are not more pissed off, instead of enabling Woody Johnson's stupidity, is beyond me.
Nailed it.

BB acquired boatloads of picks, signs tons of UDFAs, and then strategically lets the FA market come to him.

Basically, the base of your team HAS to come from players under a rookie cap if you want a chance to sustain playoff chances, year in and year out.

Any team can try to do this too, but so many are so arrogant, they refuse to take the 3 offseasons to try it, as they still wallow in cap hell.
So proud of going 10-6 last year, which just guaranteed them they had no real shot at a decent QB in the draft.

They've shown that they excel at drafting QBs good enough to be Geno Smith's backup.

Indeed. The few times he makes sensible suggestions like putting fixed cameras at the goal line (ya know, like NHL has had in the goal for decades now) he gets told asinine things like "that'll cost too much!!!". Stupid is as stupid does.

^This Bill Lee guy is alright. He's on the ball!

My favorite Bill Lee quote by far is this (after Game 6 of the '75 World Series, when he was told of Sparky Anderson's quote of his Game 7 pitcher going to the HOF regardless of Game 7s results):

"Regardless of the outcome of Game 7, I'll be at the Elliot Lounge."

bawhhaah

Galeb, this is not the place for being joshin' pals with Jets fans. This is the JETS SUCK thread. EVERY Green Beans fan that has entered this thread through the years ultimately becomes an irritating ass, as your "funny good-natured" buddy already has demonstrated.

Hear hear! This isn't the place to talk football with any Jets fan. Each year this is the place to go to give examples of the everlasting Jets sucktitude. There's a reason that they're the only team to have a successful Suck Thread.

There's a reason that they're the only team to have a successful Suck Thread.

And praise the football gods for that. I love this darn thread and hope it sticks around for years/decades to come.

Always good for some entertainment and even the occasional valid point.

And praise the football gods for that. I love this darn thread and hope it sticks around for years/decades to come.

This thread has a ways to go to catch up to the almost FIVE DECADES of Jest suckage that Planet Earth has been witness to. I wonder how the occasion of 50 years since a SB win will be marked? Will Fireman Ed become a Nurse? Will Rex return just to eat the green slime-filled cake? Will Woody tamper with Buzz Aldrin to mark the celebration with a live moon landing demonstration? The questions are endless. I for one cannot wait for them to be answered.

It's also a great place for a quiz.

Q: What do these two columns of numbers represent?
12-10
12-11
12-10
12-10
14-12
10-10
11-11
16-10
12-10
10-11*
14*
14*

11*
A: The left column represents the Pats' double digit win seasons and the right is the Jets. The red numbers represent the last 13 years. The asterisks represent championships. I won't embarrass your team (any further) by illustrating the AFC championships.

Last edited:
It's also a great place for a quiz.

Q: What do these two columns of numbers represent?
12-10
12-11
12-10
12-10
14-12
10-10
11-11
16-10
12-10
10-11*
14*
14*

11*
A: The left column represents the Pats' double digit win seasons and the right is the Jets. The red numbers represent the last 13 years. The asterisks represent championships. I won't embarrass your team (any further) by illustrating the AFC championships.

All the more reason I'm watching the Pats/Cards intently week 1. I don't mind if Garoppolo is good, but he better not be Brady part 2. There have been enough red numbers for NE lately.

I won't embarrass your team (any further) by illustrating the AFC championships.

And I don't think Ian has enough bandwidth for you to do the divisional championships....

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes