PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerry Porter rumor... is this gonna happen???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jerry Porter a Pat?

What drives me nuts is people starting a new thread when there's a similar discussion on the exact same page...

Jerry Porter to Join Gabriel???

Is this going to happen or what??

man i heard he is fast, and i heard he likes to catch footballs.

and man i heard he doesn't like losing anymore.

man i heard that would be awesome for like a 4th round pick or something.

awesome.

DefenseRules said:
First of all...Welcome to the board!

But with all due respect, I will no longer be suckered by rumors like this. The Patriots never leak info like this. I got suckered by that Donnie Edwards rumor a few weeks ago. How did that turn out for us?:rolleyes:

I'm the one who posted the Edwards rumor as heard on SD sports radio. Frankly, the fact that one of their startings LBs was shot and almost died sort of voided any Edwards trade.

So it still could have happened you never know. :p

Re: Jerry Porter to Join Gabriel???

What was wrong with the other 14 threads on this?

Keegs said:
Is this going to happen or what??

man i heard he is fast, and i heard he likes to catch footballs.

and man i heard he doesn't like losing anymore.

man i heard that would be awesome for like a 4th round pick or something.

awesome.

I understand you're making a joke about all the Porter threads - but you still bumped another thread off the front page in doing it.

PromisedLand said:
What was wrong with the other 14 threads on this?
I have no idea I haven't fully inspected them yet. I'm sure ill find something wrong with each and every one of them though. You can count on that.

I just go on this site right now for today and thouht i would inform everyone on what i had heard.

I have a "source" that said the pats might be trading For Jerry Porter.

Keegs said:
I have a "source" that said the pats might be trading For Jerry Porter.
Yeah, your source is the patsfans.com message board :rolleyes:

Ugh, another Porter thread? C'mon, people...

Porter this...Porter that, so far no word as whether the Patriots are at all interested in him people say hes gonna be signed without any credible source. I'm sorry. I dont want a guy who cheers when his teams QB is getting sacked 7 times.

No problem guys. When discover insider information, i pass it along to everyone else.

That's just how i have always been.

I can't help it, I'm a humanist.

Kdo5 said:
Porter this...Porter that, so far no word as whether the Patriots are at all interested in him people say hes gonna be signed without any credible source. I'm sorry. I dont want a guy who cheers when his teams QB is getting sacked 7 times.
It shows he has a good sense of humor.:)

ok...haven't read thru every post on this thread but i'll chime in here. I think the Porter story from last night complete BS. I find it really hard to believe he would do something like. Is there a link to video of this...any witnesses? If so then fine but until then, with how everything is going in Oakland i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. And besides his fall from grace this year in Oakland, what has he done in the past that would question his character? Have their been other incidents? My only knowledge of him is that he's been a pretty solid fantasy reciever the last couple years.

stoirtaP said:
ok...haven't read thru every post on this thread but i'll chime in here. I think the Porter story from last night complete BS. I find it really hard to believe he would do something like. Is there a link to video of this...any witnesses? If so then fine but until then, with how everything is going in Oakland i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. And besides his fall from grace this year in Oakland, what has he done in the past that would question his character? Have their been other incidents? My only knowledge of him is that he's been a pretty solid fantasy reciever the last couple years.
Yeah we should just have the pats go out and trade for Neil Rackers because he was a solid fantasy contributor as well.

Come to think of it, the pats should also go trade for Lavreneus coles... he led all receivers of week 1 in receiving yards(fantasy wise, of course)

Then we can trade Gostkowski for Jeff Wilkins because i heard he had a brilliant week fantasy wise, kicking 6 field Goals!!! WOW!!

then what we can do is trade for Frank Gore. a couple rushing touchdowns... not bad frank not bad at all... why don't we just trade Gibroni for him?

After all, all of these guys played good fantasy wise

jesus Keegs, chill out...

point of my thread was i haven't seen or noticed anything negative about this guy until this year. I was curious if he has a history bc i don't know much about him. Sorry im in a fantasy league and noticed he's put up big numbers.

Did i even say i think the Patriots should trade for him?

Wow...deep breath big guy...everything will be ok.

stoirtaP said:
jesus Keegs, chill out...

point of my thread was i haven't seen or noticed anything negative about this guy until this year. I was curious if he has a history bc i don't know much about him. Sorry im in a fantasy league and noticed he's put up big numbers.

Did i even say i think the Patriots should trade for him?

Wow...deep breath big guy...everything will be ok.
ohh don't take it the wrong way im just bored.

You have to watch out for this "Digger44" guy tho.

that guy is a complete imbecile. I heard his appearence is so disgusting it has been known to make grown men cry. Also, his teeth are as sharp as needles. he resembles baraka from mortal kombat 2.

Keegs said:
Come to think of it, the pats should also go trade for Lavreneus coles... he led all receivers of week 1 in receiving yards(fantasy wise, of course)

Actually, Coles led all WRs in receving yards *reality* wise as well. :eyeroll:

BTW, why are you using the eternally lame "just bc he is on your fantasy team" attack regarding Porter?? He was hardly a fantasty darling last week as he watched the game inactive.

In fact he never really was. So not sure your point.

tombonneau said:
Actually, Coles led all WRs in receving yards *reality* wise as well. :eyeroll:

BTW, why are you using the eternally lame "just bc he is on your fantasy team" attack regarding Porter?? He was hardly a fantasty darling last week as he watched the game inactive.

In fact he never really was. So not sure your point.
My first point is a few messages up.

My 2nd point is that you should be quiet.

Good grief, what's with all the hand wringing? Do you really believe that every single guy in the Patriots locker is some kind of little angel?

Here's how I'd like to see it go - Wretched Caldwell and one of our number threes for Porter. That would be one sweet deal for the Pats; Tommy Boy would be singing "We Are The Champions" all the way to Logan to personally pick up Jerry P. If it doesn't work out I'm sure the Redskins would take him off our hands for a no. 2!!:D

Look at it this way- Branch (who wasn't going to play in NE until game 11), a number five, a number three and Wretched Caldwell for Gabriel, Porter and a number 1!! Such moves would be one of the greatest fleece jobs ever concocted in NFL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes