PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It may not be as crazy as you think. Who you trade for the Browns first round pick #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Cousins,
Just doing a little home work. The Browns as still a QB away(although Hoyer played well). They have two first rounders with #26 from the Colts. They also need a RB pretty badly.

Knowing Lombardi has always like Mallet, would you offer up both Mallet and RB Stevan Ridley for the Browns first round pick at #4? I think it's fair.

Thoughts?
Just think of the options: If the Draft goes Bortles, Matthews and Bridgewater, you have Clowney and Watkins to pick from. I might throw is a our first rounder and see if we can pry TE Jordan Cameron from them.

Its not as nuts as it sounds. The Browns still get two first rounders, Mallet and Ridley for their own at #4 and Cameron.

Can the Browns count on a Bridgewater who is lighter than advertised or Manziel to mature fast enough?

I would suspect Mallet still has the best arm of those three. In Cleveland, a big arm QB is important on the lake. If they resign Mack (plenty of CAP room), the Browns O Line might be better than the Patriots in all reality.

Interesting thought? Or not?

DW Toys

Re: It may not be as crazy as you think. Who you trade for the Browns first round pic

How is a back up QB and a Running Back coming off somewhat of a down year for pick 4 fair to the Browns? Granted I see Mallet does have potential but that's highway robbery on behalf of the Patriots.

It's no knock on Ridley but the Browns could easily select a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round and look for decent production from day one.

Re: It may not be as crazy as you think. Who you trade for the Browns first round pic

You seriously think Cleveland would give up #4 and Cameron for #29,Mallet and Ridley?

Atlanta in 2011 to move up from 27th to 6 gave up a 1st 2nd and 4th in 2011 and a 1st and 4th in 2012

And why would Cleveland take 2 players who are UFA's at end of 2014?

I'd offer them both for their 2nd round pick.

No, not crazy at all. Jake Bequette should fetch their 2nd and 3rd rounders too. Then Kenbrell Tompkins straight up for Josh Gordon. How about Isaac Sopoaga for Phil Taylor.... Yeah, that's the ticket.

I think you're a bit off on this one, Cousin.

Not going to happen, we can start to dream with a trade from 3rd round on

Actually Browns can be a good trading partner, look at their picks

1st Round Pick:
1st Round Pick (IND):
2nd Round Pick:
3rd Round Pick:
3rd Round Pick (PIT):
4th Round Pick:
4th Round Pick (IND):
5th Round Pick:
6th Round Pick:
7th Round Pick:

They're lock and loaded to make a splash and considering the fact that the Ravens and Steelers are far away from being top contenders and Cincinatti are pretenders, with the right piece under center they can look for a 9 win season at least.

The question is who will be this qb

Lombardi would be fired after presenting this one to Haslam.

Not going to happen, we can start to dream with a trade from 3rd round on

Actually Browns can be a good trading partner, look at their picks

1st Round Pick:
1st Round Pick (IND):
2nd Round Pick:
3rd Round Pick:
3rd Round Pick (PIT):
4th Round Pick:
4th Round Pick (IND):
5th Round Pick:
6th Round Pick:
7th Round Pick:

They're lock and loaded to make a splash and considering the fact that the Ravens and Steelers are far away from being top contenders and Cincinatti are pretenders, with the right piece under center they can look for a 9 win season at least.

The question is who will be this qb
If anyone in the Browns FO has half a brain, they'll parlay some of those picks into future drafts and give themselves yearly draft flexibility adhering to Belichick's former stockpiling of future picks.

The Browns are set up to become a draft force if they use the myriad of picks they have this year well not only for this season but for years to come.

Your idea is indeed as nuts as it sounds.

I suppose, we could offer Mallet and Ridley for their 26th pick and Hoyer, assuming that Blount was re-signed and Vereen extended..

Cousins,
Just doing a little home work. The Browns as still a QB away(although Hoyer played well). They have two first rounders with #26 from the Colts. They also need a RB pretty badly.

Knowing Lombardi has always like Mallet, would you offer up both Mallet and RB Stevan Ridley for the Browns first round pick at #4? I think it's fair.

Thoughts?
Just think of the options: If the Draft goes Bortles, Matthews and Bridgewater, you have Clowney and Watkins to pick from. I might throw is a our first rounder and see if we can pry TE Jordan Cameron from them.

Its not as nuts as it sounds. The Browns still get two first rounders, Mallet and Ridley for their own at #4 and Cameron.

Can the Browns count on a Bridgewater who is lighter than advertised or Manziel to mature fast enough?

I would suspect Mallet still has the best arm of those three. In Cleveland, a big arm QB is important on the lake. If they resign Mack (plenty of CAP room), the Browns O Line might be better than the Patriots in all reality.

Interesting thought? Or not?

DW Toys

trade-value-chart.jpg

They would probably need to trade Mallett, their first, and their second or third.

They would probably need to trade Mallett, their first, and their second or third.

Mallett and their entire draft might not be enough, and #4 doesn't guarantee you Clowney.

Cousins,

Thoughts?

Yes it is as nuts as it sounds. If they offered Mallett and Ridley for the #4 pick, they'd be laughed out of Ohio.

The fact that they have another 1st rounder is irrelevant. We'd be lucky to get a day 2 pick for those guys (and I say that without knowing offhand what their contract status is). The #4 overall is ridiculous.

Your idea is indeed as nuts as it sounds.

I suppose, we could offer Mallet and Ridley for their 26th pick and Hoyer, assuming that Blount was re-signed and Vereen extended..
Even that would be ridiculous. I doubt Cleveland would give up anything in the 1st 4 rounds for either of those players.

I still don't understand why Mallett is presumed by some to be a valuable commodity for trade purposes. He might as well have a big question mark on his jersey instead of a number. The only thing suggesting his having ability is BB's willingness to keep him as Brady's sole backup.

Mallett and their entire draft might not be enough, and #4 doesn't guarantee you Clowney.
This past year proved how overrated Clowney was at this time last year. The guy had one stellar play against Michigan in a bowl game and, thanks to the fact that ESPN showed that play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over during the offseason last summer, he was elevated to a level of talent that he didn't deserve.

He had a good-but-not-great 2013 campaign and there were even whispers of Coach Spurrier being unhappy with his work ethic and dedication. He will be a high pick, but doesn't deserve to be.

No, not crazy at all. Jake Bequette should fetch their 2nd and 3rd rounders too. Then Kenbrell Tompkins straight up for Josh Gordon. How about Isaac Sopoaga for Phil Taylor.... Yeah, that's the ticket.

No we need to keep jake . 1st rounder should be the only consideration for the amazing bequette

This past year proved how overrated Clowney was at this time last year. The guy had one stellar play against Michigan in a bowl game and, thanks to the fact that ESPN showed that play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over during the offseason last summer, he was elevated to a level of talent that he didn't deserve.

He had a good-but-not-great 2013 campaign and there were even whispers of Coach Spurrier being unhappy with his work ethic and dedication. He will be a high pick, but doesn't deserve to be.

He was incredible in 2012 and pretty much by everyone's analysis he didn't put max effort into every play this year for fear of injury and hurting his stock. Now think what you want about what that says about his dedication, but it is essentially universal opinion by anyone that knows anything about these things that he is absolutely a physical freak who has the highest potential on the defensive side of the ball of anyone in this entire draft. And it isn't even close.

If I'm NE and this guy is there at #4 (assuming the Pats had the #4, as this OP hypothesizes), I'd absolutely want Clowney there. Him and Chandler Jones, together? Are you kidding me?

Agreed on both counts. They'd need to give up a 2014 #1, a 2015 #1, and a 2014 #2, #3, and maybe another player. Something insane like that.

In other words, of course it is never going to happen.

But it's the offseason, and we're in dream mode, so why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back