PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets seek permission to talk to Favre

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL

if the Jets give up a draft pick to sign a 40 year old quarterback i will laugh and laugh and laugh and laugh.

IMO, Lord Farve's ego would tear that team apart. He's been use to being treated like a god in GB. I once liked the guy but now he's a prima donna all set up for a great big fall. And the best part is he will be taking the Jest and their draft choice down the hopper with him.

It doesn't get any better that.:rocker:

how about goodell getting involved and suddenly the jets showing interest.?

IMO, Lord Farve's ego would tear that team apart. He's been use to being treated like a god in GB. I once liked the guy but now he's a prima donna all set up for a great big fall. And the best part is he will be taking the Jest and their draft choice down the hopper with him.

Can you imagine the NY Headlines after he throws a few picks and gets chunked by some team.

He ain't no Montana.

Well, I don't know about the title of this thread. The article said the Jets received permission. It did not say they asked for it.

The Pack called a crapload of teams. My guess is that in that conversation the Pack gave the Jests permission, and then leaked it because the only team to express ANY intgerest were the Bucs.

With only one team interested, they would be lucky for a sixth rounder. With two teams they might get a fourth rounder.

But Mangini (wisely) said that he was happy with his QBs. Also, he is a disciple of Belichick, who cut Bernie Kosar for drawing up his own plays.

Favre's act would work in place like Indy where Manning is the real OC, but wouldn't cut it with teams running a staff-controlled offense.

My guess: Favre to Tampa Bay (or the Ravens who are the best AFC use of him) for a 2009 fourth round pick.

Laveranues Coles isn't a speed threat. He's more of a possesion guy.

Jerricho Cotchery, on the other hand, might be what Favre needs.

LMAO. Coles is one of the faster receivers in the league. The only reason he's a "posession guy" is because neither QB on the Jets can throw the ball past 30 yards.

LMAO. Coles is one of the faster receivers in the league. The only reason he's a "posession guy" is because neither QB on the Jets can throw the ball past 30 yards.

Reminds me of Spinal Tap when the manager said the Boston gig was cancelled, but not to worry because Boston's "not a big college town".:D

Coles is on record for running a 4.16 40 yard dash. One of the fastest times in NFL history.

How can it possibly be acceptable for a commissioner to intervene in a teams dealings with a player when said team has played totally by the rules and done nothing wrong?

Does it not reek of conflict of interest when the same commissioner seems to have become instrumental in brokering a deal that lands the celebrated player on the team he used to be associated with and admittedly cheers for??

Personally, although I think it is, as said, just a ploy to drive up the price TB has to pay - I would love to see it happen.

To see BB knock Favre to the ground multiple times with this years "D" (which I think is going to be awesome) would be wonderful to witness. I have hated Favre since his SB XXXI days when a returner and a hall of fame "D" lineman saved his ass (no to mention a turncoat coach that had checked out b4 the game as he choked on his groceries).

Favre a Jet - what a joke by the green bleeding notsoGoodell.

Last edited:

Favre would have to play 2 years to make it worth their while.
That would end Pennington's career as a starter without a competition (he'll be thrilled).
That would set back Clemens career path significantly (he'll be a FA with no meaningful experience when Favre is done).

The Jets have made investments to make a significant jump in the standings in the next year or two. Adding Favre would give the Jets a 2-year window to win a championship since they would be starting over with a new QB when Favre retires. Mangini may be going "all in", but I don't think the Jets are one Favre away from a title.

if he goes to the jets imagine how many 'analysts' will flip to make the jets favorite in the division ...

They've got the targets for him to throw too.

They've being us and targets being cornerbacks and safeties.

Seriously, even with Brett Favre they will still stink, they are the Jets, lets be real. Brett is an interception waiting to happen, I would love to see him toss a few to Bruschi and Vrabel in clutch moments, in fact, if the trade happens, I am counting on it.

Reminds me of Spinal Tap when the manager said the Boston gig was cancelled, but not to worry because Boston's "not a big college town".:D

Coles is on record for running a 4.16 40 yard dash. One of the fastest times in NFL history.

Sorry, but Jerricho Cotchery is the faster of the two of them. Just because he may have ran that in 2000 doesn't really translate to now.

Im glad that most of us are in agreement that we want Favre in Jet green. Some say he cant mix w/ Mangini's big ego but I ask when the hell did we decide mangini had a big ego? He already has cut down on practice times to a) keep his players fresh and b) show s softer side to some of his players. Put Favre on this team they win 10 games barring injuries. The offense has some talented skill players and an unknown in Dustin Keller who could be a vertical threat, the defense has massive potential but it will take time to gel. Im not sure why any of you would want to see a divison team get significantly better.

Last edited:
If I was in charge of Green Bay, I'd trade Rogers right now, right this second and get whatever high value I could. the kid is a choke job away from being a mental midget at this point having to sit behind Favre all these 3 years. Or has it been longer? Anyway, I'd dump him and bring back the Legend. the Fans of Green bay will forgive you for bring back their man and fail to win it all, but will not forgive you for sending him to the NY Jets, ever. That would be horrible for the Franchise. They should get whatever they can for Rogers right now and bring back the "hero" that the fans love.

That's my two cents. Oh, and Favre would hate playing in Jersey. Its a hole and the fans turn on you as soon as you make one mistake. the "go back to Green bay" signs would be out if the Jets started with a losing season by week 6.

Last edited:
With only one team interested, they would be lucky for a sixth rounder.

ESPN is reporting right now the Packers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for Favre.

Come on Jets!

ESPN is reporting right now the Packers are seeking a 1st round pick in exchange for Favre.

Come on Jets!

michael smith is already saying no one will meet that price. I would give up a 3rd n 5th or a performance based 2nd.

Last edited:
Farve wont go to the Jets hes not goin to a division with the Pats in it no way in hell. He doesnt want to contend for a wildcard spot at this point of his career. I gotta say though it would be fun watchin the Pats abuse him twice a year.

Im glad that most of us are in agreement that we want Favre in Jet green. Some say he cant mix w/ Mangini's big ego but I ask when the hell did we decide mangini had a big ego? He already has cut down on practice times to a) keep his players fresh and b) show s softer side to some of his players. Put Favre on this team they win 10 games barring injuries. The offense has some talented skill players and an unknown in Dustin Keller who could be a vertical threat, the defense has massive potential but it will take time to gel. Im not sure why any of you would want to see a divison team get significantly better.

Me either. But I guess it's the same thing as "Gholston sucks but we wanted him before the draft" and "we reaped praise on Asante last year but now that he's with the Eagles, he's useless and can't hit".

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News