PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this the worst FA period for the Pats in the last 10 Years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DW Toys

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Cousins,
We all agree this is a great Football club and Coach. I have seen the forum fights back and forth about whether the Pats are better today than when the last second of the Super Bowl happened. In all honesty they are not. The obvious hole being CB.

Most of us would have been happy during this FA period if Revis was our main signing. The $39mm he got from the Jets was only a million a year more (guaranteed) than we gave him last year and with all of the Pats resources they could not pull the trigger? They had a year to figure a way to sign Revis. There is no excuse or spin for losing him to all you Kool Aid drinkers. Epic fail.

Browner was good not great but we could have kept his hard ass presence. Not crying.

We overpayed and signed a FS who is "O.K" but not an Ed Reed. He is the second highest paid FS in the league...Crazy that we could not think Revis was worth more. Most on this forum says Revis.

Some one did this but I will again.
QB=Great
RB=O.K. we lost one but not that big a deal (missed on Bush, missed on Spiller)
TE=We pick up a decent back up. Nothing to see here but we have good TEs.
WR=We are still trying to figure out if Dobson is a bust so we are searching WRs (missed on Harvin, Missed on Johnson).
OL= Connolly can be replaced with a guy a lot younger and can still do multi positions in Stefan Wesniewski and he still sits or even Blaylock would be an upgrade) A head scratcher.

DL=We lose Wilfork. O.K. I might get the age thing. Branch resign was a must do.In the mean time (missed on this kid Walker who was a backup anyway, missed on Knighton at stupid cheap money, missed on Fairley even for more stupid cheap money, Starks? ) Rubin sits. Is he not a value and young? Now Bennett wants out of Seattle. I would throw a first rounder for him. He wants to up his $7mm a year salary. I think he is worth more. Would Pete let us have him? Doesn't matter. BB is hunkering down.

Good one in Sheard signing

LB=Bad one in letting Ayers for for $3mm per year. Good player!

We lost Cassilas a great ST player and could not get the Gachkar kid to even sign with us to replace him.

CB= I think we have beat this to death. Both starting Niner CBS who were young and had good production were fairly cheap and nyet on them (missed those two and Tramon Williams) All three of those better than we have. The had their chance at 3 young starting CBs. We passed.

S=Same but we are paying more and through the nose.

We have lost five great/good players on the Defense
We have lost SB hero Vareen and Connolly (meh) on the offense.

We know of eight players that have spurned us (that we know of) to be signed by other Teams. Either we are not stepping up to the plate financially or there is some master plan. I think the former...but we have the greatest CAP plan in the NFL!!! Woop!

There is only 17% chance that our Draft picks will be successful and on the Pats roster via the Draft in three years. Some of those only JAGs. I know we have some build-from-the-Drafters but we needs some players that can play now as well.

I know we are never full all-in in the FA season, but I have never seen us so non aggressive even on the left overs. I have never see so many players spurn a previous SB champ Team. We have gotten out asses kicked on 8 that we know of (not including some camp filler signings)

What is going on Gentlemen? Thoughts? Are we so hypnotized by BB that we think we have a Team as good as last year? Are the SB winner F.O. a little arrogant in their dealings? Are we so accustomed to success that we should not have the audacity to ***** a little when the Pats are actually missing?

Is not the Mantra "Do Your Job" part of BBs best used lines (as in GM moves?). Is "Whats Best for the Team" happening right now? You tell me.

Love BB as the best coach ever but what is going on?

DW Toys

You're complaining about losing Ayers and Casillas in FA, of all ****ing people, literally one month after the Pats won the SB. Your agenda is showing.

It's freaking March. Free agency is just one element in team-building. There are trades, other teams cutting people, the draft, injured players recovering and other phases to come. I understand some degree of angst over the free agency developments, but this roster is far, far from set. I guarantee it.

but what is going on?
Some fans are whining, that's what's mostly going on.

The cap makes the whole process zero sum - you spend more on one player, you have less to spend on others. It's really, really easy to sign free agents if you are willing to overpay. It's not Kraft being "cheap" as some have claimed - it's Belichick being strategic and thinking long term.

For Revis, one ACL tear with that huge guaranteed contract and it's not just one season that is gone - it's three. So now you have two players (Revis and Brady) that have to stay healthy for the team to win instead of just one. So that's a fine gamble for a team that needs to gamble, but not for a team that doesn't.

Do you realize how creepy you are with the whole "cousins" thing? It is not even remotely cute or funny. Lets forget the fact you are an idiot with zero knowledge of the game or managing a team...or your blatant agenda

Cousins? Really? Seriously are you a child molester?

It is difficult being a pats fan in March, easier to be a Jets, Oakland or Cincinnati fan as that is when they think they have won.

Much easier to be a Pats Fan in Nov., Dec, Jan and sometimes February..

Do not worry BB has a plan, and the some of the defensive backfield is not yet on the roster.. wait and see.

No. If McCourty wasn't already a Patriot, fans would be happy we signed one of the best Safety's in the league. The fact that fans are complaining about free agency gives me a good feeling about the upcoming season. :)

Yeah, this is indeed the worst offseason in the last 10 years!...Giselle is retiring.

Cousins,
We all agree this is a great Football club and Coach. I have seen the forum fights back and forth about whether the Pats are better today than when the last second of the Super Bowl happened. In all honesty they are not. The obvious hole being CB.

Most of us would have been happy during this FA period if Revis was our main signing. The $39mm he got from the Jets was only a million a year more (guaranteed) than we gave him last year and with all of the Pats resources they could not pull the trigger? They had a year to figure a way to sign Revis. There is no excuse or spin for losing him to all you Kool Aid drinkers. Epic fail.

Browner was good not great but we could have kept his hard ass presence. Not crying.

We overpayed and signed a FS who is "O.K" but not an Ed Reed. He is the second highest paid FS in the league...Crazy that we could not think Revis was worth more. Most on this forum says Revis.

Some one did this but I will again.
QB=Great
RB=O.K. we lost one but not that big a deal (missed on Bush, missed on Spiller)
TE=We pick up a decent back up. Nothing to see here but we have good TEs.
WR=We are still trying to figure out if Dobson is a bust so we are searching WRs (missed on Harvin, Missed on Johnson).
OL= Connolly can be replaced with a guy a lot younger and can still do multi positions in Stefan Wesniewski and he still sits or even Blaylock would be an upgrade) A head scratcher.

DL=We lose Wilfork. O.K. I might get the age thing. Branch resign was a must do.In the mean time (missed on this kid Walker who was a backup anyway, missed on Knighton at stupid cheap money, missed on Fairley even for more stupid cheap money, Starks? ) Rubin sits. Is he not a value and young? Now Bennett wants out of Seattle. I would throw a first rounder for him. He wants to up his $7mm a year salary. I think he is worth more. Would Pete let us have him? Doesn't matter. BB is hunkering down.

Good one in Sheard signing

LB=Bad one in letting Ayers for for $3mm per year. Good player!

We lost Cassilas a great ST player and could not get the Gachkar kid to even sign with us to replace him.

CB= I think we have beat this to death. Both starting Niner CBS who were young and had good production were fairly cheap and nyet on them (missed those two and Tramon Williams) All three of those better than we have. The had their chance at 3 young starting CBs. We passed.

S=Same but we are paying more and through the nose.

We have lost five great/good players on the Defense
We have lost SB hero Vareen and Connolly (meh) on the offense.

We know of eight players that have spurned us (that we know of) to be signed by other Teams. Either we are not stepping up to the plate financially or there is some master plan. I think the former...but we have the greatest CAP plan in the NFL!!! Woop!

There is only 17% chance that our Draft picks will be successful and on the Pats roster via the Draft in three years. Some of those only JAGs. I know we have some build-from-the-Drafters but we needs some players that can play now as well.

I know we are never full all-in in the FA season, but I have never seen us so non aggressive even on the left overs. I have never see so many players spurn a previous SB champ Team. We have gotten out asses kicked on 8 that we know of (not including some camp filler signings)

What is going on Gentlemen? Thoughts? Are we so hypnotized by BB that we think we have a Team as good as last year? Are the SB winner F.O. a little arrogant in their dealings? Are we so accustomed to success that we should not have the audacity to ***** a little when the Pats are actually missing?

Is not the Mantra "Do Your Job" part of BBs best used lines (as in GM moves?). Is "Whats Best for the Team" happening right now? You tell me.

Love BB as the best coach ever but what is going on?

DW Toys
Calm down, Mr. Toys, it's March of a Super Bowl year. I seem to have read this panicky reaction before and for the most part, this team has landed on its feet as it will this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3