PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jamie Collins!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey007

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
We've truly found a gem in this guy, think we may have found our starter for the future. Hell of a performance. :rocker:

Wow, I have always wanted that guy on defense who makes the type of plays he made today. That LB who can do it all.

Dude is a problem. We got a gem with him..

Hell of a pick by Beli and co.

I am so pumped about him..

I hope he has another two chances this season to break out even further.

Coming out game for JC. That's for sure. The kid was a beast.

Our nickel defense next year with Mayo-Collins, with the trio of CBs and McCourty....hehe

Wish I'd posted it here, but in an (hour long) conversation with my brother about the game today, I said Collins was going to be the breakout star of the playoffs with Spikes out. He is the best coverage linebacker they have had since Roman Phifer, and he is a physical freak.

He and Logan Ryan are very exciting rookies in my estimation. There is some very good young talent that is still on the roster and not on IR. Chandler, Hightower, Collins, Ryan, Dennard, McCourty....it's their defense right now.

We've truly found a gem in this guy, think we may have found our starter for the future. Hell of a performance. :rocker:

Future? I mean, next week is certainly future right

He has shown plenty of promise throughout the season but tonight really was his coming out party. Awesome game.

Our nickel defense next year with Mayo-Collins, with the trio of CBs and McCourty....hehe

banana-icon.png

:D

I have a trainer at my gym at work who was an atletic director at ole miss when Collins attended the school. He told me all about Collins and the freak that he is.... talks to me all the time about Collins. He never saw another guy as athletically talented as Collins and believes tjhat the sky is the limit for him. He also told me that when he "gets it" there will be no other lb in the league that will be able to do the things he can... I have been skeptical this whole time but Collins has now made a believer out of me!

I am truly excited that we may have the next great lb on our team with Collins. He hasn't even scratched the surface with his abilities! THAT IS EXCITING!!!!!

He looks to have off the chart athletic ability and talent. The fact that he's been steadily progressing, in this his rookie season, speaks volumes about his "coachability". That he played so well, in such a big game, and in big moments in said game, show impressive intangibles.

Yes, it's a small sampling but, if he continues his ascension, he has superstar potential.

Can't wait to see how they decide to use this kid moving forward.

One of the reasons i thought BB drafted Collins was to spy on and keep up with QBs like Collin Kap... and Russel Wilson. i liked the pick when it was made. I wish i had seen more of the game.

Put me in the camp of people concerned about Spikes being out (on top of our other known injuries).

Jamie Collins, though, stepped up big time. He made some critical plays on defense.

Last year it was Shane Vereen that put on a performance in the divisional round that raised his profile big time, this year it is Jamie Collins.

Loved the Collins pick the day of the draft.

Loved it despite all the brickbats thrown my way after the draft.

Loved his athletic ability during camp and preseason.

Watched him grow from the proverbial "ball lost in tall grass" Parcellian description into a solid contributor this last month and a standout in the PLAYOFFS today.

not bad for a rookie

It seems the announcers were all over the Collins story, and they of course got that straight from the Patriots coaches.

I also didn't realize that Collins had changed position from safety. (Paging Ken ...)

Two great plays that stand out....

Trent Richardson running right at him with a blocker leading the way. Collins takes on the blocker spins free while keeping his arms fully extended with the hope of making contact with Richardson. He does make contact and brings him down for a loss.

On his interception I was really impressed when seeing the replay. He had his back turned to the QB when the ball was released. He was able to cover his man, quickly turn, pick up the ball in his vision, then pick it off.

I also didn't realize that Collins had changed position from safety. (Paging Ken ...)

search "Joker + Collins" in the search function...go back to about page 13 or 14 in the history and youll find a complete woirkup I did on ALL his college seasons...his versatility and abilty to play different positions is what enamored me with his game

This kid is gonna be a stud. I think he is gonna be one of the best LBs in the league, he can do anything he is asked to do; rush the passer, drop into coverage, stuff the run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes