PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Glazer Tape (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing how we are going back over 4 months ago to view a tape of an alleged act. The fine against the Jets were for two reasons

1. the wall
2. coach tripping an opposing player

Its a reach.. HUGE reach.. Wendell definitely went forward but since he didn't touch the player, we really don't know what the action taking place was for. Maybe he thought the play was over and started to go forwarded. Maybe he went to put out his leg. Bottom line, he didn't touch the player..

They just showed it on CBS. He definitely tried to trip. He tried to be subtle by moving back, but there's no way an objective person could say he didn't try to trip.

First of all, What CBS showed and what FOX showed were two DIFFERENT plays. How can I say this? Because in the FOX version, the player sidesteps to his right TWICE before moving backwards. In the CBS review, Wendell doesn't move except to turn to his right. Secondly, any objective person looking at that would know that the gunner was BEYOND the 6 foot white stripe meaning that he's way out of bounds and should have been called.

Also, Wendell didn't try and trip him. Wendell just turned his body. Wendell is NOT obligated to moved since the Jets player was already beyond the white stripe.

It doesn't bother me, I see it as gamesmanship, IMHO

The networks are just trying to add drama and boost the ratings, just business as usual.

I think the same thing here that I thought about Alosi-- the intent wasn't to actually trip, just to disrupt the opposing player a bit by threatening a trip. Alosi simply miscalculated or was inept.

The Jet's are stuck in elementary school days mode ... trite, spite, and fight.

Its a reach.. HUGE reach.. Wendell definitely went forward but since he didn't touch the player, we really don't know what the action taking place was for. Maybe he thought the play was over and started to go forwarded. Maybe he went to put out his leg. Bottom line, he didn't touch the player..

He either was starting to go on the field and then turned and went back and was bracing for a possible hit then turned but there was no attempt at a trip, try to trip someone, its not that hard.

Re: Jay Glazier Tape (merged)

Well this sequence of events is rather embarrassing for Jay Glazer. It's a shame the NFL won't sanction him for his conduct.

It doesn't bother me, I see it as gamesmanship, IMHO

The networks are just trying to add drama and boost the ratings, just business as usual.

In the first few days after Spygate, the reporters I read, universally, like Peter King, Mortenson, Clayton, were all calling for the Patriots to lose a 3rd or 4th draft choice, if the allegations were true. As the week progressed, the word came down that the NFL was going to come down hard, and the reporters ratcheted up the heat. The very same people were demanding the first rounder they got from the Seahawks be taken away. They were feeding the hysteria in much the same fashion that you suggest, adding to the drama. There was absolutely no logic at play anywhere in the discussion.

Re: Jay Glazier Tape (merged)

Well since the league initially allowed the Rats to investigate and punish themselves, I expect they will give the Pats the same courtesy.

Roger, the Pats will investigate and let you know what they find out, and any penalties that they choose to impose. You'll be the first to know.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents