PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets Jim Leonhard whines about playing 2 games in 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they can get the Commissioner to move the game to Sunday at he Meadowlands and hire Jets' fans to officiate. :rolleyes:

Maybe they can get the Commissioner to move the game to Sunday at he Meadowlands and hire Jets' fans to officiate. :rolleyes:

Mmm .. .they tried that last week. :D

The Thursday night game is dumb. I understand the NFL network uses it to prop up its network so fine. But, the matchup is usually week, and the production value is usually bad. Even this week, if the Jets can't beat a team that completely 2 passes, than we really are in a good spot. But these guys bodies are not meant to be doing what they do in 3 days. Its ok on Thankgiving and I do love the 8PM game which is becoming consistently the best matchup on the board. But, overall it sux. In the day when College Football actually ended on week 14 of the NFL they used to move some games to Saturday. I would much prefer that.

Sounds like hes been hanging out with the 2011 Red Sox. Poor baby.

Every team has scheduling snafus from time to time. It is the way it happened. Remember about 5 years ago the Pats had back to back West Coast games.

Yes, the Jets don't have the most optimum schedule this week with SNF followed by a Thursday night game, but going into the season people expected the Broncos to suck. Now the Jets have extra time to prepare for a big division rivalry game against Buffalo which may be a crucial game for their Wild Card chances since if the Bill rebound they could be a contender for one of the Wild Card spots. The Bills game is far more important to the Jets than the Broncos' game. Then again at 5-4, they can't afford to lose too many games no matter who the opponent is.

I hear ya, but i have never seen a SNF followed by a TNF game . . . when one only has 4 days, a half day means a lot (1 pm game versus an 830 pm game) . . . true they have more time for the Bills, but they would get that on any TNF game . . . so they get lucky with 10 days against the Bills, but they should still get the "full" four days against the Broncos, expecially if they are the ones that are traveling . . .

other than a MFN/TNF set up, there is noting worse than a SNF then away 2/3 across county for TNF, other that the full cross country or two away games . . .

as for some ones points about the west coast trips, that is going to happen when you play the west teams, i think in 2008 we play both NFC and AFC wests dvisions, so we had SIX games against west coast teams and 2 midwest STL/KC), so we have 4 games, 1/4 of our season is out west, and it is kind of tough not to have back to back games . . .

Could be worse. They could have had a Monday night game and then the Thursday night...so...ummmm...... SHADDUP!

The Sunday/Thursday thing does suck and Sunday NIGHT/Thursday is even worse. The Schedulers should at least make sure the Thursday night teams get the early game the "week" before.

That said... players have to deal with it, and if they'd pasted the Pats then I doubt he'd be complaining.

As far as I can tell, a Sunday-Thursday combo has only happened one other time. In 2006 Denver played Sunday night and Thursday albeit both games were in the West.

The fact that it is in Denver is even more challenging for the Jets. I can't say whether or not I think it's fair. Let's just say I like watching the Jets lose, I'll leave it at that.......

Jets will win..but Leonhard sucks...so does eric smith..how is THAT guy in the NFL...gronk was making him his ***** all night

Of course, if the uniforms were reversed then the whining from this forum would be absolutely intolerable. I still remember how many people in here whined last year about the Patriots not having 2 consecutive home games, like that was some sort of huge hardship and the league was out to get us.

well...I'm paranoid ..AND schizophrenic...the league is out to get both of me

Jets' Jim Leonhard says quick turnaround to Denver 'ridiculous' - NFL - Sporting News

Oh,cry me a river :rolleyes:

What a whiny little ass this guy is,give me the money he makes and I will suit up and play tomorrow!

If they had beaten the Pats, it would have been different and them thinking they are world beaters and can win anytime and anywhere,now that they are just one game from possibly falling to .500,they feel outraged on a schedule they knew about since April.

I think the fact that the Pats beat them AND the Pats are one game up on them AND they have to play another game in 4 days 2,000 miles away while the Pats get more than a week off before a game at Foxboro has brought them to whine,tears and jealousy.

No matter how you feel about him as an imaginary QB,.....WE ARE ALL TIM TEBOW FANS THIS WEEK,!!!....GLORY HALLELUJAH!!

I'll be honest. I have felt that playing 2 games in 4-5 days is one of the things that causes players to get hurt. I also don't believe that the NFL is putting the best product on the field by having teams play on 3 days rest.

As part of the new contract, they should have stipulated that teams playing on a Thursday will be coming off a BYE. That way there is more time between their games. So, if a team was playing this Thursday, this past Sunday would have been their BYE week. I mentioned this during the whole CBA scheduling garbage when they were talking about 16 or 18 game schedules.

Every team has scheduling snafus from time to time. It is the way it happened. Remember about 5 years ago the Pats had back to back West Coast games.

Actually, the Pats played 4 West Coast games that year. 2 against the AFC West (Oakland/San Diego) and 2 against the NFC West (San Fran/Seattle). The Pats actually requested that the games be Back to Back to save wear and tear on the players. I believe that the Pats also helped families go out there to visit (helping to set up planes/hotels/etc)..

Yes, the Jets don't have the most optimum schedule this week with SNF followed by a Thursday night game, but going into the season people expected the Broncos to suck. Now the Jets have extra time to prepare for a big division rivalry game against Buffalo which may be a crucial game for their Wild Card chances since if the Bill rebound they could be a contender for one of the Wild Card spots. The Bills game is far more important to the Jets than the Broncos' game. Then again at 5-4, they can't afford to lose too many games no matter who the opponent is.

The Conference game is just as big as the divisional game with the Jets currently at a 4-4 record in the Conference. The Jets will need that Tie-Breaker to help get them into the play-offs.

They won't do that because it would interfere with HS and College Games.

Well, it already interferes with TNF for college football games. And the college games on Thursdays usually have better teams than the college games played on friday which is usually some non BCS conferences such as the WAC and Conference USA.

Well, it already interferes with TNF for college football games. And the college games on Thursdays usually have better teams than the college games played on friday which is usually some non BCS conferences such as the WAC and Conference USA.

It's about the ratings. I'd be willing to bet that the TV ratings for those college games is low in comparison to the NFL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back