PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Glazer Tape (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jay Glazier Tape (merged)

Jay Glazer is a ball washer for rex ryan they were at the mma event in miami last year...

Believe me, friends. I hope I am wrong.

If you hear a big "whoosh" from the south tonight, that is my sigh of relief.

The only thing reminiscent to me is the timing of it. I mean, come on, really? The day of the game? Bush league.

The accusation itself is pretty trivial. The fact that its a player in uniform and not a coach also makes it less of a story than what the Jets did.

It's just truly annoying that dorks like Jay Glazer & John Tomase get off on this kind of sensationalistic, poorly timed bush league journalism.

Last edited:

How embarrassing......for Jay Glazer.
Then again sports mediots have as little integrity as so-called "news" mediots. It's all agenda all the time.

I didn't watch the whole segment; did any of the other guys on the set challenge this? They all seemed kind of uncomfortable while he was speaking. I know Rapoport tweeted that he didn't see anything in the tape.

I think folks are barking up the wrong tree regarding the timing of Glazer's piece.

He doesn't have discretion over when his network wants to air his reports, just as a newspaper's reports doesn't choose when his story runs. There are editors and producers for that, and their choices aren't made based on their feelings regarding the team in question, but rather, on maximizing exposure and impact.

The newspapers do larger sports pages on the weekends because people read them more on weekends. CBS and FOX air multi-hour pre-game shows because, obviously, that's when people will watch them. So the fact that stories tend to break on gamedays or the day before isn't part of some anti-Patriot conspiracy, but because these are the days that football news will get the most eyes and gin up the most talk.

The only thing that would prompt FOX to waste this on their website instead of save it for their pre-game show is if they thought the story would break without them before then.

So, Jay Glazer's source on this told him that the Jets learned this from a Pats practice-squad player that the Jets picked up. Doesn't necessarily make it true.

Seems to me more likely that whoever Glazer's source is with the Jets would tell him that to a) give the report more credibility, and b) make the Pats worry about losing practice squaders to the Jets

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't watch the whole segment; did any of the other guys on the set challenge this? They all seemed kind of uncomfortable while he was speaking. I know Rapoport tweeted that he didn't see anything in the tape.

Theres nothing there unless you want to use your imagination and create something, they knew the haters would be able to make something of this, its all sensational journalism, aimed at the masses that cant beat us so they hate us EMBRACE THE HATE :rocker:

I think folks are barking up the wrong tree regarding the timing of Glazer's piece.

He doesn't have discretion over when his network wants to air his reports, just as a newspaper's reports doesn't choose when his story runs. There are editors and producers for that, and their choices aren't made based on their feelings regarding the team in question, but rather, on maximizing exposure and impact.
The big issue with Glazer (at least for me) is not his timing but his decision to report this as fact, saying "here's the proof". That's hackneyed and really lazy reporting.

Re: Breaking Story... Glazer claims tape shows Pats tripping ala Jets

Yea I saw that, how bad is that? The Jets say and do things, but everone has to go back to the patriots and squawk about, "Well they did it to, waa, waa, waa. The other thing that pisses me off is how the media says that the trash talk is going back and forth, maybe it's me but I haven't heard the Patriots say a damn thing, but the Jets are threatening harm, and acting like gangsters, f them and the stupid media.

This is the typical mainstream media false equivalence argument. Sounds like first graders--"Well they did it tooooo." Everyone does it so we don't have to call attention to the worst most obvious offenders, except, everyone else doesn't do it.

Peter King's not so suprising reply via Twitter: SI_PeterKing RT @Hicksox: What are your thoughts on the Glazier tripgate video? ... Good job by Glazer. Looked damning to me.

I replied: @SI_PeterKing That grainy piece of crap looked "damning" to you? We get it, BB was mean to you after Spygate. Let it go

Peter King's not so suprising reply via Twitter: SI_PeterKing RT @Hicksox: What are your thoughts on the Glazier tripgate video? ... Good job by Glazer. Looked damning to me.

I replied: @SI_PeterKing That grainy piece of crap looked "damning" to you? We get it, BB was mean to you after Spygate. Let it go

I asked him how a player in uniform, purportedly shying away from contact, was damning.

I doubt I get a reply from the blowhard. A shame, I used to really respect him.

Good for you, and he is a coward. If it's damning to him, why doesn't he report on it. Our own local media hasn't said a word yet. I have watched that video a few times. If that was an attempt to trip the gunner, then it was an EPIC FAIL on our part.

I asked him how a player in uniform, purportedly shying away from contact, was damning.

I doubt I get a reply from the blowhard. A shame, I used to really respect him.

Yeah, he hasn't replied to me since I sent him 6 tweets worth of stuff about how he was only bashing BB's 4th-and-2 becasue BB ignored him after Spygate. He sent me a very huffy "The rest of America think I kiss his feet, and you think I hate him. Whatever!" I think he blocked me after that.

king rarely takes on fellow media members. they are all good to him.figure he will write something about this like "i spoke to...xyz" etc

Last edited:

I think JJ challenged that since the players were in uniform, they had a right to stand there, whereupon Glazer started gibbering something about being in an "illegal zone" or something to that extent, and, the offensive lineman "tripping" the Jets gunner.

who is the "kid off the practice squad" that went from the Pats to the jets and exposed this?

Also, this ass says the Jets should have told the league and the league should have fined the Patriots, not the Jets. What a joke. How can the Jets be exonerated for their actions by anybody else's actions?

Who is the player who is being accused of trying to trip the Jets' gunner? I can't see his number--nor, incidentally,can I see his sticking his leg out. This "proof" is bull cookies.

SMY, via twitter: shalisemyoung just watched the FoxSports video, tough to find anything damning from that angle/distance. interesting it would just magically appear today

Two minutes ago, a tweet from Shalise

just watched the FoxSports video, tough to find anything damning from that angle/distance. interesting it would just magically appear today

SMY, via twitter: shalisemyoung just watched the FoxSports video, tough to find anything damning from that angle/distance. interesting it would just magically appear today

ask albert breer on twitter . i bet he agrees with glazer

What exactly happened between BB and King?

I've never liked King anyway. He's being fazed out on NBC by Florio so he might not get any TV time anymore. Good riddance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe