PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jackson stinkin up the joint at todays practice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Andy Hart for the most part, but he does tend to pick on players he is down on. He picked on Kelly Washington all training camp last year. Washington overcame it. Hopefully, Jackson will too.
Just another reason why the PFWs are a joke.

Doesn't anyone remember when David Givens first got here.He had stone fingers,ran poor routes and jumped up to catch passes 4 feet off the ground.

He then quietly,worked hard,played ST's and established a rapport with both TB and the coaching staff.

This kid is 23 yrs old getting too much scrutiny from the media and the fans.

Name the 4th or 5th receiver on the Colts,Cowboys,Giants,SD,Pitts,GB or Clevland.

...can't?...me neither...because it doesn't matter.This offense of Wr's,Te's and running backs is 'friggin loaded.

If CJ makes a couple of plays,fine,I'll be happy...if not,he's still on a rookie contract,so it would be stupid to let him go.

Andy Hart is a reporter who can't spell "through". Just saying.

I can't understand how some fans cannot accept that Jackson might be a total bust....There is no spin, reports like this have been circulating around since the kid was drafted.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think we have Bethal Johnson 2.0 on our hands.

Last edited:
Doesn't anyone remember when David Givens first got here.He had stone fingers,ran poor routes and jumped up to catch passes 4 feet off the ground.

He then quietly,worked hard,played ST's and established a rapport with both TB and the coaching staff.

This kid is 23 yrs old getting too much scrutiny from the media and the fans.

Name the 4th or 5th receiver on the Colts,Cowboys,Giants,SD,Pitts,GB or Clevland.

...can't?...me neither...because it doesn't matter.This offense of Wr's,Te's and running backs is 'friggin loaded.

If CJ makes a couple of plays,fine,I'll be happy...if not,he's still on a rookie contract,so it would be stupid to let him go.

Spot on :woohoo:

I think he wants to get cut so he can try again on a less talented team.

I think the proof is in the pudding today. Reiss hardly even made a mention of Chad "stinking it up." Just another example of a writer (Hart) completely over exagerating something to stir the pot. Relax people.

I think the proof is in the pudding today. Reiss hardly even made a mention of Chad "stinking it up." Just another example of a writer (Hart) completely over exagerating something to stir the pot. Relax people.

In fairness of balace, Shalise Manza Young had this to say about Jackson:
** In 7-on-7 work, Tom Brady threw deep for Chad Jackson, who had good separation on Ellis Hobbs. But the ball went off the hands of the struggling Jackson, who started camp well but has not maintained that level as the days have passed. Jeff Shoate broke up a pass intended for Jackson for Matt Cassel during this drill.

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/2008/08/training-camp-s-17.html

Granted it does go against the argument that Jackson can't get separation or ran the wrong route, but doesn't say much for his hands on those particular plays.

Neither SMY or Reiss mentioned his "demotion" in the punt return or his getting a dressing down on the gunner unit.

We keep talkin' about Jackson because we already know what his eventuall fate will be, we are just waiting for the other shoe to drop. Apologists and haters alike......

In fairness of balace, Shalise Manza Young had this to say about Jackson:

http://www.beloblog.com/ProJo_Blogs/PatsBlog/2008/08/training-camp-s-17.html

Granted it does go against the argument that Jackson can't get separation or ran the wrong route, but doesn't say much for his hands on those particular plays.

Neither SMY or Reiss mentioned his "demotion" in the punt return or his getting a dressing down on the gunner unit.

Reiss obviously mentioned the drop too, but considering Guregian also made little to no mention, I have trouble believing the sky is falling. Not to mention that Guregian did mention that CJ got first team reps today, unlike last practice.

I can't understand how some fans cannot accept that Jackson might be a total bust....There is no spin, reports like this have been circulating around since the kid was drafted.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I think we have Bethal Johnson 2.0 on our hands.

It's just too soon to make predictions. He MIGHT end up in the bust category but then again he MIGHT develop with more play time. Either way, he's not exactly expected to carry the Pats, he's one among many here. What's the expectation for a 4th or 5th WR? If he can do a good job filling in on certain plays,even if he's just a decoy for Moss- I'd be happy. And if CJ suddenly "gets it" and plays up to his ability then all the better.
Hopefully we get to see him again on Sunday.

I get a kick out of this stuff. People on a message board trash Chad Jackson, and make their own conclusion about his future, which turns into people saying he lacks confidence because everyone is down on him. HELLO. Chad Jackson could give a crap about what the media or fans think of his play or future, because he is getting CONSTANT FEEDBACK from the coaching staff.
Do you really think the coaching staff is telling him 'you run bad routes, you are a bust'? If you do, you need to get a life.
He is being assessed on a daily basis, and receiving feedback about what he is doing, instruction to improve, and positive and negative reinforcement where needed. He is not affected by what some guy on a message board or Andy Hart thinks.
If he were deemed a bust by BB and the staff, he would be gone. Instead he is being given a clear opportunity for a much larger role on the team.
What is Chad Jackson thinking?
I have things the coaches want me to work on, and I have a lot of competition for my job. I want to do better today than I did yesterday.
In other words, exactly what everyone else in training camp is thinking.

How much truth or not is subject to opinion of course. But when you eliminate one major obsticle(Stallworth) between him and the field....and you are 2 years removed from injury.....this SHOULD be his time. The truth is that it SHOULD be news when he has a bad practice because he is SUPPOSED to be having GREAT practices. He may well be the type content to have a job and wont make that extra effort it takes to be the best. I think BB may realize that soon enough and rookie contract or no an example should be made, little things like effort(see David Tyree--ouch!)are the differences on the field.

Do you really think the coaching staff is telling him 'you run bad routes, you are a bust'? If you do, you need to get a life.

That is funny. They probably should tell him that, maybe then he'd start running the right routes and stop dropping balls.

just joking.

kinda.

Last edited:
it must suck being another receiver trying to make this team, seeing jackson suck, and worrying that the Pats will cut them and keep him for another year based on some of the same excuses that we read on this board.
I didn't know BB read this board and used our posts as reasons to keep or cut players. That's awesome!

Jackson's a bust when/if Belichick cuts him. Pretty simple way to determine it IMO. :D

I get a kick out of this stuff. People on a message board trash Chad Jackson, and make their own conclusion about his future, which turns into people saying he lacks confidence because everyone is down on him. HELLO. Chad Jackson could give a crap about what the media or fans think of his play or future, because he is getting CONSTANT FEEDBACK from the coaching staff.
He is being assessed on a daily basis, and receiving feedback about what he is doing, instruction to improve, and positive and negative reinforcement where needed. He is not affected by what some guy on a message board or Andy Hart thinks.
If he were deemed a bust by BB and the staff, he would be gone. Instead he is being given a clear opportunity for a much larger role on the team.
What is Chad Jackson thinking?
I have things the coaches want me to work on, and I have a lot of competition for my job. I want to do better today than I did yesterday.
In other words, exactly what everyone else in training camp is thinking.

I assume a lot of this might have been directed at me after what I said about the outside pressure. If you think the outside pressure doesn't affect him in the slightest, you are even more naive than I initially thought. It SHOULDN'T affect him, but there's a reason a lot of people can't play in Boston.

I didn't know BB read this board and used our posts as reasons to keep or cut players. That's awesome!

Yes he does exactly what we say on this board. He'll read what we post, won't even think about exactly what it says, and then act based on that.

Jackson's a bust when/if Belichick cuts him. Pretty simple way to determine it IMO. :D
no i would say a bust is not getting on the field making plays, so your telling me if he is on the 53 roster but never contributes he is a success???

I assume a lot of this might have been directed at me after what I said about the outside pressure. If you think the outside pressure doesn't affect him in the slightest, you are even more naive than I initially thought. It SHOULDN'T affect him, but there's a reason a lot of people can't play in Boston.

That's true of the Red Sox and Celtics, but I can't think of a player in the BB regime that succumbed to the media to the point it effected his performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back