PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets QB Geno Smith fires agents because he wasn't drafted 1st overall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt say Pats Love needs to be in this thread... i'm saying the HATE exceeds that Love.

This whole thread is based on a LIE. Nobody bothers to check the actual interview or story. So you have 5 pages of anger and put-downs which have no basis in reality. Lynch him, and ask questions later. BB wd hate this s--t.

There's a board called GangGreen where you can talk about how Geno isn't a cry baby.

Some Jets fan called him Vageno. :p

Another quipped "If I got drafted by the Jets, Id fire my agent too"

Who needs the comedy channel.

Yes, there has been a smooth transition in jests suckatude, from Lil'Marky to baby Geno. When Geno crashes the shadenfruende will be even greater.

I think we should officially change his name to Gee-No.

Wrecks: "You stupid %@$#!!! Stop throwing interceptions! You want me to bench your sorry ass?!"

Smith: "Gee ... No."

I think we should officially change his name to Gee-No.

Wrecks: "You stupid %@$#!!! Stop throwing interceptions! You want me to bench your sorry ass?!"

Smith: "Gee ... No."

On-field issues are bigger concern than work ethic for Geno Smith | ProFootballTalk

The pre-draft book on Gee-No was filled with red flags. He fumbles a lot, has no feel for the pocket, and misses guys open down field (Santonio Holmes is going to love that). On top of that he "isn't a student of the game" and lacks consistency.

John Morgan got it right. Directly from the NY Daily News:

"Four days after Geno Smith slid out of the first round of the draft, the former West Virginia quarterback fired his agents due to his displeasure over his draft position, according to sources.

The Daily News has learned that Smith thought that he would and should be the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. Sources told the News that Smith’s agents from Select Sports Group gave him no assurance of his draft position."

Jets quarterback Geno Smith fires agents after sliding out of the first round of the NFL draft | New York Daily News

The New York Jets go from ButtFumble to ButtHead.

hopefully he is Buttfumble version 2 :)

The Daily News and the Post should pay Smith's salary because he is going to be on the back cover a lot.

"His biggest problem is that he doesn't know what he doesn't know," said a league executive, who spent extensive time assessing Smith before the draft. "I'm not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn't listen or talk to our coaches …

"He doesn't have much presence, not much of a leader," said another league executive, who spent a great deal of time studying Smith before the draft. "I don't think he's a bad person, but that's not enough to be a quarterback in this league."
Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities.
"All these other players who were in there were talking to the coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself," one of the sources said. "That's not what you want out of your quarterback."

Y! SPORTS

THe same Yahoo article stated that Buffalo's QB pick had the leadership package and was attentive to coaches' input.

More quotes from the Jason Cole Yahoo article.

Geno Smith's firing of agents, pre-draft options shed light on why QB may have dropped

"His biggest problem is that he doesn't know what he doesn't know," said a league executive, who spent extensive time assessing Smith before the draft. "I'm not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn't listen or talk to our coaches … he's talented. He can sling it, he can fit it into tight spots, he can do a lot of things and I think he wants to be good. But you can't tell him anything right now. He's tuned out because he thinks he's got it all down."​

"Not only did we tell him that what transpired on the first day of the draft was possible, the question of whether Geno would be a first- or second-round pick was arguably the most talked about subject in the three months leading up to the draft. We wish Geno the best."​

"He doesn't have much presence, not much of a leader," said another league executive, who spent a great deal of time studying Smith before the draft. "I don't think he's a bad person, but that's not enough to be a quarterback in this league."

Two sources indicated that when Smith went on some visits to teams, rather than interact with coaches and front-office people, he would spend much of his time on his cell phone. Instead of being engaged with team officials, he would be texting friends or reading Twitter or a number of other distracting activities.

"All these other players who were in there were talking to the coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself," one of the sources said. "That's not what you want out of your quarterback."​

"Right now, he's blaming everybody but himself and he has some buddies around him who are telling him that same thing,"​

I'm not sure if I believe this as, to me, it would border on insanity on Smith's part if it were true.

When ProFootball Weekly's Nawrocki had the courage or daring to publish similar comments BEFORE the draft -- every1 on TV from that pretty boy Daniel Jeremiah to Mike Florio (the biggest know-nothing shill who NBC has chosen to make into a TV personality) came to Smith's defense and took Nawrocki to task. Note none of Jason Cole's sources are named -- all are GMs of NFL teams or scouts. That's how these guys roll. But just because they are anonymous does not mean they are wrong.

Nawrocki was right. Shame on you Jeremiah and Florio. The reason why Cole's report is now not disputed by these shills is that evidence is compelling on how poorly Smith deals with adversity and how easily he externalizes blame on every1 but himself. Let's see Jeremiah and Florio apologize to Nawrocki.

I'm not sure if I believe this as, to me, it would border on insanity on Smith's part if it were true.

I believe it. It's certainly consistent with much of what we've heard about this guy. He's another Jets Trojan horse.

Man this could be bad news for us he might be on his phone instead of listening to the terrible coaching staff down there. Might make him a better player!

I don't know whether Geno, his agent or both are idiots.

I would probably have told him NOT to say what he did, but I have to admit that I do like a QB with the attitude that he should have been number one and isn't afraid to just come out and say it.

Believe me, the Tabloids down here will hold him far more accountable for that boast than any of us on this Board ever will! They'll eat him alive if/when he doesn't play like a Number 1.

I don't know whether Geno, his agent or both are idiots.

I would probably have told him NOT to say what he did, but I have to admit that I do like a QB with the attitude that he should have been number one and isn't afraid to just come out and say it.

Believe me, the Tabloids down here will hold him far more accountable for that boast than any of us on this Board ever will! They'll eat him alive if/when he doesn't play like a Number 1.
From what ive read this week this guy is going to have a short shelf life. Those reporters in NY are going to be on him like a pack of Piranhas. If he doesn't start hes going to whine, and when he starts and screws up just slightly they'll be on him. From then on it will snow ball. I wouldn't be shocked if his career is just a couple of years because of him acting like a whinny petchulent child.

From what ive read this week this guy is going to have a short shelf life. Those reporters in NY are going to be on him like a pack of Piranhas. If he doesn't start hes going to whine, and when he starts and screws up just slightly they'll be on him. From then on it will snow ball. I wouldn't be shocked if his career is just a couple of years because of him acting like a whinny petchulent child.

The Circus just added another tent. The Jests just don't add "rings" to their show, they add whole new tents. But, I guess the Tebow tent is vacant and the Ryan tent is a lot smaller than it used to be. Don't worry, though, the Sanchez tent is open for business and looks like it's gonna be a hoot!

Somebody should have told this guy to zip his lip and limit his comments to finding a dozen different ways to say "Aw shucks, I'm just all happy and teary-eyed even to have been drafted anywhere let alone by a great team like [fill in the blank] and an owner like [other blank] and to get the chance to play for such a great Coach." Instead, he got into a convoluted discussion of his feelings and expectations and agents. Right now, those agents are bigger than him and they will make him regret how bad they were made to look in the media.

Unless he gets some good advice fast, he's going to be back page fodder by September. We might never know if he could have made it if he hadn't been surrounded by distractions.

They pissed away five years on Sanchez. This guy is probably good for at least three more wasted seasons.

Awww. Ain't it too bad?

Things just keep getting worse for new yorkers. First Geno gets exposed for being a douche now the knicks are falling apart before our eyes. Kinda feel bad for them oh wait a minute no I don't.

To be fair to Geno, if his agent told him that he'd go first overall, then the guy's either a liar or a complete ******* idiot, and both are fireable offenses in my book.

OTOH, Geno is clearly also an idiot.

No sports agent is going to downplay a potential client's talent when trying to sign on as their agent. Once the agent was signed (by telling GS what he wanted to hear) he had to maintain the delusion by fluffing him.

As someone brilliantly pointed out earlier in this thread GS is the perfect Jet.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes