PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets: Santonio Holmes possibly done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The money is irrelevant, so take your class envy someplace more appropriate, please, like the political forum.

The opinion he expressed was still neutral -whatever the reason.. and certainly more "appropriate" than the posters who express actual enjoyment from a player being injured.

And I'm sorry, but what you snub off as class envy IS a relevant topic of discussion for the NFL and its players.

For example: I don't have a lot of sympathy for mega millionaire owners putting us through a root-canal of a lockout just so they can save a few thousand dollars.

There is nothing good about celebrating an injury... even to a Jets player.

Does that include Cromartie? Bart Scott? :confused: OK, but if either of those two gets their jaw broken, I'm taking myself out for a beer. :singing:

Last edited:
The opinion he expressed was still neutral -whatever the reason.. and certainly more "appropriate" than the posters who express actual enjoyment from a player being injured.

And I'm sorry, but what you snub off as class envy IS a relevant topic of discussion for the NFL and its players.

For example: I don't have a lot of sympathy for mega millionaire owners putting us through a root-canal of a lockout just so they can save a few thousand dollars.

Lockout over money and the like = 1 thing, and money is obviously relevant

injury = something completely different, and not something for which the money is relevant

What that poster wrote was nothing but pure and callous class envy.

It has nothing to do with class envy, but if I was making 7.5 million a year and sitting on my couch watching tv and rehabing my knee for that much would you really feel sorry for me? No, and if you did you would be wasting your time. So if you are going to waste your time feeling sorry for people at least spend it on those who deserve it hot shot. Let's all put the pretend pity card aside and tell it like it really is.

I'm not a fan of Holmes, but I don't want to see him miss the season due to injury.

It has nothing to do with class envy, but if I was making 7.5 million a year and sitting on my couch watching tv and rehabing my knee for that much would you really feel sorry for me? No, and if you did you would be wasting your time. So if you are going to waste your time feeling sorry for people at least spend it on those who deserve it hot shot. Let's all put the pretend pity card aside and tell it like it really is.

Dues Irae in another difference of opinion?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

There's nothing pretend about it. A shattered knee/foot/hip/arm/etc... doesn't give a rat's ass how much money its 'owner' is making.

Does that include Cromartie? Bart Scott? :confused: OK, but if either of those two gets their jaw broken, I'm taking myself out for a beer. :singing:
Unfortunately yes. It's one of my idiosyncrasies Tune.

Part of the appeal of keeping all these guys healthy is;

1. There are no excuses when the Patriots beat them,
2. Their complete and utter embarrassment on the football field, &
3. Personal enjoyment derived from points 1 and 2.

Now that said, I still can't wish injury upon anyone on a sporting field.

Last edited:
what's wrong with pretend???

why, just look at this thread...I pretended ,earlier in the thread, that I didn't care about Holmes, ...in actuality,I have no pretenses...I do NOT give a crap one way or the other about the trials and tribulations of that prima donna graduate of the Terrel Owens School Of Narcissism....he may as well be Sherlock Holmes for all I care.

Last edited:
Lockout over money and the like = 1 thing, and money is obviously relevant

injury = something completely different, and not something for which the money is relevant

What that poster wrote was nothing but pure and callous class envy.

I'm not seeing it Deus.

It is only natural to gauge your reaction to another's misfortunes based on - in part - on how badly that misfortune is going to affect their lives and the lives of those around them.

Between this and next year, Santonio Holmes will have earned 15 million dollars whether he steps foot on the field again for the Jets or not.

Holmes life is going to be much less interrupted and endangered than Jack the Carpenter earning 45,000, a truck payment, three kids, a wife, under water in his mortgage and living paycheck to paycheck.

Maybe if you want to boil away the essence of our humanity you might label the "unfairness" of our reactions as "pure class envy"...

... but its anything but "callous".

BTW, I wonder if the Jets will waste yet another roster spot on Holmes just in case they make it to the Super Bowl. I mean if there is a 0.0002% chance Revis could play in the Super Bowl, there might be a 0.00000002% chance Holmes could play too.

I mean only 51 players count towards the cap. So the Jets can go the season with a 51 man roster since they have an excellent shot at going to the Super Bowl. They would be foolish to IR both Holmes and Revis with the potential of them being back for the Super Bowl.

Rob: that rule only applies during the offseason. After final cutdowns, every player on the payroll—including PS and IR players—counts towards the cap.

Last edited:
I'm not celebrating but there is something poetic about it. Maybe he will be humbled a little.
I'm not glad she got in the accident officer, I'm just enjoying the poetic justice of the self centered bichh getting humbled.

Last edited:
Neutral? Haha, that's funny. What is a neutral opinion that feels satisfaction to see somebody "humbled"?

There is nothing good about celebrating an injury... even to a Jets player.

Well we won't have to see him do the airplane celebration or his first down signal after every meaningless catch of his. That's worth celebrating, IMO!!

Well we won't have to see him do the airplane celebration or his first down signal after every meaningless catch of his. That's worth celebrating, IMO!!
I would have preferred to see Holmes playing and held without a catch.

Unfortunately yes. It's one of my idiosyncrasies Tune.

Part of the appeal of keeping all these guys healthy is;

1. There are no excuses when the Patriots beat them,
2. Their complete and utter embarrassment on the football field, &
3. Personal enjoyment derived from points 1 and 2.

Now that said, I still can't wish injury upon anyone on a sporting field.

(Psst. I was just being facetious. ;))

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft