PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there really no one out there better than Hanson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wait til we get Mayo back, and the rookies get a bit more experience. Butler made some great plays near the end, and he's only going to get better. And we haven't even seen Chung/Brace yet. This defense continues to impress me. Maybe they don't play with the style people want (blitzing, attacking), but hard to argue with the results.

Nice post. Your right on the money. Mayo comes back, that means even more speed.

This defense is awesome. Can't remember the last time I saw so much speed on our defense. Guyton was incredible. He stuffed the run on the 4th down stop, hit Flacco on the pass rush popping the ball into the air, tipped another pass into the air and had a nice pass deflected in coverage. It seemed like every time there was a big play it was either Guyton or Meriweather.

Guyton was making up for the blown plays from previous. Especially the 50 yard gallop by Rice... 1 Good play doesn't outweigh several bad ones.

Guyton is still developing, but lets not say he was incredible because he wasn't.

Hanson is bad, but this is still a dumb thread.

Even when the Patriots win games 52-7, Belichick will find things wrong with the team. Why can't we as fans talk about the weaknesses on this team? I thought this was a Patriots message board, where you could give your opinion about the team. Hanson is useless.

Who said you couldn't give your uneducated opinion? You can.. Just expect people to throw facts at you and treat you the way you sound. Like a whiny little baby who knows little if anything about the game.

You aren't the ONLY one entitled to your opinion.

My feelings on him are he's a good punter when he's got tons of field in front of him, he can really boot it, but when we're on the other team's side of the field I'd rather see Brady pooch it than him kick it.

He's not a "darned good kicker." If anything, he's mediocre at best. And I'm one of the bigger homers on this site.

The 2nd punt was done very well, the coverage just wasn't down in time to keep it out of the endzone...

Could he have done better? Yep.. But people need to stop acting like he's the worst and that he doesn't bring anything to the team... especially since he's the holder for Gostkowski...

Hanson is LAST in net average, tied for 29th for punts downed inside the 20, and 15th in touchbacks going into today. 2 more touchbacks will put him into the top 10 for touchbacks (top #1 has the most, #32 has the least, so you want to be #32).
Draw your own conclusions.

Or, you are just uninformed and exaggerating reality...

Come on. I know we agree on most topics, but IMO there's no doubt Hanson is in the bottom 50 percent of NFL punters.

Hanson is a stellar holder.

The 2nd punt was done very well, the coverage just wasn't down in time to keep it out of the endzone...

Could he have done better? Yep.. But people need to stop acting like he's the worst and that he doesn't bring anything to the team... especially since he's the holder for Gostkowski...

He's not the worst, but he can be incredibly frustrating at times.

Hanson is a stellar holder.

hey...ME TOO!!!

STELLA.gif

Is there really no other poster out there worse than LeonPowe? You guys should learn your lesson and put him on ignore like I did. It's just too bad that you can't ignore thread titles.

He's not the worst, but he can be incredibly frustrating at times.

Frustrating to us fans doesn't mean that BB is frustrated with him.. heck, I'd love to hear what BB has to say about the # of TBs by Hanson.

I'd love the Pats to bring in Graham Gano.. He was a kicker and punter.. So the Pats would have a reserve Kicker for Gostkowski..

I just don't know how Gano is with his directional punting..

Frustrating to us fans doesn't mean that BB is frustrated with him.. heck, I'd love to hear what BB has to say about the # of TBs by Hanson.

I'd love the Pats to bring in Graham Gano.. He was a kicker and punter.. So the Pats would have a reserve Kicker for Gostkowski..

I just don't know how Gano is with his directional punting..
He was asked about him in his Presser so check out the Pat's site when the transcript comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back