PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's a boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put some pads on him and helmet, he will be our new wide reciever!

Not yet. They're going to red-shirt him for a week. He's day to day right now anyway with a sore belly button:D

all the best ! auguri !

Oh stuff a sock in it. I'm surrounded by family members who were raised in two parent homes who are alchoholics, drug addicts, convicts, irresponsible screw ups, and like you one in particular is an image conscious, holier than thou, judgemental prick. They all had two sets of parents without an iota of parenting skills between them. I've got lots of friends who are still in therapy in their 60's because their loveless parents stayed together and made everyone's life unpleasant. Try managing your emotions when your parents live together and never agree, it's over rated. Almost 50% of first marriages end in divorce irrespective of the children, and in half of those that don't the kids arguably would have been better off emotionally in the long run if they had. The financial concerns that stress many multi-household families won't effect these two.

You have no idea how this couple will raise their child. They may manage that endeavor just fine with two strong and devoted extended families supporting them. It may not be the perfect situation, but all too few of them are nowadays regardless of parental marital status.

Hey Mo, you really do rock!!!

Just out of curiousity, which alternative are you recommending? Celibacy into his 30s, abortion, or agreeing to a bitter, loveless marriage to his ex for the child's sake? (The benefits to children of a 2-parent household are amply documented, but that presumably is based on a strong majority of happy 2-parent households where the parents wanted to be married!)

Life happens. The situation may not be the ideal, but conscientious, loving parents can make it work. Here's to a long, happy, love-filled life for the little fella. Oh, and John Hannah recommends wrestling practice as soon as possible. :)

Well said. Not to mention, Brady can't unilaterally marry Bridget. Maybe he asked and she wanted to go on her own? Maybe she lied to him about the whole thing? Who knows! It's just stupid to speculate on it. We just don't know anything (nor should we) about the situation. What we do know -- that they were together 3 years -- is that whatever went down, it was not some weekend fling of irresponsibility.

People are complicated. Marriage and parenting is by far the hardest thing anyone will ever do. What matters in life is how you respond to it.

Last edited:
Oh stuff a sock in it. I'm surrounded by family members who were raised in two parent homes who are alchoholics, drug addicts, convicts, irresponsible screw ups, and like you one in particular is an image conscious, holier than thou, judgemental prick. They all had two sets of parents without an iota of parenting skills between them. I've got lots of friends who are still in therapy in their 60's because their loveless parents stayed together and made everyone's life unpleasant. Try managing your emotions when your parents live together and never agree, it's over rated. Almost 50% of first marriages end in divorce irrespective of the children, and in half of those that don't the kids arguably would have been better off emotionally in the long run if they had. The financial concerns that stress many multi-household families won't effect these two.

You have no idea how this couple will raise their child. They may manage that endeavor just fine with two strong and devoted extended families supporting them. It may not be the perfect situation, but all too few of them are nowadays regardless of parental marital status.

Well said Mo...

Well said. Not to mention, Brady can't unilaterally marry Bridget. Maybe he asked and she wanted to go on her own? Maybe she lied to him about the whole thing? Who knows! It's just stupid to speculate on it. We just don't know anything (nor should we) about the situation. What we do know -- that they were together 3 years -- is that whatever went down, it was not some weekend fling of irresponsibility.

People are complicated. Marriage and parenting is by far the hardest thing anyone will ever do. What matters in life is how you respond to it.

I agree, well said by both posters. Look, the child will have 3 sets of loving grandparents, along with Tom and Bridget, to nurture him and teach him right from wrong. Hopefully the child will realize the work effort put out by his mom and dad on a daily basis and have that same trait. I am not too sure if Bridget M. wanted this or not, only she really knows that for sure. I think probably Tom did not.

Either way they are two classsy people that will make the right choices for their child. Where Gisele comes into this who knows, I would like to think that while the baby is around her, she will be helpful and caring, as it is Tom's child.

Congrats to the parents and grandparents! I know they will take this situation and turn it into a positive that it obviously is, as all of us know with our own children, there is a lot of love there for sure...

:)

Miss Moynahan made, in strictly biological terms, a very good choice indeed. There is increasing evidence that children inherit their intelligence mostly from their mother. So, if the mother is smart (which is how TB described her), her most effective strategy to produce the best child is to reproduce with a man who is handsome so the child has both intelligence and a pleasing physical appearance. That makes a big difference so I'm told though I wouldn't know from personal experience.

In any event, it means more work for Mr. Brady. Remember Phipher and his weekly bi-coastal parenting trips? Having this child may make Tom's life a richer experience but it isn't going to make it easier that's for sure.

He was born in the best month possible! GO TEAM VIRGO! :D

He was born in the best month possible! GO TEAM VIRGO! :D

Turning 30 on the 27th!

Anyone wants to buy me a gift, the autographed cheerleader pics are appreciated!

Turning 30 on the 27th!

Anyone wants to buy me a gift, the autographed cheerleader pics are appreciated!

<---is 34 today. That damn Brady baby just missed my b-day by a couple of hours!

<---is 34 today. That damn Brady baby just missed my b-day by a couple of hours!

Happy birthday, Fix-It. Your present should be there, we hope, in the form of a win (and no injuries), sometime tomorrow night.

Did they give the Kid a name yet, any word on how big of a baby it was etc.

Happy birthday, Fix-It. Your present should be there, we hope, in the form of a win (and no injuries), sometime tomorrow night.

You know what? No injuries would be a great gift.

Name: William (seriously, this is what was reported)
William Patrick Moynahan Brady

Size: 7lbs 14

Last edited:
Just out of curiousity, which alternative are you recommending? Celibacy into his 30s, abortion, or agreeing to a bitter, loveless marriage to his ex for the child's sake? (The benefits to children of a 2-parent household are amply documented, but that presumably is based on a strong majority of happy 2-parent households where the parents wanted to be married!)

Life happens. The situation may not be the ideal, but conscientious, loving parents can make it work. Here's to a long, happy, love-filled life for the little fella. Oh, and John Hannah recommends wrestling practice as soon as possible. :)

What I'm recommending - use birth control. Is that some kind of secret? Even the most basic birth control, condoms, has something like a 99.99% success rate when used properly.

"Life Happens" What does that mean? It's OK to impregnate someone you have a "loveless" relationship with?

I'm disappointed with Brady for starting fatherhood this way. Teens and younger who look up to him - and there are surely millions - saw a guy who has steadfastly stood for what's right about sports and team and winning, go out and do something they're being told by their parents, teachers and society is exactly what they shouldn't do. Certainly it's a bit confusing...

Congratulations to the parents.
Best wishes to the child. Welcome to Earth.
That being said I'm disappointed that yet another child will lack a stable, loving 2 parent familiy. Tom's father said publicly he was not pleased about the situation; I share his sentiment and perspective. I fully expect all the Gparents to be thrilled at the new little bowser.

Even the most basic birth control, condoms, has something like a 99.99% success rate when used properly.

Actually, 98% when used properly according to every study I've seen. You're off by a factor of 200. It's really not the point anyway, but randomly generated "stats" are bad news.

What I'm recommending - use birth control. Is that some kind of secret? Even the most basic birth control, condoms, has something like a 99.99% success rate when used properly.

"Life Happens" What does that mean? It's OK to impregnate someone you have a "loveless" relationship with?

I'm disappointed with Brady for starting fatherhood this way. Teens and younger who look up to him - and there are surely millions - saw a guy who has steadfastly stood for what's right about sports and team and winning, go out and do something they're being told by their parents, teachers and society is exactly what they shouldn't do. Certainly it's a bit confusing...

You REALLY don't get it, do you?

Now I know why you were told to stick a sock in it, because anything less is just not going to get the job done with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back