PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Glazer Tape (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jay Glazier Tape (merged)

To be completely objective, it did seem like the Patriots built that wall and it also did seem like a player tried to stick his leg out.

The only reason Shawn Crable has a semblance of a pulse in this league is because of BB. Sad to see him betray the Patriots like this... :eek:

To be completely objective, it did seem like the Patriots built that wall and it also did seem like a player tried to stick his leg out.

Yea but they asked the other team first and said they had permission. :D

Jets must lose a 1st rounder

If he did, he did a piss poor job.

There are so many things wrong with that...

1. They are active players, not inactive ones like the Jets used.
2. It looks like that's the offensive line. They would qualify as "situation substitution" player since they are going in on the next play (assuming no fumble).
3. The last guy on that line moves, and they interpret it as sticking his foot out. It looks like he's just turning around, and either way, he didn't make any contact.

Couple of logic questions here:

1) If I wanted to disrupt a gunner on ST, why would I use an active player and have him EXPOSE HIS KNEE as a way to do it?

2) If I were an active player and a coach told me to EXPOSE MY KNEE in order to trip a 200 lb player running at top speed, why would I even consider doing it?

3) If I were a 200 lb player running at top speed and someone stuck their knee out to trip me (potentially injuring me and jeopardizing my career), wouldn't I have noticed it and mentioned it to someone?

4) If this clear attack happened to the Jets in week 2, why did it take signing Crable in late November for them to realize it?

5) If the Pats practiced this, why were they so horrific at executing it? The "wall" was terrible and the 2 guys before the "tripper" actually backed up as the gunner approached.

For this to make sense, you have to believe that:
- Belichick was willing to sacrifice an active player's health in order to slow down a ST gunner on a punt return
- That active player was willing to sacrifice his health
- The gunner didn't realize he was essentially being attacked
- Belichick planned a clearly illegal move and decided to make it open knowledge with players that were likely to be cut at some point
- The Pats practiced this maneuver but were clearly inept at it during the game
- Belichick wanted to try getting away with something illegal against the Jets in week 2

Last edited:

And I hope that in three weeks, BB can give Glazer the Tom Jackson treatment............

This. But unlikely as Gazer has meetings booked with the Jets PR department.

I really hope I am wrong, but it really feels like the day of SB 42 all over again. To me, anyways.

I don't even think I will be able to enjoy this one. I am just anxious for it to be over, and I hope to God we win.

Jeezus...over react much?

First off it wasn't a wall even though a wall itself isn't illegal. Those were all active players, likely the OL getting ready to take the field. The JETS were all inactive players and staff. And there was no trip, there wasn't even a clear attempt to trip. There was the last guy in the group moving as the gunner approached him. In the case of the JETS their strength and conditioning coach and some scrubbs were lined up shoulder to shoulder with no gaps and no one flinched as the first in line coach clearly stuck his knee in the direct path of the oncoming gunner. Had the JETS actually believed they had evidence to exculpate themselves they'd have filed their own claim when it would have helped them. This is just Glazer the MMA attention whore trying to make himself relevant on game day. He used to break lots of stories but not so much lately because most of his sourcing these days is his MMA clientele, whom he spends the majority of his time promoting in exchange for access. I'm sure the JETS wasted time searching far and wide to find a way to justify or rationalize what they got caught doing to their own players and if this was the best they can come up with it's just more of their insecure wannabe mentality raising it's increasingly ugly head.

For comparison purposes YouTube - Sal Alosi, a New York Jets Coach get caught Triping a Miami Dolphins Player - [HD] TheBrianDawkins

It amazes me the way the media goes after this team. Glazer digs up some shoddy video that conclusively proves nothing, and he holds it up as evidence that the Patriots cheated before the Jets!

Can't beat them on the field so there must be some other way, right Jay.

I wonder if the reason the Jets didn't send this to the league is because IT DOESN'T SHOW ANYTHING.

My reaction to this silly acusation

lolwut.jpg

The video is weak and there is no way you can say it was a clear attempt to trip the gunner.

Glazier's comment that the Pats would have been fined instead of the Jets( had NY turned this in as evidence) makes no sense at all.

This is absolute BS. If he was trying to trip him, he would have tripped him. It's not that hard to trip somebody

I wonder if the reason the Jets didn't send this to the league is because IT DOESN'T SHOW ANYTHING.

I wouldn't assume they didn't. Don't forget that the "spygate" video that Glazier showed came straight from Godell's office, I wouldn't be surprised if this one did too.

So a PS squad player told the Rats this and it gets into the media. I know Westhoff was supposedly punished as part of the "wrist slap" levied on the Rats, but doesn't this need to be investigated?

Not what the video shows, but going to the media with this report. Westhoff was sanctioned for not bringing his complaint to the league office, isn't bringing this to the media doing the same thing?

The Alosi incident and the Westhoff accusation happened several weeks ago so it took Glazer quite a while to come up with this "damning" footage so obviously it does not happen "all the time." In addition it's hardly definitive.

So a PS squad player told the Rats this and it gets into the media. I know Westhoff was supposedly punished as part of the "wrist slap" levied on the Rats, but doesn't this need to be investigated?

Not what the video shows, but going to the media with this report. Westhoff was sanctioned for not bringing his complaint to the league office, isn't bringing this to the media doing the same thing?

I was just going to bring up the same thing. Bringing "evidence" to the media instead of the league office fits the same pattern.

I'm not expecting it and I'm only half joking about this, but the Jets could have opened themselves up for another fine by doing this.

3038w93.jpg

I was just going to bring up the same thing. Bringing "evidence" to the media instead of the league office fits the same pattern.

I'm not expecting it and I'm only half joking about this, but the Jets could have opened themselves up for another fine by doing this.

Goodells created this environement, its a freaking circus, he should step up and quash this stuff for the integrity of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe