PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags disrespect the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love that there is no degree of immoral with you. Sppeding and murder, it's all the same right?

of course there are degrees. look, I already said above that I don't think this whole thing gave us a LARGE advantage, b/c some other teams cheat in similar fashions.

but it did give us some kind of advantage over some other teams, OTHERWISE WE WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT.

the rule is clearly written, we clearly broke it, we are clearly guilty. do the crime, do the time, etc etc.

just don't cry about it.

Last edited:
This conversation has been discussed to death. The bottom line is that this issue is done, over & finished. It will not change anything, so why are we continuing to beat a dead horse?

The Pats will continue to win & dominate and there's nothing anyone can do about it...so get used to it!:D

I don't know.....but I am leaving.

Circle jerking isn't my style. I am gone.....c u later.

You may now conclude with the homerism and circle jerking.

regards,

Frank

Frank... I have only question.. why did you choose to stand in the center ?

of course there are degrees. look, I already said above that I don't think this whole thing gave us a LARGE advantage, b/c some other teams cheat in similar fashions.

but it did give us some kind of advantage over some other teams, OTHERWISE WE WOULDN'T HAVE DONE IT.

the rule is clearly written, we clearly broke it, we are clearly guilty. do the crime, do the time, etc etc.

just don't cry about it.

There was NOT an advantage to filming from the sidelines. It was just the way BB had done it and he didn't want to change. If there is an advantage, give us one example. As compared to filming from an acceptable location using a telescopic lense, what is the advantage? It should be pretty obvious to anyone, yet I've NEVER heard ONE example.

BTW...you didn't say if you were a Patriots fan...are you?

just don't cry about it.

Yes but many other things that other teams do illegally gives them an advantage, the question is does the punishment fit the crime and are we tainted. Since the last two items are what are either hinted at or directly said
whenever others bring up "spygate" I'm not going to "cry" about the fact that we broke a rule, but I'm definately going to say my piece so that it's put into perspective.

There was NOT an advantage to filming from the sidelines. It was just the way BB had done it and he didn't want to change. If there is an advantage, give us one example. As compared to filming from an acceptable location using a telescopic lense, what is the advantage? It should be pretty obvious to anyone, yet I've NEVER heard ONE example.

I already answered both these questions

yes he's one of those that thinks trashing the team and ignoring reason makes him look smart and objective. It doesn't.

Yes but many other things that other teams do illegally gives them an advantage, the question is does the punishment fit the crime and are we tainted. .

well, that really wasnt the original question, wrt to this thread. someone said "we really didn't cheat" and I pointed out how that was wrong.

now, if you want to say "other teams cheat too" and "the punishment was too much", and "we shouldn't be tainted", ok, and I agree, but those are different issues

well, that really wasnt the original question, wrt to this thread. someone said "we really didn't cheat" and I pointed out how that was wrong.

now, if you want to say "other teams cheat too" and "the punishment was too much", and "we shouldn't be tainted", ok, and I agree, but those are different issues

"NO ADVANTAGE WAS GAINED" -Roger Goodell

If I work for a company and my co-workers say I stole from the company and the owner says I broke a rule, but did NOT steal, then I did not steal...end of story. No ones opinion can change this.

Last edited:
I'm STILL looking for ONE example of an advantage from the peanut gallery.

One doesn't have to look smart & objective when they're already both. If you don't think this issue was way over-blown, you're living in a cave.

you're talking to the wrong person, read my comments, I think "spygate" was 90% a media creation and overblown is an understatement.

you're talking to the wrong person, read my comments, I think "spygate" was 90% a media creation and overblown is an understatement.

I stand corrected...sorry.

I'd say you lost the argument by not pointing out logically how it was wrong.

"“Video taping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent’s offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches’ booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game.”"

Are you following along? I said show me the rule that says videotaping is cheating, or that it gives teams unfair advantage, or heck even that it breaks the bounds of fairplay. This rule only addresses using cameras from certain locations and the type of masonry that surrounds them.

Mind you, I'm more than willing to assume these rules were put in place in order to insure fair play, and that even though they don't state this explicitly, they are there to prevent teams from cheating. I am more than willing to accept that. I'm also more than willing to accept that breaking this rule constitutes cheating.

But then the NFL on multiple occasions made it clear that this rule has nothing to do with stealing signal, cheating, fair play, etc.

1. Steve Alic after the Dolphins game last year said stealing signals from a tape you make on the field is OK.

2. Goodell's statement said the Patriots didn't cheat but somehow they violated fairplay. Nice hedge and contradiction, lawyer.

3. Goodell told Bob Costas on national television that the NFL has no intention of policing secretive videotapes, and that the Patriots were doing it in the open, and therefore hurting the league's public relations.

4. When apprised that the Jets were filming without authorization, the NFL said it was legal.

5. The NFL obviously doesn't mind it when this so-called sacrosanct rule above is violated, as they have made clear.

As I said, I'm more than willing to accept that violating the rule above is a form of cheating, and I've already admitted that the Patriots obviously were using the film to gain advantage in future games. But then the NFL says, well, it's OK to steal signals. so what am I left to conclude? I'm left to conclude that the implied intent behind this rule doesn't have anything to do with fair play, etc. It has nothing to do with cheating. The NFL is clear about this. I guess I can only assume that the rule should be taken literally (no filming from the sideline) even though other teams are allowed to violate the rule, literally.

I agree the Patriots used the videotape to their advantage. This is legal in the NFL. There is no rule against it. Next time, the Patriots should steal signals secretly from the stands. That way, the league won't care.

just b/c you're infatuated with doing something doesn't mean it's ok to do from a place the NFL clearly disallows.

The NFL doesn't disallow stealing signals. It disallows taping from the sidelines.

I'm pretty sure Belichick doesn't have a fetish for film shot from a sideline angle. I'm sure he would appreciate it just as much if the coach's signals were stolen from 10 feet above the sidelines. I'm pretty sure Belichick doesn't discuss the aesthetics of filming stolen signals.

Are you following along? I said show me the rule that says videotaping is cheating, or that it gives teams unfair advantage, or heck even that it breaks the bounds of fairplay. This rule only addresses using cameras from certain locations and the type of masonry that surrounds them.

Mind you, I'm more than willing to assume these rules were put in place in order to insure fair play, and that even though they don't state this explicitly, they are there to prevent teams from cheating. I am more than willing to accept that. I'm also more than willing to accept that breaking this rule constitutes cheating.

But then the NFL on multiple occasions made it clear that this rule has nothing to do with stealing signal, cheating, fair play, etc.

1. Steve Alic after the Dolphins game last year said stealing signals from a tape you make on the field is OK.

2. Goodell's statement said the Patriots didn't cheat but somehow they violated fairplay. Nice hedge and contradiction, lawyer.

3. Goodell told Bob Costas on national television that the NFL has no intention of policing secretive videotapes, and that the Patriots were doing it in the open, and therefore hurting the league's public relations.

4. When apprised that the Jets were filming without authorization, the NFL said it was legal.

5. The NFL obviously doesn't mind it when this so-called sacrosanct rule above is violated, as they have made clear.

As I said, I'm more than willing to accept that violating the rule above is a form of cheating, and I've already admitted that the Patriots obviously were using the film to gain advantage in future games. But then the NFL says, well, it's OK to steal signals. so what am I left to conclude? I'm left to conclude that the implied intent behind this rule doesn't have anything to do with fair play, etc. It has nothing to do with cheating. The NFL is clear about this. I guess I can only assume that the rule should be taken literally (no filming from the sideline) even though other teams are allowed to violate the rule, literally.

I agree the Patriots used the videotape to their advantage. This is legal in the NFL. There is no rule against it. Next time, the Patriots should steal signals secretly from the stands. That way, the league won't care.

ANOTHER BEAUTIFUL POST UPSTATER! Can you cut down on the logic and fact based truth? You're KILLING MakeWayHomer:D :D

I'm sure we're still doing what everyone else does...stealing signals from a legitimate video location! It's uncanny how the Patriots seem to play so much better in the 4th quarter. I think we have the best signal snatchers in the league!:D

Last edited:
Mangina had an additional camera against the Pats in 2006. He claimed it was okay because he got permission. Except:

1) He didn't, according to the people he "got permission" from, and
2) It doesn't say in the rule book "unless you get permission."

Mangini further specified that "everybody does it."

Dungy colluded with Fischer to effectively determine the outcome of a game, and keep Cleveland out of the playoffs.

Yadda yadda yadda.

I was one who wanted to accept the "cheating" accusation and move on. You figure, you had a tape that was never used, which, according to Goodell (not to mention common sense,) did not affect the outcome of the game. And it was the first game. Ergo, I figured this bull**** was dead in terms of this season, and that the crying whining fans of other teams were only making excuses for their previous failings.

Little did I know that the little boys in New Jersey would gleefully append asterisks going forward in this season. And I'm okay with it.

You guys keep printing your cutesy asterisk. We'll take the Lombardi trophy home. I guess that's just what you prefer to pursue in Jersey.

Idiots.

PFnV

Mangina had an additional camera against the Pats in 2006. He claimed it was okay because he got permission. Except:

1) He didn't, according to the people he "got permission" from, and
2) It doesn't say in the rule book "unless you get permission."

Mangini further specified that "everybody does it."

Dungy colluded with Fischer to effectively determine the outcome of a game, and keep Cleveland out of the playoffs.

Yadda yadda yadda.

I was one who wanted to accept the "cheating" accusation and move on. You figure, you had a tape that was never used, which, according to Goodell (not to mention common sense,) did not affect the outcome of the game. And it was the first game. Ergo, I figured this bull**** was dead in terms of this season, and that the crying whining fans of other teams were only making excuses for their previous failings.

Little did I know that the little boys in New Jersey would gleefully append asterisks going forward in this season. And I'm okay with it.

You guys keep printing your cutesy asterisk. We'll take the Lombardi trophy home. I guess that's just what you prefer to pursue in Jersey.

Idiots.

PFnV
I liked the "Ergo" haven't heard it used in a while. But after being up all night,it doesn't take much to amuse me. :confused: :D

Last edited:
Telling the truth is decrepit when the so-called truthteller is an idiot.

No, it is not a fact that the Patriots were sanctioned for cheating. Link to a story that shows the Patriots were sanctioned for cheating. I dare you. The actual NFL statement went out of its way to say the Patriots did not cheat.

Do you know what a fact is.

More proof that you guys really do live in your own alternative reality....

I'm more than willing to accept that violating the rule above is a form of cheating, and I've already admitted that the Patriots obviously were using the film to gain advantage in future games.

fine, then you agree with me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick