PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Brady? More like Post BGEMMCTHW

Wow how surprising that this turned into a BB bashing thread

The Pats went a decade without winning a ring despite having Tom at QB and BB at coach.
Yes, but the reason it’s thought of as a “twenty year dynasty” is because that era of ‘drought’ was also the era the league and its fan bases were the most terrified of the Patriots. Those were the years where the Patriots would roll their helmets on the field and the opposing team would just stick their heads up their own asses trying to hide from a 45 point beat down.

Funny how it’s Belichick’s “ fault” that all those great players haven’t been replaced, but not to his credit that they were here to begin with.
Who isn’t giving him credit? I give him credit for finding those guys. The point myself and a lot of others are making is the game has passed him by. He can’t build rosters anymore because he hasn’t adapted to how the game is played.

It's a double edged sword for the team right now. It isn't just the fact that he dumped some of the biggest names in football. He also didn't replace them with anything.

Bill didn't draft some of the key players from Dynasty I. He inherited them.

Pretty neat trick given that the Dynasty lasted 20 years.

Who isn’t giving him credit? I give him credit for finding those guys. The point myself and a lot of others are making is the game has passed him by. He can’t build rosters anymore because he hasn’t adapted to how the game is played.

Everyone who claims it was all Brady, that’s who.

Gronk- last played in 2018
Edelman - last good year 2019
Mason - 2021
McCourty- 2022
Chung - last played 2019
Donte Hightower - Last good year 2019
James white - 2021

I dont know but really I expect players to be replaced after 4-5 year. I mean thats basically half of a good NFL career. If they haven't been replaced I think thats a GM problem.

Replacing players isn’t a 1-1 transaction. You might have two great OL at LT and RG, and have two great players at C and RT on another team.

Exactly. The Gm and head coach job shouldn’t be a lifetime achievement award.

I’m pretty sure the Winner emoji is dedicated to Joker.
Yeah, I zoomed in after Ian told me and I see it now. I thought it was a variation of the Goodell emoji before zooming in to see it.

Yeah, I zoomed in after Ian told me and I see it now. I thought it was a variation of the Goodell emoji before zooming in to see it.

I was actually pretty pissed at Ian about it. He was supposed to save that emoji for me, but now that I think about it that doesn’t make any sense, as I am immortal.

images
Are you describing Mac Jones QB play or BB at the post-game press conference?

Outside of Brady and Gronk, you could put all of those players on the Patriots today, in their primes, and they'd be lucky to make it to 1 Super Bowl in 5 years.

Everyone who claims it was all Brady, that’s who.
This is kind of a strawman argument. Most people are just saying that Brady was clearly the most integral piece - you know, being a QB and all - along with his leadership and Game-winning drives.

Outside of Brady and Gronk, you could put all of those players on the Patriots today, in their primes, and they'd be lucky to make it to 1 Super Bowl in 5 years.
Uhhh... I hate to tell you but 1 super bowl in 5 years is actually really, really good.

This is kind of a strawman argument. Most people are just saying that Brady was clearly the most integral piece - you know, being a QB and all - along with his leadership and Game-winning drives.

No one denies that Brady was the most integral piece, he’s the GOAT, and anyone who understands football knows that. What you and others are saying is that Belichick only succeeded because of Brady, and that is horseshit. Belichick is the one who surrounded Brady with the players and coaches that all together led to 20 years of unparalleled success. It was the partnership between the two that created that success, not just one or the other. As I said in another post I had the reverse argument on Twitter with Bernard Pollard, who was claiming that the only reason Brady succeeded was because of a Belichick, which is also horseshit. Brady succeeded because Belichick gave him the means to do so, and because of the 20 years of working his ass off to become the greatest football player of all time. Both of their careers would have achieved less without the other, but together they were the best of all time. Those who try to claim otherwise are morons who don’t understand just how much it takes to win a Lombardi, let alone 6-7 of them.

Strawman or strawhat? Actually a few are saying that, those are the one's he's referring to.

Besides all those players, they lost Ernie Adams and Scar to retirement, which might be more important than we think. And almost every coach (Josh, Flores and others) that wasn't a child or former player.

Uhhh... I hate to tell you but 1 super bowl in 5 years is actually really, really good.
"Make it"... not necessarily win it. And I still said they'd be lucky to even do that.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back