PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jags disrespect the Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Teams typically shoot coaching video from one upper 50-yard line location and one upper end zone location, but there are no restrictions on shooting from both upper end zone positions as long as the opportunity is provided to both teams. No permission is needed from the league office.""

Sorry MWH, that's not in the rule book. that was just the NFL's front office response to the Jets incidence. You know this, right?

We just stuck in fork in you and your done!:rofl:

Last edited:
Sorry MWH, that's not in the rule book. that was just the NFL's front office response the the Jets incidence. You know this, right?

it's long standing NFL policy that various people, including the Pats, are aware of.

We just stuck in fork in you and your done!:rofl:

you seem to get a lot of enjoyment from saying I've lost the argument, when in reality I've been running logic circles around you and other fanboys

Last edited:
source?

10 char

MakeWayHomer must have been called into a meeting:rolleyes: Either that or he's Googling desperately in search of a response. I know for a fact the statement he quoted is not in the rule book.

it's long standing NFL policy that various people, including the Pats, are aware of.

you seem to get a lot of enjoyment from saying I've lost the argument, when in reality I've been running logic circles around you and other fanboys

A long-standing policy that contradicts NFL rules...Bwah, ha, ha, ha :rofl: You really are an idiot. So the NFL can have a rule and enforce it upon one team and "off the record" make exceptions to said rule?

Do you realize how stupid you sound?

The REAL logic has been spoken by men like Jimmy Johnson. But you must block you ears when he has spoken on this topic. I'm done with you. And YES, you lost this debate.

Last edited:
The league office also said that this long standing policy was based on permission by the home team which was the Pats in the incident referred to. Ratgini liede when he said pemission was given. Consequently it was against league policy but the former employee of the Jets who is the Commissioner swept it under the rug.

I don't think that's true either. The rule we supposedly broke said you couldn't film anywhere that wasn't enclosed and included the end zone.

I really don't want to sound flippant here, but can everyone get off the frickin I'm smarter than you chatter? I know from your past posts that you like to be regarded as the smart one. I like to be funny. Everyone has their thing.

I get it you're smart, but guess what? You don't know everything there is to know in life. The fact is, you did mis-state some of the rules. Accept it, move on. There's no shame in admitting you were wrong, trust me, you'll get more respect.

I don't think that's true either. The rule we supposedly broke said you couldn't film anywhere that wasn't enclosed and included the end zone.

I really don't want to sound flippant here, but can everyone get off the frickin I'm smarter than you chatter? I know from your past posts that you like to be regarded as the smart one. I like to be funny. Everyone has their thing.

I get it you're smart, but guess what? You don't know everything there is to know in life. The fact is, you did mis-state some of the rules. Accept it, move on. There's no shame in admitting you were wrong, trust me, you'll get more respect.

I hate the fact that women have an inate ability to see through the BS and talk common-sense!;)

Last edited:
The rule we supposedly broke said you couldn't film anywhere that wasn't enclosed and included the end zone.

the rule WE broke said this (this was emphasized in a 2006 NFL memo, sorry if that doesn't count as a real rule for some of you)

"Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

I'm not trying to sound smarter than anybody here - I'm simply stating facts. I'm the one being attacked, called stupid, and an idiot for stating these facts.

the rule WE broke said this (this was emphasized in a 2006 NFL memo, sorry if that doesn't count as a real rule for some of you)

"Videotaping of any type, including but not limited to taping of an opponent's offensive or defensive signals, is prohibited on the sidelines, in the coaches' booth, in the locker room, or at any other locations accessible to club staff members during the game."

I'm not trying to sound smarter than anybody here - I'm simply stating facts. I'm the one being attacked, called stupid, and an idiot for stating these facts.

Isn't there another part of it though? I've read them so much I should know them. There's something about enclosed location and roofs over head.

Isn't there another part of it though? I've read them so much I should know them. There's something about enclosed location and roofs over head.

from Mike Reiss:

the NFL's operations manual states that "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game."

Furthermore, all video shooting locations for coaching purposes "must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

the Pats violated the rule detailed in the memo. I'm not sure if it violated the rule set forth in the manual or not...though it sounds like they did.

re: the Jets, the NFL has stated has the 'roof' thing didn't matter in the Jets case b/c the Pats gave permission for them to be there. (the Pats say no such permission was given...he said, she said)

but that is a completely different case than the Pats.

Last edited:
Its motivational to see a Baltimore team that we are statiscally better than, manhandle the PATS.

The Pats have beaten a lot of teams this year that are statistically better than the Ravens...and the Jags. So?

If everything is OK with the Jets filming the Pats, then let them provide proof of the permission. Withn that proof I would be happy to let it go.
Of course in the reality based universe do you think there is a chance in a million that Belichick would give Mangini permission to do the taping then revoke it as Mangini claims.

Wow. I guess our guys should go and throw in the towel. Except, we cant stop watching the Ravens beat you guys. Its motivational to see a Baltimore team that we are statiscally better than, manhandle the PATS. Should we win, we should strike a deal to go ahead and dye the Boston harbor waters Teal throughout the playoffs.

Last refuge of a loser. Taking comfort in the loss of a team that ended the season on a string of multiple losses.

The Pats have beaten a lot of teams this year that are statistically better than the Ravens...and the Jags. So?

He can have the statistical victory. We'll take the points on the scoreboard.

from Mike Reiss:

the NFL's operations manual states that "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game."

Furthermore, all video shooting locations for coaching purposes "must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

the Pats violated the rule detailed in the memo. I'm not sure if it violated the rule set forth in the manual or not...though it sounds like they did.

re: the Jets, the NFL has stated has the 'roof' thing didn't matter in the Jets case b/c the Pats gave permission for them to be there. (the Pats say no such permission was given...he said, she said)

but that is a completely different case than the Pats.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. So now you can be given PERMISSION to violate rules?

Is that right?

So, if the Patriots cameraman had said, "That Jets employee over there gave me permission," the Patriots would have been in the clear?

What you're saying is patently preposterous. With every post you dig a bigger hole for yourself.

So, then, why is the NFL ok with the Jets violating this rule? They admitted they did it.

This makes absolutely no sense at all. So now you can be given PERMISSION to violate rules?

Is that right?

So, if the Patriots cameraman had said, "That Jets employee over there gave me permission," the Patriots would have been in the clear?

What you're saying is patently preposterous. With every post you dig a bigger hole for yourself.

it's not my hole man, I'm just saying what the NFL states. I don't think they have made an official statement re: the overhead roof, but I would think that since it's longstanding policy that teams can ask/receive permission to tape from the end zones, that makes it ok.

So, then, why is the NFL ok with the Jets violating this rule? They admitted they did it.

lol, good job making stuff up again. the Jets did NOT admit to taping coaching signals.

lol, no, they didn't. the Jets said they had permission, and the NFL said that if they have permission, it's ok to tape from where they were.

the Pats said they didn't.

hence, he said/she said.

but there is no evidence of any wrongdoing, and the Jets claim they had permission.

please stop making stuff up

So, according to your idiocy, if the Patriots had simply said we have permission, that would have been good enough for the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back