PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Suck -- 2016 Edition (Official): Futility Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one serious complaint I have of Woody was Tebow. But if memory serves... Wasn't he a Pat too?

That was a kick to the nads. Basically like he thought fans were more interested in headlines n entertainment vs football. Actually made me doubt being a Jet fan.

Overall I like Woody though. His political leanings leave something to be desired, but he was the driving force behind not playing in a stadium with another team's name on it. It was embarrassing tailgating under a "Midgets Stadium" sign. And the PSLs allowed me to become a season ticket holder. Not the perfect solution by any means, but got rid of many of the scalpers buying up and hording all the tickets.

Spending wise?... no issues. Spend big when needed (aka Revis). Don't when it's not called for (aka Fitz).

Jesus, compare that to Brady's famous combine pic.

Dude looks more like Gronk. What's the word on him? Seriously. Any good?

In the limited time he's gotten (preseason or what have you) he seems to be a good manager of the game (not an insult, or at least it shouldn't be). He's pretty mobile and a quick thinker. Hopefully with the offseason he won't have to do much but manage the game, especially with 3 of the first 4 games being at home against "weaker" competition. As long as the OL keeps him tight and upright, and a running game can lax some of the tension (plenty in this draft), he should be OK.

In the limited time he's gotten (preseason or what have you) he seems to be a good manager of the game (not an insult, or at least it shouldn't be). He's pretty mobile and a quick thinker. Hopefully with the offseason he won't have to do much but manage the game, especially with 3 of the first 4 games being at home against "weaker" competition. As long as the OL keeps him tight and upright, and a running game can lax some of the tension (plenty in this draft), he should be OK.

Cool. Of course as a Jet fan if you guys have another great QB waiting around, that'd suck. But also good to see potential quality QBs being "raised" correctly.

Not to make light of the Brady suspension, but there is an upside. Get to see the kid play and gain experience. I'll definitely make a point of trying to watch those four games. Arizona is a tough one of course, but the Buffalo one I think may be the best test. You know Rex will scheme up some stuff to confuse the kid. If he does well vs Rex's D, could have something.

The one serious complaint I have of Woody was Tebow. But if memory serves... Wasn't he a Pat too?

That was a kick to the nads. Basically like he thought fans were more interested in headlines n entertainment vs football. Actually made me doubt being a Jet fan.

Overall I like Woody though. His political leanings leave something to be desired, but he was the driving force behind not playing in a stadium with another team's name on it. It was embarrassing tailgating under a "Midgets Stadium" sign. And the PSLs allowed me to become a season ticket holder. Not the perfect solution by any means, but got rid of many of the scalpers buying up and hording all the tickets.

Spending wise?... no issues. Spend big when needed (aka Revis). Don't when it's not called for (aka Fitz).

Wow.

HAve you looked at your drafts since Revis in 2007?

2008 - Gholston
2009 - Traded up for Sanchez at 5
2010 - Kyle Wilson
2012 - Coples
2013 - Dee Milliner

And, it's not like your team has hit well in the mid or late rounds either.

That's your problem and why renting 30 somethings past their prime to hide those disastrous drafts, only delays the inevitable cap hell you're still in.

You realize your QB is going to be Geno Smith again, right?

Cool. Of course as a Jet fan if you guys have another great QB waiting around, that'd suck. But also good to see potential quality QBs being "raised" correctly.

Not to make light of the Brady suspension, but there is an upside. Get to see the kid play and gain experience. I'll definitely make a point of trying to watch those four games. Arizona is a tough one of course, but the Buffalo one I think may be the best test. You know Rex will scheme up some stuff to confuse the kid. If he does well vs Rex's D, could have something.

Well, the suspension shouldn't even exist, as there is no scheme to fiddle the footballs Brady blessed 2 hours before game time.

The premise is preposterous in the first place.

Grrr........thanks. Now back to hating you and your ilk...

b2dcb2a803d3a3875941d5cf3f8d8ea9.jpg

Wow.

2008 - Gholston
2010 - Kyle Wilson
2012 - Coples
2013 - Dee Milliner

That's your problem and why renting 30 somethings past their prime to hide those disastrous drafts, only delays the inevitable cap hell you're still in.

Geno starting? I can only hope.

Drafting? That's the GM man.

Wow.

2008 - Gholston
2010 - Kyle Wilson
2012 - Coples
2013 - Dee Milliner

We can only hope that the Rats keep blowing their picks, because God knows they won't be docked any draft picks for any violation they commit, no matter how egregious, with the current NFL* front office.

By the way the NFL* officially gets an asterisk for all future seasons after the Patriots are not allowed to pick in the first round tonight.

The owners putting their thumbs on the competitive balance scale has rendered all future Superbowl winners victories tainted.

Geno starting? I can only hope.

Drafting? That's the GM man.

That's where you are wrong. Woody Johnson has his fingerprints all over most of the high profile picks and FA moves from Tannenbaum to Idzik to now with the new guy.

Don't kid yourself.

See, this is the part where everyone starts to see you as a delusional Jets fan, and not just for you wanting Geno Bust as your starter.

Woody Johnson, Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones, etc, they are all the same person. THEY are the GMs.

That's where you are wrong. Woody Johnson has his fingerprints all over most of the high profile picks and FA moves from Tannenbaum to Idzik to now with the new guy.

Don't kid yourself.

See, this is the part where everyone starts to see you as a delusional Jets fan, and not just for you wanting Geno Bust as your starter.

Woody Johnson, Dan Snyder, Jerry Jones, etc, they are all the same person. THEY are the GMs.

If true, then f@ck Woody. I don't see even the slightest chance of it being true though.

If true, then f@ck Woody. I don't see even the slightest chance of it being true though.

What do you mean, "if true"? He and Rex were toxic together. Rex made a lot of the picks for Tannenbaum and Woody went along with it.

It's well known Woody Johnson wanted Revis back to overpay for a past his prime CB with a bloated deal, which should tell you something.

Your team has been half-rebuilding and renting overpriced FAs past the age of 30 for years and years.

Aren't you angry Wilkerson is gone and they never budgeted for him, only to overpay Revis, Brandon Marshall, etc, with holes all over your roster?

Harris is old and so is Mangold. Harris is set to make 8 million in 2016 and he can't cover. Good player, but who are the drafted and developed replacements?

What do you mean, "if true"? He and Rex were toxic together. Rex made a lot of the picks for Tannenbaum and Woody went along with it.

It's well known Woody Johnson wanted Revis back to overpay for a past his prime CB with a bloated deal, which should tell you something.

Your team has been half-rebuilding and renting overpriced FAs past the age of 30 for years and years.

Aren't you angry Wilkerson is gone and they never budgeted for him, only to overpay Revis, Brandon Marshall, etc, with holes all over your roster?

Harris is old and so is Mangold. Harris is set to make 8 million in 2016 and he can't cover. Good player, but who are the drafted and developed replacements?

No problem at all with the Revis deal.

Harris and Mangold have been great and seem to be making fair money.

Angry Wilkerson is gone? He's not gone. There is no way the Wilkerson situation works out that is a negative because of drafting Williams last year.
Trade him, save 16mil in cap and get some picks? Cool.
Keep him and we're getting an extremely motivated player for 2016 with first dibs at signing him in 2017.

Marshall? Are you seriously suggesting Marshall is overpaid and/or not worth the 5th pick we gave up for him? (Btw, I expect the same result with Forte.)

No problem at all with the Revis deal.

Harris and Mangold have been great and seem to be making fair money.

Angry Wilkerson is gone? He's not gone. There is no way the Wilkerson situation works out that is a negative because of drafting Williams last year.
Trade him, save 16mil in cap and get some picks? Cool.
Keep him and we're getting an extremely motivated player for 2016 with first dibs at signing him in 2017.

Marshall? Are you seriously suggesting Marshall is overpaid and/or not worth the 5th pick we gave up for him? (Btw, I expect the same result with Forte.)

No, I am saying Marshall, Revis, Cromartie (now gone), etc, etc, are all overpaid for their age an value on the current market.

You have holes all over your roster. Are you blind?

Renting high priced FAs or trading for high priced players while you have no base built through the draft yet, is cap hell and teambuilding suicide.

I guess you're just another delusional Jets fan who sees things through rose colored glasses.

Put it this way, you're renting Revis for the end of his career as he yet again destroys your cap position, you have no linebackers, you lost Harrison and will lose Wilkerson since you can't afford him, and now will be renting an aging Forte in the process.

It's just sad you can't see not budgetnig for Wilkerson, your best draft pick since Revis in 2007, while resigning Revis at age 30 instead, the very guy wo has handicapped your franchise's financial position for years and years, is somehow not a big deal.

Also, Leonard Williams never made one impact play as a rookie and could be another bust.

No, I am saying Marshall, Revis, Cromartie (now gone), etc, etc, are all overpaid for their age an value on the current market.

You have holes all over your roster. Are you blind?

Renting high priced FAs or trading for high priced players while you have no base built through the draft yet, is cap hell and teambuilding suicide.

I guess you're just another delusional Jets fan who sees things through rose colored glasses.

Put it this way, you're renting Revis for the end of his career as he yet again destroys your cap position, you have no linebackers, you lost Harrison and will lose Wilkerson since you can't afford him, and now will be renting an aging Forte in the process.

It's just sad you can't see not budgetnig for Wilkerson, your best draft pick since Revis in 2007, while resigning Revis at age 30 instead, the very guy wo has handicapped your franchise's financial position for years and years, is somehow not a big deal.

Also, Leonard Williams never made one impact play as a rookie and could be another bust.

Plenty to respond to, but watching the draft.

Update in case you're boycotting... Goff to the Rams.

I just can't wait to see how the Jets dreams get crushed tonight!

G*d, what a f*cked-up evening. My hatred and contempt for Goodell and the NYJFL* have got to the pitch that even JF79 seems like a benign and decent human being.
Wow ... that is messed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference