PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jeesh! Just give them the Lombardi and call of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Colts (and especially Manning) deserve the credit they're getting. They're the champs and they just manhandled NO.

My only problem is the Addai love. I could run for 4 YPC in that offense. Edge went from HOF'er to awful by leaving that offense (going to AZ didn't help). I'm not saying he sucks nor that it's fair to totally discount him. I'm just saying that it's silly to ignore this.

As for Madden, this moment stuck out. A NO player was fighting for yards and gets hit hard. Madden starts talking about how he's got to catch the ball, get the first, and go down rather than get stood up and chance fumbling. The only problem was that he was short of the first down and was in the process of fighting for it when he got hit. Just one of the situations I hate, where the announcer makes the situation fit the point he wants to make rather than make his point fit the situation.

From what I watched, about 1/2 the game.. I thought it could be subtitled,
"The Deification of Tony Dungy"....

"You want to crown them, go ahead and crown their asses!"

"You want to crown them, go ahead and crown their asses!"

"They were who we thought they were!"

The Peyton Manning commercials at every TV break were ridiculous. Talk about over-exposed.

Jason David got torched last night. His man-to-man coverage was awful.

The colts looked good, no doubt about it, especially against a team that many see as the NFC Superbowl team. this said... I remember the Greatest Show on Turf in SB 36... didn't work out too well for them ;)

We can only hope that Madden, master of the overstatement, and others jump on the Colts bandwagon. Way too much has been made of the Pats, and if it continues, they risk being treated like defending champs where teams will get "up" for them due solely to what's been said on the airwaves and written on paper.

I'm happy to hand the mantle of "the best" back to the rightful owner, the Colts, until the next Super Bowl is played.

The Peyton Manning commercials at every TV break were ridiculous. Talk about over-exposed.
Wait until the game against the Jets on Sunday when the same commercials will be shown. You won't be able to get away from this guy this season, as he's ready to pop up anywhere even when he's not playing.

The Saints Dline actually got decent pressure on Manning. Manning's completion percentage was pretty bad the first half. He barely got it back up to 60% to finnish the game. Ugoh performed poorly in pass protection but he looked very good run blocking.

The Saints Dline actually got decent pressure on Manning. Manning's completion percentage was pretty bad the first half. He barely got it back up to 60% to finnish the game. Ugoh performed poorly in pass protection but he looked very good run blocking.

Manning may not be better than Brady, but he's an awesome QB. He had a couple of really bad throws, but every QB does that.

And that was against Will Smith who is primarily a bull rush guy. It looked as if the Saints kept a lot of backers in protection rather than rush the rookie LT on Peyton's blind side. Imagine what Phillips or Merriman could do on that side, let alone Vrabel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call