PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Whitlock writes one of the worst articles I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racist F#CK.......

No rivalry? Are you joking?

It's obviously not on the level of Bird/Magic (what is?) but you're joking yourself if you don't think the Ravens have a perpetual axe to grind when it comes to NE. And let's not forget they handed us the most lopsided playoff defeat in the Belichick era... I'd say there's a rivalry here.

There's not enough history to be a rivalry. I wouldn't even call Pats-Steelers a rivalry and we've played them far more often in the playoffs.

No when I think rivalry - Colts-Pats, Pats-Jets, Pats-Dolphins etc. comes to mind. The Colts used to be in-division rivals, but even after they moved out those great battles with Brady vs Manning cannot be forgotten and we've been scheduled to face them it least once every season now, not to mention the playoff battles.

No Pats-Ravens isn't even a blip on the rivalry radar. And Brady vs Flacco. Gee two white QBs faceoff. I don't see the race card there. And how come nobody compares Mayo vs Lewis. Those are the two best linebackers on either team and both are black. Why not because it doesn't fit the writer's agenda. He wants to play the race card when there is none to play.

The best defensive player on the Pats is Vince Wilfork, he's black but he's not mentioned because it doesn't fit the fictitional story. I'm tired of hearing it. Don't make excuses using the 'race card', just win. If Brady throws for 350 yards and 3 tds on the Ravens D and Flacco throws for 150 yards a TD and a pick, the reason the Ravens lost has nothing to do with race and everything to do with performance. Make sense?

No rivalry? Are you joking?

It's obviously not on the level of Bird/Magic (what is?) but you're joking yourself if you don't think the Ravens have a perpetual axe to grind when it comes to NE. And let's not forget they handed us the most lopsided playoff defeat in the Belichick era... I'd say there's a rivalry here.

There is this delusion of a rivalry. Sorry, but the Pats biggest rivals are (were) Indy, Pittsburgh, Jets. Ravens - not so much. That does not mean to disprage the team, it just isn't a touted rivalry. The media is trying to make it one. Ravens fans too.

Welker and Gronkowski are white, Hernandez is Hispanic,Branch and Ocho are African American...BJGE and Ridley and Faulk are African American...predominantly white offense???Uh, newsflash nitwit,Flacco is WHITE...why no mention of the Ravens offense? Obviously because it doesn't suit your racist argument.

9 of 11 Raven defenders are African American...uh, OK...10 0f 11 Patriots defenders are African American...oh wait, YOU think they're white, right...because your hate for the northeast and your racial bias that flows like venom towards the Patriots won't allow your eyes to see what is right there in front of you.

Brady versus Lewis...OK, idiotic from the jump but I'll play along....Brees versus Lewis...ever write a column about THAT black/white dichotomy??? Rogers versus Lewis? Rothlisberger versus Lewis? Manning versus Lewis?

Heh...of course not...only the racist northeasterners and their racist Patriots team play into your intergalactically moronic barrage of bile.

You need to look up "predominantly" in the dictionary and get a neurosurgeon to laser burn its meaning into your forebrain..Hernandez,Branch, Ocho,BJGE, Ridley and Faulk make the Pats offense PREDOMINANTLY African American. Sorry we have a white TE that offends your sensibilities so deply that you'd go off on this racist screed...after all, the Ravens would never employ white tight ends would they...nah...never...because it's a black/white issue.

Before your next "column" it would behoove you to find the nearest Clues-R-Us warehouse and get yourself a couple of palettes...the African American sales manager will even have the white go'fer load it in the back of your Escalade for free.

This isn't the first time Whitlock has written garbage like this...and it won't be the last...I sent him THAT e-mail in response...I expect him to not respond...it doesn't fit his hate agenda

Nice retort, except that I believe Hernandez isn't African American. It might have been better to say 'not caucasian'

Nice retort, except that I believe Hernandez isn't African American. It might have been better to say 'not caucasian'

Hernandez is half Puerto Rican and half Italian. Not that it matters.

Hernandez is half Puerto Rican and half Italian. Not that it matters.

Yeah, how many Puerto Rican/Italian or Chinese/Jamaican dudes does Baltimore have, Whitlock???

Why's the article so bad? Officiating did play a role in our loss, in a couple of our games -- not using that as an excuse, but it played a factor.

I wont get into Spygate or any racial topics...

You're coach shouldn't have called that timeout in the 07 game and the officiating wouldn't have mattered in the end.

BTW Jason, Don Draper, Roger Sterling, and Pete Campbell all have their character flaws on Mad Men, but Avon Barksdale, Stringer Bell, and Wey-Bey Brice were all murderous drug dealers on The Wire. Yet, you use the Mad Men characters of the greater of two evils.

Yes, I liked The Wire far more than Mad Men too, but I don't think I aspire to be Avon Barksdale over Don Draper and has nothing to do with the color of their skin.

Last edited:
terrell-suggs-steelers-shirt.jpg

I guess Whitlock is right. It's pretty clear Suggs and his teammates "like and respect" the Steelers...

Just look at this gem of sports journalism:

"Brady leads an offense built in his image. In a league that is predominantly black, Brady directs a high-flying offense that is predominantly white and relies on a deep cast of white playmakers.

Lewis leads a defense built in his brash image. Nine of the 11 Ravens defenders are African-American. To compensate for Baltimore’s inconsistent offense, Lewis’ defense not only takes risks to create turnovers, they take even more risks trying to convert those turnovers into instant points."

How does Jason Whitlock still have a job? Jesus...

You're coach shouldn't have called that timeout in the 07 game and the officiating wouldn't have mattered in the end.

Well, Rex's timeout played just as big a role as the officiating, and that's why I wont say "the flags lost the game for us".

But in a game like that, it isn't reasonable to expect anyone to overcome such crucial flags.

It's pretty clear that he is not talking about the racial makeup of each team, but rather talking about the race of Tom Brady and the race of Ray Lewis.

Though football is a team sport, perhaps the ULTIMATE team sport, he talks at length about how the game is in his mind a battle to establish the legacy of Brady and Lewis, comparing it to the team battles / personal battles between Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. He is an awful writer, and the tangents into hip-hop, rock-n-roll, etc. and even the stance that this is some sort of personal battle of the two team leaders to establish their legacy is stupid to an extreme.

Putting the racial angle into it is stupid-squared, but his perspective is that this is like a boxing match or tennis match somehow, man-on-man, Brady vs. Lewis.

A waste of 5 minutes if you choose to read it, but that is what he is trying to express.

Well, Rex's timeout played just as big a role as the officiating, and that's why I wont say "the flags lost the game for us".

But in a game like that, it isn't reasonable to expect anyone to overcome such crucial flags.

Ravens fans complaining about the officiating in the 2007 game is about as ridiculous as it gets.

Which "crucial" flag thrown in that game was a clear non-penalty? I anxiously await your response. And please, save yourself the embarrassment and don't even bother citing the defensive holding call on Ben Watson.

Ravens fans complaining about the officiating in the 2007 game is about as ridiculous as it gets.

receivers were mugged and held like anything in that game

Why's the article so bad? Officiating did play a role in our loss, in a couple of our games -- not using that as an excuse, but it played a factor.

I wont get into Spygate or any racial topics...

Officiating is a factor in the result of every NFL game ever played. Might as well say that the shape of the football was a factor, while you're at it.

The real question is: are the officials somehow biased against the Ravens? And the answer is no.

Officiating is a factor in the result of every NFL game ever played. Might as well say that the shape of the football was a factor, while you're at it.

The real question is: are the officials somehow biased against the Ravens? And the answer is no.

On that point - (and nothing to do with the article), I think Ravens and Steelers fans both make the mistake of assuming biased officiating when in fact what has happened is a long-term shift in the rules (as well as their interpretation and enforcement) to favor offenses. The burden is on teams like the Ravens and Steelers to adapt, it is not a question of "bias." But yeah, I like old-school football and it is sad to me to see some of the changes the league has made to favor big-play offenses.

Fact is a lot of the people on this board have been calling Baltimore's players "thugs" all week....I see where that comes in with Ray Lewis, but when it comes to Suggs its a pretty racially charged term that I've found a little sketchy.

Good point.

Just look at this gem of sports journalism:

"Brady leads an offense built in his image. In a league that is predominantly black, Brady directs a high-flying offense that is predominantly white and relies on a deep cast of white playmakers.

Lewis leads a defense built in his brash image. Nine of the 11 Ravens defenders are African-American. To compensate for Baltimore’s inconsistent offense, Lewis’ defense not only takes risks to create turnovers, they take even more risks trying to convert those turnovers into instant points."

How does Jason Whitlock still have a job? Jesus...

Evidently, there's a lot of money to be made in promoting racism.

I'm giving Mr. Whitlock the benefit of the doubt, that he is doing it for the money.

-It's only slightly less heinous than if he actually WANTED to set our society back 60 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye