PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets: Santonio Holmes possibly done for season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was just wondering......

I only saw the video of the injury once and wasn't watching for it; but....

how much (if any) of the bad placement of the foot that caused the injury do you think can be ascribed to the Sanchize's bad placement of the ball on his throw and Holmes having to compensate to turn upfield?

When I was watching replay of our game and listening to the announcers gush over TBs placement on a couple of the throws in the Bills game - it just struck me again how lucky the team is. Not sure TB would have thrown the balls (or at least not how they were thrown) that get a Bill JACKED-UP by VW or a jester out for the season like Holmes.

There is nothing good about celebrating an injury... even to a Jets player.

I wasn't celebrating.... neccessarily. I just said it just keeps getting better.... with the Jets imploding each every year. I don't like Santonio at all but I would never sit here and wish for injury.

It happened on its own. Not my fault.

So with news of Holmes possibly out for this year, Jets release WR Patrick Turner and sign RB/FB Lex Hilliard, Yup that sounds about right.

Well those 2 games just got a whole lot easier. As much as Santonio failed to play up to that contract, after him they have next to nothing at WR.

Even in 2009 and 2010, the Jets were a top-heavy veteran team with little to no depth. A couple of years and a couple of bad financial decisions later and injuries later, that absolute lack of depth is showing. I don't celebrate too many injuries unless the player is a total scumbag (which, in this case, Holmes is a scumbag but not a TOTAL scumbag), so I'll go ahead and wish Holmes a good recovery.

Even in 2009 and 2010, the Jets were a top-heavy veteran team with little to no depth. A couple of years and a couple of bad financial decisions later and injuries later, that absolute lack of depth is showing.

Yes, for a couple of years they dodged the depth issue created in part by trading away multiple draft picks to get a few established vets all the time, but it had to catch up.

They have never paid nearly as much attention /invested in players (45-53 + practice squad) as we do.

Last edited:
With this rash of injuries, Shanchize's deteriorating play (just beginning in my view as he loses any confidence) and lack of talent and depth, the Jets will have a high Top Ten draft pick plus the 30 somethingish 2nd pick. I just hate seeing good college athletes going to the Jets. Then again, their Top Ten selections haven't been very good, have they? But maybe it's blind squirrel time.

Holmes guaranteed $7.5M for 2013. So, even if he comes back less than 100%, he's not going to be cut. Gotta love the Jets front office.

This is bad news for us.

The more often that the Jets have games with Santonio at least on the sidelines the more of the obvious toxicity he brings to the team will permeate through the rest of the team.

This is addition by subtraction for the Jets and if Santonio leaves and Tebow the more chances there are the Jets pull a Broncos from last year.

This is bad news for us.

The more often that the Jets have games with Santonio at least on the sidelines the more of the obvious toxicity he brings to the team will permeate through the rest of the team.

This is addition by subtraction for the Jets and if Santonio leaves and Tebow the more chances there are the Jets pull a Broncos from last year.

Thinking about the last two games the Pats had against Tebow, somehow I can't bring myself to panic.

With this rash of injuries, Shanchize's deteriorating play (just beginning in my view as he loses any confidence) and lack of talent and depth, the Jets will have a high Top Ten draft pick plus the 30 somethingish 2nd pick. I just hate seeing good college athletes going to the Jets. Then again, their Top Ten selections haven't been very good, have they? But maybe it's blind squirrel time.

Problem is this blind squirrel seems to be mentally handicapped, and there's a good chance that even if it finds the nut it'll get confused, eat its own feces, and then crap/puke them on the nut.

Holmes' season and career are most likely over - he separated one or more of his toes from the main foot bones. Lisfranc is a life-changing injury/condition. He may never be able to push off on that foot again.

So that leaves the Jets with Stephen Hill, Jeremy Kerly, Chaz Schilens and Clyde Gates at wide receiver.

Who?!?

Mike Tannenbaum has built a team with the least depth of any in the NFL. It's only Week 4 and the Jets are into their backup's backup in the defensive backfield and wide receiver.

This is after they brought in Tim Tebow and extended Mark Sanchez and increased his 2012 cap hit. You look at the cap hits of guys who are mediocrities or at the end of the line and you have to appreciate how Belichick and Caserio stick to a very disciplined budget by position.

We may hate it some times but the Pats hold the line on guys who have been great Patriots, but who reach the end of the line and just aren't worth the years/money they can get elsewhere.

Last edited:
This is bad news for us.

I'm terrified.

Reports are that they are going to bring in Jason Hill, who's been around since 2007 and has 76 career receptions.

Sanchez' problems are solved!

Reports are that they are going to bring in Jason Hill, who's been around since 2007 and has 76 career receptions.

Well Tanny is kind of limited in his options. He can only sign a player who was written up in Mel Kiper's guide.

This is bad news for us.

I hear you, but realistically that went out the window with Revis' ACL.

Be prepared for the the Jet fan whine about losing their 2 top players due to injuries. What they don't understand is that the Jets have just gone through an almost unprecedented stretch of about 4 years where they had remarkably few injuries to key starters. IIRC they went through 3 complete seasons before losing Woody at the very end of the 2010 season, without the loss of a single offensive lineman. You can count on one hand the the games Revis and Cromartie have missed before this year.

Between the relative lack of injuries and other fortuitous events like teams giving the Jets games at the end of the season, and teams missing FGs and dropping picks, etc. The Jets recent stretch of relative success has been built on more image than substance. Their rapid decline back to embarrassment has been hastened by that swing of the "luck" pendulum.

The cries of Jet fans proclaiming Rex's coaching greatness are now but dying echoes in the marble halls of Jet Nation. Most of us saw past the bravado and saw the flaws in him that are becoming so clear to even Jet fans now. The poor personnel decisions. The lack of accountability, The failure to coach the entire team. All the noise without any substance. They were all there to see. Rex' message is always going to be one with a short life span. He simply just wrote too many checks that he asked his players to cash, and never gave them the long term funds to cover them.

Personally I'll miss him. He was so likeable yet so easy to hate. Still I have at least the rest of this season to watch him squirm in, and if I'm lucky he'll be dragging the Jets down for another season.

This is just soooo good.,

Laugh away you guys.

Jets will bring in WR extroadinaire Jeremy Ebert the 7th rounder we cut and many here lamented we didn't sign for the PS.
Season saved!

Can signing a soldier at TE be far behind?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back