PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets re-sign Cromartie

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where Rex's "my players are fantastic" comes back to haunt him. If you spend the season bragging about your players, it weakens your negotiating position in the off season. How can they give Cromagnon anything less than top CB dollar when they spent the season talking about how great he is?

This is where Rex's "my players are fantastic" comes back to haunt him. If you spend the season bragging about your players, it weakens your negotiating position in the off season. How can they give Cromagnon anything less than top CB dollar when they spent the season talking about how great he is?

Not to mention spent the first week of FA making a fool out of yourself persuing someone better who was just using you to get to a team he believes is a SB contender...LOL Believe me, that added at least a million per to what they've had to pay to re-sign Cromartie. Same deal with Santonio - agent spin about $$ left on the table aside... And the $3M 34 year old felon WR they recruited sight unseen by phone. Rex is the master of creating scenarios where the tail wags the dog. The dog will eventually inadvertently bite itself in the ass in persuit...

I am happy they got Cromartie over Asomugha. Cromartie is a liability against route running WRs. Definitely a good thing he will be covering Branch. With OchoCinco on board, the Jets cannot do what they did in the playoffs (extra DBs in mostly zone and playing the safeties in the midrage). They will need to put Cromartie on Branch and/or Welker. And let's not forget Cromartie was playing for a contract last year and has had issues with effort in the past.

Cromartie holds wayyyy too much to get paid 8 M a year. Geezz :p

Last edited:
8 million x 4 years baaahahahaha

\Cromartie only worries me as a KR or P R

Nnhadami chose the right team in Philly:) TY

How much cap room are the left with ? Have they signed all their FAs / Rookies yet ?

Not to mention spent the first week of FA making a fool out of yourself persuing someone better who was just using you to get to a team he believes is a SB contender...LOL Believe me, that added at least a million per to what they've had to pay to re-sign Cromartie. Same deal with Santonio - agent spin about $$ left on the table aside... And the $3M 34 year old felon WR they recruited sight unseen by phone. Rex is the master of creating scenarios where the tail wags the dog. The dog will eventually inadvertently bite itself in the ass in persuit...

Also, Cromagnum man was the last CB on the market thats decent. If CroMag said no to the Jets, they were screwed. They had to pay up and like it.

Whats really funny is that Rex was ready to ditch Cromag after 1 season and after wasting a 2nd round pick on him. Just how good was his play last season? I can tell you one thing, Cromag hates contact.

It also needs mentioning that Kyle Wilson isnt the player that some Jets fans think he is.

guys but 1/2 of all that will go to his ex-wives and children plus women that had his kids out of wedlock

They can thank the NYJ's for the $$$

I know I am:rocker:

Last edited:
How much is 8 million per season divided by 10 baby Mommas?

They just paid out 8m per year for Cromartie and 3m per year for Buress. How much cap room can they have left??

New York Jets Salary Cap has them at around $8.5M as of July 29, before the Burress and Cromartie signings. So depending on the details, they have to be pretty close to maxed-out by now.

He was really getting tense during the negotiations.

So he went out and knocked up another woman.

i heard that cromartie told the jets he wanted to go to a team closer to his family. that left about half the league.

New York Jets Salary Cap has them at around $8.5M as of July 29, before the Burress and Cromartie signings. So depending on the details, they have to be pretty close to maxed-out by now.

Teams don't have to be under the cap right now. They have until the start of the league year (reportedly Aug 4th) to be compliant.

That doesnt include Holmes either

Teams don't have to be under the cap right now. They have until the start of the league year (reportedly Aug 4th) to be compliant.

It was starting to sound like Bart Scott might be willing to restructure, and they still have David Harris to work out a deal. Outside of trades, they might target a safety on the market--a tier 2 player at best. Jarad Page??

Does anyone else see Cromartie taking it easier this year? He might not work as hard now that he's out of the contract year. I guess if he has incentives and less guaranteed money, then that can motivate him, but I get the sense that he won't be playing as hard. In contrast, I think Holmes will play about the same. Maybe when he cuts across the middle of the field into traffic he might pull up a bit more, but I'm going to guess he shows no noticeable difference.

Page would be a good pickup for the Jets. A larger safety added to their depleted corps. I'd hate to see it though. I think BB is waiting for Mankins and FA to near end with a more accurate reading on team cap before re-signing Page.

Apparently LaClassian had to agree to a haircut to help out... His salary drops from $2.4M to $1.1M...

As more guys get squeezed to overpay Tannenbaum's plays, Tubby's one for all and all for one bs is going to start grating. I hear he's already named Sanchise a Captain for just offering to do a simple restructure...which they will probably yet have to take him up on to balance the books for 8/4. They still have a boatload of minimum salary players in their top 51, so depth will remain an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft