PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets seek permission to talk to Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Divisional competition aside, I think that would be hysterical. Farve hasn't had to learn a new offense for how many years? And he'd be heading to a team with grumbling veterans, tons of new pieces to put together, and a hard-ass coach younger than he is? Toss in the New York media and you have awesome theater, bordering on circus.

Oh, I agree 100%.

You're looking at a meltdown the scale of which the football world has never seen.

Divisional competition aside, I think that would be hysterical. Farve hasn't had to learn a new offense for how many years? And he'd be heading to a team with grumbling veterans, tons of new pieces to put together, and a hard-ass coach younger than he is? Toss in the New York media and you have awesome theater, bordering on circus.

Funny and true.

Say what you want about the Jets, but their OL was hideous last year, and it has been upgraded. Their pass rush was hideous last year, it has been upgraded. They had no nose last year, that has been upgraded. And they have no QB. And if they get Favre, that is obviously a significant upgrade. If the Jets get Favre, they could easily be a playoff team, even in a tough conference.

And how exactly would the JEST afford the remainder of Lord Favre's contract?
That's simple according to one Jets blog I just read.
Trade Chad for Favre, let Clemens learn from "the best" and draft an athletic QB in next year's draft. According to this Jets fan, it's a no lose proposition and Brett would also increase team revenue due to the surge in shirt sales. :rolleyes:

How he'd pick up their offense and to whom he'll throw once Coles goes down again should be ignored.

Say what you want about the Jets, but their OL was hideous last year, and it has been upgraded. Their pass rush was hideous last year, it has been upgraded. They had no nose last year, that has been upgraded. And they have no QB. And if they get Favre, that is obviously a significant upgrade. If the Jets get Favre, they could easily be a playoff team, even in a tough conference.

From what I have heard from some Jets reports, the RT has been significantly upgraded..... in poundage. Early word is uncharacteristically, Damien Woody is seriously overweight and out of shape.

The Jets have upgraded their RG spot quite a bit (I don't know if it could get much worse), but I don't know if the right side of their line is going to be any better than last year.

I don't know if the Jets could "easily" be a playoff team with Favre. Favre was pretty average in the years prior to last year. You gotta think it had to do with the system he was in and the personnel around him. Prior to last year, he was a turnover machine.

BTW, I am loving that this is public. Now the Jets have given up a ton of leverage with the Packers because if they don't get the deal done, how can they sell that they feel they can win with either Pennington or Clemmens? Considering that the Packers had next to no leverage to start the process, this is a huge shift in leverage.

I hope this is true. It is going to end badly for Favre and when it does he will not be able to accept any of it as his fault. He will take everyone around him down with him. The benefit of it being in NY is he will take Mangini and the Jets down with him.

Dear God;

Hey, it's Steve again. I rarely ask for much besides my wife and children remaining happy and healthy. Yet, if I may, I have a request right now. Please help the New York Jets get lord Brett Favre from the Green Bay Packers. Thank you very much.

Steve

From what I have heard from some Jets reports, the RT has been significantly upgraded..... in poundage. Early word is uncharacteristically, Damien Woody is seriously overweight and out of shape.

The Jets have upgraded their RG spot quite a bit (I don't know if it could get much worse), but I don't know if the right side of their line is going to be any better than last year.

I don't know if the Jets could "easily" be a playoff team with Favre. Favre was pretty average in the years prior to last year. You gotta think it had to do with the system he was in and the personnel around him. Prior to last year, he was a turnover machine.

Fancea at LG will help D'Brick and Mangold, Brick has been average at best but Mangold is a nice player getting better.

Also, Harris and Revis, their top tackler and CB, are both in their 2nd years, and could improve. In that over/unders thread their number I think was 6 or 6.5 and I thought that was a good over play.

BTW, I am loving that this is public. Now the Jets have given up a ton of leverage with the Packers because if they don't get the deal done, how can they sell that they feel they can win with either Pennington or Clemmens? Considering that the Packers had next to no leverage to start the process, this is a huge shift in leverage.

This, however, I agree with you 100% on. That they are pursuing him can't help matters confidence in regards to Pennington or Clemens anyway. Doesn't matter if they ever get into negotiations.

I think the Jets would have to give up a 2, which I guess if he played x number of games, or threw so many TDs or the Jets won so many games, whatever those numbers are, that it could get bumped up to a 1.

Are you kidding, this would be a blast. How much fun would it be to see Favre and Mangenius duke it out? To piss off Pennington and destroy Clemens? To have all that retirement drama take place in the city that never lets anyone sleep?

Why would anyone want to miss that?

Dude Favre is a Gun Slinger...he likes to connect on the Big Pass plays Deep. Which WR's on the Jets can get open consistently on the fly? still waiting? The Jets just don't have the Speed on Offense to suit Favre...if Favre accepts this Trade he's going strictly for the $$$$. Brett Favre was a Great QB, he's not that anymore. As somebody said the Jets are not a CONTENDA!:D

Uhh..ever hear of Laveranues Coles?

Are you kidding, this would be a blast. How much fun would it be to see Favre and Mangenius duke it out? To piss off Pennington and destroy Clemens? To have all that retirement drama take place in the city that never lets anyone sleep?

Why would anyone want to miss that?

I'd pay to watch that. Seriously.

Favre would be a huge addition for this season. However, with no leverage and a front office desperate for wins, the Jets could mortgage their future just for a shot at a wild card.
If they overpay, it'll take a while for them to recover.

Uhh..ever hear of Laveranues Coles?
Laveranues Coles isn't a speed threat. He's more of a possesion guy.

Jerricho Cotchery, on the other hand, might be what Favre needs.

Oh please, this would be fantastic. Favre isn't enough to put the jets over the top so it just hamstrings them for a few years and gets them a little more pub. They still will lose both times to us. Awesome. Please do it.

but favre is good enough to put some heat on the patriots. with favre, i can see them going 10-6.

but favre is good enough to put some heat on the patriots. with favre, i can see them going 10-6.

Big deal. That just means a crappier draft pick. The Patriots aren't losing to the jets, with or without Favre. The Patriots win 12 games AT LEAST this season. I'd love for gang green to go 10-6.

Big deal. That just means a crappier draft pick. The Patriots aren't losing to the jets, with or without Favre. The Patriots win 12 games AT LEAST this season. I'd love for gang green to go 10-6.

How about meeting them in the Play offs and giving them a beating that their Great Great Grandchildren will feel?

I'm for it. Bring on Lord Farve.

Last edited:
Fancea at LG will help D'Brick and Mangold, Brick has been average at best but Mangold is a nice player getting better.

Also, Harris and Revis, their top tackler and CB, are both in their 2nd years, and could improve. In that over/unders thread their number I think was 6 or 6.5 and I thought that was a good over play.

Sorry, I meant LG for Faneca. It was just a typo. I did say the right side of the jets line is still a mess.

Playing the over on 6.5 wins doesn't mean they will be a playoff contender with Favre though.

This, however, I agree with you 100% on. That they are pursuing him can't help matters confidence in regards to Pennington or Clemens anyway. Doesn't matter if they ever get into negotiations.

I think the Jets would have to give up a 2, which I guess if he played x number of games, or threw so many TDs or the Jets won so many games, whatever those numbers are, that it could get bumped up to a 1.

It would be great that if a Favre trade for the Jets works out almost as well as the Dolphins' trade for Ricky Williams. Major upgrade at the position and not make the playoffs making them lose the maximum draft pick in a conditional draft pick scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
Back