PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's a boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats to Bridget and Tom.

I still remember Jimmy Johnson as coach of the 'phins skip the funeral of his mother to coach a game. What a jack@ss.

Agreed. At least she could have held on a day longer so that he didn't have to miss the game. Besides, once she is dead, could they not delay the funeral a day or two.

Erdoboy - But it was a Dolphin being an arse, so why is anyone surprised.

I'm happy for Tom but I can really enjoy it now that I know he will be playing in Charlotte Friday night

Don't count on it. I suspect that Belichick will bench him for leaving the team.

BB has a history of not playing players who weren't involved in the game preparation during the week. This team is all about the prep work. Tom knows. I'll bet Cassel will be our starter on Friday.

Dont count on it. I suspect that Belichick will bench him for leaving the team.

BB has a history of not playing players who weren't involved in the game preparation during the week. This team is all about the prep work. Tom knows. I'll bet Cassell will be our starter on Friday.

I expect Mr. Kraft to personally fire him and have him publicly hand in his uniform. And afterward, walk him over to the Jets in shame. Or maybe a lynching could be held in Foxboro; t'would be festive. ;)

I'm glad the baby is healthy (unless we don't know something) but all the congrats for Tom and Bridget are overdone IMHO. Born into financial fortune, this baby will never be poor but is nonetheless the result of an irresponsible act by his mother and father. He will be dragged back and forth on airplanes his entire childhood, forced to endure explanations of why Brady wouldn't marry his mom and also wonder the same thing himself.

If you guess i'm some right-wing Bible thumping nut then you're 100% wrong. I've just seen up close the difficulties children split between two households have to come to grips with; just because your dad is the greatest active NFL QB will not change what it feels like for a child to have to manage his emotions when mom and dad live far apart and/or don't agree.

It should hardly be celebrated that Brady owned up to his fatherhood, anything less would make him a lowly snake. Ask Brady and Bridget in their truest moments and I'm certain they will both admit they should have either not become pregnant or made sure they were willing to raise their child together.

Any child is a true wonder to behold and that is why they deserve better than what Tommy's son will get from the arrangements his dad has made.

Don't count on it. I suspect that Belichick will bench him for leaving the team.

BB has a history of not playing players who weren't involved in the game preparation during the week. This team is all about the prep work. Tom knows. I'll bet Cassel will be our starter on Friday.

Not exactly. He only benches them if they don't return when they were supposed to. And even then, only for a quarter...

I'm sure this was all approved in advance, and it would be for any player - not to mention in the pre season and for the guy who has earned permanent dibs on that primo parking spot...

I'm glad the baby is healthy (unless we don't know something) but all the congrats for Tom and Bridget are overdone IMHO. Born into financial fortune, this baby will never be poor but is nonetheless the result of an irresponsible act by his mother and father. He will be dragged back and forth on airplanes his entire childhood, forced to endure explanations of why Brady wouldn't marry his mom and also wonder the same thing himself.

If you guess i'm some right-wing Bible thumping nut then you're 100% wrong. I've just seen up close the difficulties children split between two households have to come to grips with; just because your dad is the greatest active NFL QB will not change what it feels like for a child to have to manage his emotions when mom and dad live far apart and/or don't agree.

It should hardly be celebrated that Brady owned up to his fatherhood, anything less would make him a lowly snake. Ask Brady and Bridget in their truest moments and I'm certain they will both admit they should have either not become pregnant or made sure they were willing to raise their child together.

Any child is a true wonder to behold and that is why they deserve better than what Tommy's son will get from the arrangements his dad has made.

Dragged smagged...

Having a 2x Super Bowl MVP winning dad is cool no matter how you slice it!! :rocker: :rocker:

You are speculating about some things we just don't know about. Personally, I think Bridget absolutely intended to get pregnant. I think she is smart enough to know what kind of birth control she uses. But that is just as speculative as what you are saying....

As far as the 'grim' future of Brady's child, that remains to be seen. I think a lot of children deserve better than they get, but the world continues to turn. I am guessing the boy will not suffer from a lack of love or devotion.

To me this simply seems like a life event that happened and now they will hopefully deal with it in a mature manner. Hopefully we won't all over dramatize the situation.

Oh stuff a sock in it. I'm surrounded by family members who were raised in two parent homes who are alchoholics, drug addicts, convicts, irresponsible screw ups, and like you one in particular is an image conscious, holier than thou, judgemental prick. They all had two sets of parents without an iota of parenting skills between them. I've got lots of friends who are still in therapy in their 60's because their loveless parents stayed together and made everyone's life unpleasant. Try managing your emotions when your parents live together and never agree, it's over rated. Almost 50% of first marriages end in divorce irrespective of the children, and in half of those that don't the kids arguably would have been better off emotionally in the long run if they had. The financial concerns that stress many multi-household families won't effect these two.

You have no idea how this couple will raise their child. They may manage that endeavor just fine with two strong and devoted extended families supporting them. It may not be the perfect situation, but all too few of them are nowadays regardless of parental marital status.

Seriously, this should be a time for celebrating the fact that Brady has a healthy son. Not lecturing people on the importance of saving yourself for marriage. Theres nothing irresponsable about having a child when your 30 even if it happens to be with your ex-gf. I'm sure Brady will never regret having his son brought into the world because he's going to love him so much.

Well said, but remember that there are exceptions to every sociological rule.

Last edited:
Put some pads on him and helmet, he will be our new wide reciever!

Oh stuff a sock in it. I'm surrounded by family members who were raised in two parent homes who are alchoholics, drug addicts, convicts, irresponsible screw ups, and like you one in particular is an image conscious, holier than thou, judgemental prick. They all had two sets of parents without an iota of parenting skills between them. I've got lots of friends who are still in therapy in their 60's because their loveless parents stayed together and made everyone's life unpleasant. Try managing your emotions when your parents live together and never agree, it's over rated. Almost 50% of first marriages end in divorce irrespective of the children, and in half of those that don't the kids arguably would have been better off emotionally in the long run if they had. The financial concerns that stress many multi-household families won't effect these two.

You have no idea how this couple will raise their child. They may manage that endeavor just fine with two strong and devoted extended families supporting them. It may not be the perfect situation, but all too few of them are nowadays regardless of parental marital status.

Dude, you can't see the forest through your own trees. Reams and reams of evidence point out that kids raised with two parents in the house end up in better shape in school, life and love. You sound like you're advocating spawning like salmon.

Brady has often noted he is considered a role model, like it or not. What kind of behavior is having your first child out of wedlock with a woman you don't intend to marry for a role model? Are you saying it's fine to tell youngsters not to worry about who you have kids with as long as you can pay for it?

Are you saying it's fine to tell youngsters not to worry about who you have kids with as long as you can pay for it?

Welcome to post-1940s society, enjoy your stay.

Honestly, when was the last time any athlete was held to a standard for the moral practices? I mean the NBA practically below that out of the water 30 years ago.

Dude, you can't see the forest through your own trees. Reams and reams of evidence point out that kids raised with two parents in the house end up in better shape in school, life and love. You sound like you're advocating spawning like salmon.

Brady has often noted he is considered a role model, like it or not. What kind of behavior is having your first child out of wedlock with a woman you don't intend to marry for a role model? Are you saying it's fine to tell youngsters not to worry about who you have kids with as long as you can pay for it?

Just out of curiousity, which alternative are you recommending? Celibacy into his 30s, abortion, or agreeing to a bitter, loveless marriage to his ex for the child's sake? (The benefits to children of a 2-parent household are amply documented, but that presumably is based on a strong majority of happy 2-parent households where the parents wanted to be married!)

Life happens. The situation may not be the ideal, but conscientious, loving parents can make it work. Here's to a long, happy, love-filled life for the little fella. Oh, and John Hannah recommends wrestling practice as soon as possible. :)

Congrats to the Brady family.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an announcement that Brady is taking next week off as the 4th preseason contest is a nothing game.
most athletes dont take weeks off for a birth,

Just out of curiousity, which alternative are you recommending? Celibacy into his 30s, abortion, or agreeing to a bitter, loveless marriage to his ex for the child's sake? (The benefits to children of a 2-parent household are amply documented, but that presumably is based on a strong majority of happy 2-parent households where the parents wanted to be married!)

Life happens. The situation may not be the ideal, but conscientious, loving parents can make it work. Here's to a long, happy, love-filled life for the little fella. Oh, and John Hannah recommends wrestling practice as soon as possible. :)

Worth repeating. Good, loving parents make it work.

BBB, you sound ridiculous.

Why don't we give them a chance to be parents before deciding they suck at it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back