PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jason Taylor traded to Redskins for second-round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.
No chance of the Redskins landing Favre at this point--they don't have the cap room to make it happen.

Interesting question...for lack of a better term, both Taylor and Favre are rent-a-players. If you could only get one, who would you take? It's not a perfect question, since in the Redskins case, they needed to replace an injured player, but they didn't seem like big Favre players by making a quick move here.

The scary part of this whole thing is that on the first day of camp, the Skins lost 2 DE's for the season. Let's hope our guys avoid any major injuries.

I thought he wanted to go to a contender? The Redskins are not a contender. They won't even make it out of their division. I don't believe this trade is true. And if it is, he won't want to play there.

at this point, a few days prior to the opening of Training Camps, it's a little speculative to say who is and isn't a contender outside of the usual suspects (Colts, Pats, and a few others). the redskins made the playoffs last year despite some real problems, so they're certainly more viable than the dolphins. and, where did most of us have the giants this time last year?

this is one of those rare deals that seems to work for everyone. taylor made it clear he didn't want to stay in miami. the skins get a premier player for the final couple of years of what has been a possible HOF career (emphasis on "possible") and the re-building dolphins get a second rounder next year and a sixth rounder the year after. win-win-win.

Anyone who thought we'd EVER get Jason Taylor traded to N.E. was, as we told you before, delusional. It was a non-starter. Taylor being traded out of the CONFERENCE is as much as we could have hoped for.

This is a good day.

It was not Taylor's idea to get traded to the Skins, he had no say about it.

The Redskins had to make this deal, and according to the "experts" (cough, cough (ie, short, bald, ugly gnome at ESPN) thd Fins got more from the Skins that they were offered pre-draft.

The Skins will contend in the NFC east. It is good to see Taylor out of the AFC East, an overall good day for the Pats.

You may actually be able to add one more loss to the Cowboys' win-loss record because of this trade.

That's too bad. Was dreaming the Patriots could dump Big Dog 93 and replace him with Taylor. We'd have won a Super Bowl last season with that player swap. Oh well looks like we're stuck with Little Richard for another 2 years.

I'd pay to see Taylor take on a two lineman double team. What's he about 250?

Really knowledgeable post.

I really don't know why people want Taylor so badly. The guy really doesn't have a place on our defensive line and switching him to LB in our at this point in his career would be a terrible idea.

I really don't know why people want Taylor so badly. The guy really doesn't have a place on our defensive line and switching him to LB in our at this point in his career would be a terrible idea.

"What would we do with a Willie Macgee? , where would we play him"- Dan Duquette

I have full confidence that BB would have found a nice niche for Taylor. A team like the Pats, who habitually has leads that force the other team to throw, could easily find a place for an edge pass rusher like Taylor.

Don't you think that Taylor would have gotten to Eli at least once, during that last drive? Watch it again, if you can stand it, the Pats had no pass rush, and thanks to a horrific draft, still don't have one.

If the Redskins turned around and re-traded Taylor to the Pats today, I (and everyone else here) would be estactic. Everyone knew that there was no way that Parcells was going to trade Taylor to the Pats.

Lets just be glad that he is in the NFC East for the next two years, and not on Tom Brady's back.

Good for us, bad for NFC East.. Eli this is Jason, Jason say hi to Eli.

Don't you think that Taylor would have gotten to Eli at least once, during that last drive? Watch it again, if you can stand it, the Pats had no pass rush, and thanks to a horrific draft, still don't have one.

Come on. Eli was dead meat if Seymour didn't do an impression of an owl thanks to the tremendous yank on his face mask.

P.S. A "horrific" draft? Exaggerate much?

Last edited:
I think taylor could play OLB without much prep because he's been used in space a lot and he's smart.

On the other hand, I don't know diddly about what it really takes to play OLB in their system.

I do know he and Seymour have no relation to each other position wise, you might as well have Vince playing cornerback.

Last edited:
I, for one, think that would be awesome to watch.

I heard him on the radio with his high school buddy. Says he could do it.

I mean snit, he's got five yards to hit somebody, right?

I saw it coming when Taylor pissssssssed off Parcel.

I'd pay to see Taylor take on a two lineman double team. What's he about 250?

Really knowledgeable post.

Are you kidding me? Get a clue about JT's game, how teams defend against the defensive POY and then get back to me. You wear a pinkhat?

Are you kidding me? Get a clue about JT's game, how teams defend against the defensive POY and then get back to me. You wear a pinkhat?

What is a POY?

If you think a 255 lbs 5 tech is a good idea in a 3-4...you are a dunce.

Just like every other big name free agent that goes to DC to die....this may be the last we hear for JT. Yes, he was Player Of the Year(poy) in 06, but he tanked it soon after the rest of his team did last year.....looking like the best player on that team wasnt hard. So after tanking it, he loses motivation and goes dancing in Hollywood, starstruck with people blowing smoke up his butt....It was a no brainer he wanted out of Miami, and was willing to go anywhere at this point in time. Problem is his motivation.....its not something thats easy to get once you lose it. He has lost it. No one has ever FOUND it in DC. I heard they are STILL paying Deion,lol....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back