PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Taylor traded to Redskins for second-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is sad, i was really hoping Taylor would somehow wiggle his way onto the Pats, whether it was a trade for a pick or released.

Does anyone think Taylor will have a say in whether this trade goes through? I mean he already came out and said he didnt want to go to Green Bay, heres hopin he tells Synder and the Dumbskins to go screw off.

Not to be facetious, but after getting burned on the Welker deal, the odds that the 'lphins would trade Taylor to the Pats was basically zero.

I'm sure BB would be able to put Taylor to use, but, nevertheless, that was always a pipe dream at best.

Last edited:
Eli Manning...meet Mr. Taylor!!:rofl: I really hope he gets to knock off Eli's pumpkin head once or twice this year!

Attachments

• Jason Taylor.jpg
    Jason Taylor.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 288
Taylor seems to be happy about the deal, reportedly telling the Skins he will play out the final 2 years remaining on his deal.

Why wouldn't he like the deal? When it looked like he was out of options, he's gone from a team that is contending for the #1 overall pick to a team contending for the playoffs.

This is a good trade for the Redskins (although the pick obviously helps the Dolphins in the rebulding strategy). They replace an injured man with one of the best in the business. I think giving up the #2 is a bit much, but the new coaching staff really needs to establish this team as a perennial contender and this is a move that can really help do that.

Also, Matt Light and Tom Brady are both thinking very happy thoughts right now....

how much did we beat the skins by last year? 70-3?

i have a hard time seeing a team win the superbowl led by Jason Campell. If they picked up Favre though i bet they could compete for the NFC championship.

I had a hard time seeing a team led by league INT leader Eli Manning win the Super Bowl.

Well we know that Jason Taylor is not gonna be Aqua4Evah

how much did we beat the skins by last year? 70-3?

i have a hard time seeing a team win the superbowl led by Jason Campell. If they picked up Favre though i bet they could compete for the NFC championship.

People used to say the same about Eli Manning.

The NFC East teams are all contenders in my opinion.

The more I think about it the more I can see Favre on the Skins too.

Last edited:
I don't get. Taylor wants to play for a contender because the Dolphins are so bad, yet he gets traded to the Redskins who will be lucky to make the playoffs.
Ynless the Redskins wanted to re-do his deal, Taylor has no say about getting traded. We traded for Ted Washington and the first he heard was after the deal was done.

Taylor likely has his eyes on getting elected to gubmint after retirement so Washington is prefecto for the twinkle toed QB crusher. But Jason Campbell has little chance of beating the Cowboys - I can't even remember what other NFC 'teams' made the playoffs. Whoa, the Giants did, but I still can't believe it...

Anyway - Tom Brady just had two years added to his career. Taylor had a man-thing for smashing TB, his departure virtually gaurantees two wins within the division for the Pats.

Parcells wouldn't have traded JT to the Pats for the release of his abducted grandmother, so I can't think anyone here really believed it would happen - did you?

Parcells wouldn't have traded JT to the Pats for the release of his abducted grandmother, so I can't think anyone here really believed it would happen - did you?

No. But I still had hope.

Taylor likely has his eyes on getting elected to gubmint after retirement so Washington is prefecto for the twinkle toed QB crusher. But Jason Campbell has little chance of beating the Cowboys - I can't even remember what other NFC 'teams' made the playoffs. Whoa, the Giants did, but I still can't believe it...

Anyway - Tom Brady just had two years added to his career. Taylor had a man-thing for smashing TB, his departure virtually gaurantees two wins within the division for the Pats.

Jason Campell actually did good against the Cowboys, he just needs to improve on his second half performance

Matt Light just creamed his pants.

Great news!

There wasn't a person alive who followed the NFL who ever thought there was any way that Parcells would ever trade him to a division rival - let alone help the biggest division rival add depth.

So an NFC team that doesn't appear to be a strong contender is the absolute best situation here. I'm just disappointed that he Fins got a 2nd rounder.

Last edited:
Great news!

There wasn't a person alive who followed the NFL who ever thought there was any way that Parcells would ever trade him to a division rival - let alone help the biggest division rival add depth.

So an NFC team that doesn't appear to be a strong contender is the absolute best situation here. I'm just disappointed that he Fins got a 2nd rounder.

My thoughts exactly. Good news overall. It will be fun to see how JT does in DC.

That's too bad. Was dreaming the Patriots could dump Big Dog 93 and replace him with Taylor. We'd have won a Super Bowl last season with that player swap. Oh well looks like we're stuck with Little Richard for another 2 years.

the redskins could make the super bowl on emotion alone. they want to play for sean taylor and that's going to drive them all season. trust me, i think the redskins are going to knock either the cowboys or giants(more likely) from the wildcard spot.
:eek:

That could possibly be the stupidest post I have seen on this board.

Well, Tuna is no dope - he targeted the one owner in the NFL who has no use for draft picks and can't resist celebrity. Same guy who hired a first time OC while still trying to land a new HC. Who after being rebuffed by the flavor of the month Giants DC and a couple of big name retreads promptly promoted that guy to HC. Thereby replacing a HOF HC in Gibbs and his cadre of assistant HC's with a former QB's coach who's never even served as a coordinator.

Yeah, the 'Skins should be contenders...:rolleyes:

The Skins have a solid D and a very good run game. I have not looked at their schedule, but they could be a borderline wild card team.

I could see them or TB making a run at Favre.

No chance of the Redskins landing Favre at this point--they don't have the cap room to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News