PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Glazer: Rex Ryan told his team "word on the street" is he is getting fired

Who else has beaten the Pats 4 times?

Nobody has been coaching in the division long enough to try. If Wrecks was near .500 vs. the Pats that would be semi-significant, but 4-7 isn't.

Who else has beaten the Pats 4 times?

who else has lost to them 7 times?
Are you really saying going 4-7 vs your top division rival is a good accomplishment?

Nobody has been coaching in the division long enough to try. If Wrecks was near .500 vs. the Pats that would be semi-significant, but 4-7 isn't.

I remind you that I'm recommending he be hired as a consultant, not a member of the basic coaching hierarchy. In that context, I think it's more relevant just to count his successes than to offset them against his failures.

I remind you that I'm recommending he be hired as a consultant, not a member of the basic coaching hierarchy. In that context, I think it's more relevant just to count his successes than to offset them against his failures.

Are you suggesting he knows something about defense that BB doesn't?

He wouldn't be unemployed long since the texans are a perfect fit for him.

C'mon.

You got the state right, but the wrong team.

It's the circus America wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry Jones - Dez Bryant - Rex Ryan.

C'mon.

You got the state right, but the wrong team.

It's the circus America wants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jerry Jones - Dez Bryant - Rex Ryan.

Lol, now that would be a funny team to see! Lol

Bring him to New England. He'd be a better D-coordinator than Patricia

I completely disagree. Patricia has done a magnificent job with this young Defense. Especially after losing so many of his good starters to IR. The Pats currently have an 11-4 record. Can you realistically expect such a record with this injured crew?

Patricia should be up for DC of the Year.

Somehow I envision Woody paying that 11 million to free O'Brien from Penn State. Woody has plenty of money and has to be more desperate than ever. O'Brien would fit the mold of a no nonsense type of coach that they desperately need.

I completely disagree. Patricia has done a magnificent job with this young Defense. Especially after losing so many of his good starters to IR. The Pats currently have an 11-4 record. Can you realistically expect such a record with this injured crew?

Patricia should be up for DC of the Year.

Just look at that Broncos game. Manning has the TD record this year and the Pats D pretty much shut him down. I'm sure Patricia gets some credit for that one.

I'm suggesting Ryan is a keen observer of the Pats.

Maybe when he has the players to carry out those "keen" observations. But he doesn't do anything defensively that BB/McDaniels/Brady aren't thoroughly familiar with and he has failed against them most of the time. Plus, his defensive philosophy is different from BB's. Take away that fluke win this year vs. the injury-riddled Patriots and he'd be 3-8 against New England. He's a good defensive coordinator but not a master schemer who would bring anything new or special to the table here either as coach or consultant. If he's fired he'll likely take a year off and come back somewhere as a DC.

Bring him to New England. He'd be a better D-coordinator than Patricia

You're the same guy who *****es about McDaniels every game. Ryan has his defense checking in at #23 this season, after it being #20 last season. For all your complaining about the Patriots coordinators, looking at scoring, the Patriots defenses were #9 last year and were #10 coming into this weekend's games this year, and they offenses were also #1 last year and #6 heading into this weekend's games this year.

For all of the problems, the Patriots have been able to field better defenses than the Jets for both of the last two seasons, and have been remarkably capable at making the needed adjustments to improve the offense, as well.

Rex Ryan's not the answer, unless the question is "Who's most likely to develop athlete's foot around his mouth?".

people who want him as D coordinator can forget it. Its belichick's scheme in new england and he is not changing it. And regarding ryan's scheme, it just like BB's scheme needs good players . We sw this yr how his defense is without a secondary . And he has a huge ego on defense regarding just stopping the run at any costs for e.g and is not a out of the box thinker like BB. its a exciting attacking defense which has given up critical drives in crunch time in games.

I think his a good HC and a great DC but I am happy with the way Matt Patricia is running the defense he just needs more talent and a lot less injuries,

but if ryan is fired he would make a great HC for the cowboys Jason Garrett IMO is a bad fit for that team they have lots of talent on offense what they need is a good defensive coach that can lead that team

What else could he have done? Bench Sanchez against the GM and owner's wishes?

The funniest thing about this quote is that you are a PATRIOTS fan, .....

and our HoF coach's TWO most memorable personnel decisions were:

BENCHING BERNIE KOSAR (proabably the 2d most beloved QB in Browns history - after Otto Graham)

BENCHING DREW BLEDSOE (partial savior of the Patriots franchise)

I'm going out on a limb here. Rex will never coach for New England.

Since Rex Ryan became HC of NYJ the Jets have allowed 1645 points and the Patriots have allowed 1582.
I do not understand why people seem to think he has a better defensive plan that we do.
We have 184 sacks and they have 175 so the Rex is aggressive and thats better idea is weak too.
Also in that same time we have 166 takeaways and they have 125, so in addition to keeping more points off the board, our defense has given more opportunity to the O.

Finally, if you want to try the 'they have been better lately' argument, umm, no.

Last 3 years we have allowed 984 points (7th) they have allowed 1105 (21st). Yes that is more than 40 points a year worse than us.
We also have more sacks 117 to 103 and more takeaways 100 to 64.

Someone needs to tell me why the team that ranked 7th in points allowed should bring in the guy whose team was 21st.

Thanks for this. I hate the mythology that's grown around this guy, as if he's a good D coach. And I hate even more that it exists on this board. Of all places to fall for this line of garbage!

Rex should just keep it quit and not pout in a public forum (not that he actually was, but why bother mentioning it?) Maybe he's looking for an out or to strike the first PR blow.

My first thought when I heard of this report was of Necessary Roughness and the Assistant Coach's speech before the big game:

Coach Rig: I don't wanna put any undue pressure on you guys, but Coach Gennero's last words were, win or I'll die.

I believed before the season that Ryan would stay if the team finishes .500 or better, and I still believe it. And the man is comedy gold. I don't want him to leave.

The Jets were crappy last year and are crappy this year.

Since 2009, the Jets points allowed per game has gone up every year.

You can also make the argument that he has sub-standard talent to work with- on both sides of the ball.

Their roster is not a very good one. Their front office is brutal.

I say keep them the way they are. :D

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Back