PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Brady? More like Post BGEMMCTHW

No one denies that Brady was the most integral piece, he’s the GOAT, and anyone who understands football knows that. What you and others are saying is that Belichick only succeeded because of Brady, and that is horseshit. Belichick is the one who surrounded Brady with the players and coaches that all together led to 20 years of unparalleled success. It was the partnership between the two that created that success, not just one or the other. As I said in another post I had the reverse argument on Twitter with Bernard Pollard, who was claiming that the only reason Brady succeeded was because of a Belichick, which is also horseshit. Brady succeeded because Belichick gave him the means to do so, and because of the 20 years of working his ass off to become the greatest football player of all time. Both of their careers would have achieved less without the other, but together they were the best of all time. Those who try to claim otherwise are morons who don’t understand just how much it takes to win a Lombardi, let alone 6-7 of them.
I agree pretty much agree with this but I think there's more to the story. I believed Belichick learned what worked with Brady and took it for granted. He seemed to more and more surround him with players at a bargain and everything kept working so why not continue with that? So yeah save money so long as you're winning. It didn't always work but it did enough. I think it all went to his head. He depleted the talent to the point that Brady who by then knew his value to winning wanted out. Belichick was ok with that and figured he'd just hit the ground running with whoever. He's a master chess player and through the years has made succesful moves in games that no other coaches ever dreamed of. The problem is that in the end he opted to man his chess game with pawns.

Last edited:

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back