PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets: Santonio Holmes possibly done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be prepared for the the Jet fan whine about losing their 2 top players due to injuries. What they don't understand is that the Jets have just gone through an almost unprecedented stretch of about 4 years where they had remarkably few injuries to key starters. IIRC they went through 3 complete seasons before losing Woody at the very end of the 2010 season, without the loss of a single offensive lineman. You can count on one hand the the games Revis and Cromartie have missed before this year.

Between the relative lack of injuries and other fortuitous events like teams giving the Jets games at the end of the season, and teams missing FGs and dropping picks, etc. The Jets recent stretch of relative success has been built on more image than substance. Their rapid decline back to embarrassment has been hastened by that swing of the "luck" pendulum.

The cries of Jet fans proclaiming Rex's coaching greatness are now but dying echoes in the marble halls of Jet Nation. Most of us saw past the bravado and saw the flaws in him that are becoming so clear to even Jet fans now. The poor personnel decisions. The lack of accountability, The failure to coach the entire team. All the noise without any substance. They were all there to see. Rex' message is always going to be one with a short life span. He simply just wrote too many checks that he asked his players to cash, and never gave them the long term funds to cover them.

Personally I'll miss him. He was so likeable yet so easy to hate. Still I have at least the rest of this season to watch him squirm in, and if I'm lucky he'll be dragging the Jets down for another season.

This is just soooo good.,

What's simultaneously hilarious is that his once vaunted brother Rob Ryan, Dallas Cows DC, is now under serious criticism as to not getting the job done there as well.

Last edited:
I'd rather have him be healthy and have to suffer through what will surely be a miserable season than have him go on IR. If he isn't around who is going to be the catalyst for the implosion?

Neutral? Haha, that's funny. What is a neutral opinion that feels satisfaction to see somebody "humbled"?

My post and reply was to Deus who was commenting on the callous class envy of the poster who wrote the following.

I don't feel bad for players who get injuries who are making millions, sorry, I don't. I do feel for the troops who are away from their families for long periods of time for crappy pay and who get wounded, I do feel for them.

Nothing in what he wrote expresses any satisfaction in seeing someone "humbled" nor does he take any pleasure in the fact that they are injured.

Hence: neutral opinion.

The Jets built their roster around a small number of top players, at the expense of quality depth. It was a risky move, and while we saw the benefits of that philosophy when everyone was healthy and they were doing well, we now see the drawbacks as their top players get injured and the backups pretty much stink.

Cromartie .....

"I'm currently the best cornerback and wide receiver on the team."

He's at least half right. Hell, he's currently the best cornerback in the AFCE.

As for the best receiver, would you really rule that out now that Holmes is done for the year?

As it was with Revis, it's unfortunate for the player and you hope they recover and return to the game.

For the Jets fans though, just more karma smacking them in the face. THAT is certainly worth celebrating. :rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes