PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jerod Mayo suffers knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for everyone, but respectfully, I'm actually half disgusted having to look at that eyesore of a meme. I like the Fresh Prince picture though.

Agree.

I don't care how smart/stupid someone is. All the accolades in the world doesn't mean it's okay for someone to behave like a jackass.

All the best in recovery Mayo!

How did a thread about Mayo turn into one about Sherman and HGH testing?
Regarding Sherm, I really have no idea. Regarding GH, there's a reason all these players are coming back from injury so quickly. Properly administered the stuff really is a wonder drug with recovery. While all steroids are essentially a hack of your endocrine system that assists recovery, GH really doesn't have the negative side effects of say trenbolone. It just significantly assists in the body's ability to recover which is especially important to men over the age of 25. I know this won't be a popular opinion but in my mind if we ask men to endure a full NFL season plus playoffs with those types of collisions, we should be willing to allow them to take beneficial medicine.

I wonder if they would consider a trade.

It sounds like Akeem Ayers is in the dog house in Tennessee. I know OLB vs ILB, but we could make it work. He's a potential free agent after the season, so he may come cheap. Just an idea.

I wanted to keep dane fletcher. now I'm really disappointed we didn't keep him around. good energy and attitude. made some plays.

I think we'll se Pat Chung as a LB more often (he played there today after Mayo left)

Also, I'm really wondering if Browner can contribute there also. I know his biggest assest is disruption at the OL, but he may be able to hold his own when covering TE and RB.

I think we'll se Pat Chung as a LB more often (he played there today after Mayo left)

Also, I'm really wondering if Browner can contribute there also. I know his biggest assest is disruption at the OL, but he may be able to hold his own when covering TE and RB.

Jay, have you ever seen Browner's lower leg calves? They're toothpicks. As a LB he'd get blocked off his feet every running down.

Jay, have you ever seen Browner's lower leg calves? They're toothpicks. As a LB he'd get blocked off his feet every running down.

Give him 4 weeks in Steve King's "Calves Like Cantaloupes" workout program...

Curran reported that he talked to Mayo, and that it doesn't look good for a return this season.

Did he

Didn't he have a somewhat serious shoulder injury his rookie year. He sprained his MCL his second year and was never the same the rest of the year. Sprained his shoulder and missed 2 games in 2011, had his worst year as a pro. Ripped his pectoral muscle and missed 10 games last year, and if this is a torn ACL, that is one injury prone linebacker...
Look it up..

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MayoJe99.htm
2008 - Rookie - 16 games played
2009 - 2nd year - 13 games played (3 games missed)
2010 - 3rd year - 16 games played
2011 - 4th year - 14 games played (2 missed)
2012 - 5th year - 16 games played

I mis-counted. It was 5 games in 5 years prior to the pectoral tear.

Nothing you two have said has come close to supporting the idea that Mayo has played his last game as a Patriot. Particularly when you consider that the Torn Pec and the ACL fall into the catastrophic game injury category and not the off-field, screwing around category..

Curran reported that he talked to Mayo, and that it doesn't look good for a return this season.
jamesvanderbeek_0.gif

See http://www.patscap.com/mayo.html for information about Mayo's salary cap numbers.

in 2015 he is due 6,687,500 in new money
in 2016 7,787,500
in 2017 9,187,500

Pats will have a gross cap savings of $4,287,500 in 2015 be releasing Mayo before 6/2/2015. Net cap savings will be less since a player with a $435,000 salary would most likely take Mayo's place in the Top 51 list.
View attachment 7093

What about the 4.25M in guaranteed money that Mayo has for next season due to the option that was picked up? If he's cut due to a failed physical due to the knee injury, wouldn't that apply?

I've heard Sherman speak on multiple occasions - I truly don't believe he is even intelligent for a football player (football IQ notwithstanding). To expand on the subtle communications degree knock made by Supafly, it is considered one of the "easiest" post-secondary programs to take, even if it does make sense that a college athlete have a school/sport balance.

I can't speak for everyone, but respectfully, I'm actually half disgusted having to look at that eyesore of a meme. I like the Fresh Prince picture though.

How someone speaks doesn't necessarily correlate to their intelligence, southern drawl is a prime example of that. I've heard him speak plenty as well, sounds like he's from Compton with a Compton accent, which it seems you associate with unintelligible speech. To comment on how "easy" a Stanford communications degree is to acquire is missing the entire point of the meme, and @supafly's post as well.

Don't want to derail this thread so I won't be responding past this post. Hit my DM if you wanna discuss it further.

shame schiano no longer coaches tampa

maybe belichick could troll him for david. send him a 4th rounder!

How someone speaks doesn't necessarily correlate to their intelligence, southern drawl is a prime example of that. I've heard him speak plenty as well, sounds like he's from Compton with a Compton accent, which it seems you associate with unintelligible speech. To comment on how "easy" a Stanford communications degree is to acquire is missing the entire point of the meme, and @supafly's post as well.

Don't want to derail this thread so I won't be responding past this post. Hit my DM if you wanna discuss it further.
Sherman's intelligence isn't the question. He's plenty smart. It's the content of his character that sucks. (And that stupid meme makes him look like a Japanese donkey.)

Nothing in that meme is TRUE either, except that he was a Comm major and a member of the jock frat. It's an ignorant sig and should be removed.

This is the exact same time as last year Mayo got injured

Week 6, October 13th vs Saints
Week 6, October 12th vs Bills

This is the exact same time as last year Mayo got injured

Week 6, October 13th vs Saints
Week 6, October 12th vs Bills

So, from now on, Mayo sits out game 6!

I'm pretty depressed about Mayo. We are going to miss his run defense and his pure speed in man coverage. I almost freaked out when I saw Chris White in his place. He had a horrible preseason.

When I think about it, I'm surprised he hasn't been hurt more often considering how he constantly takes on blockers at his size. The dude is a warrior. Hoping for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST