PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there anything like watching the patriots in the SB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is fun. It is not the best thing ever though.

Only as Pats fans would we venture to b!tch about "having" to watch the Super Bowl, LOL!! :D

I will admit though, it is a gut-wretching experience to say the least.

For the first (and only) time in my life, I needed a brown paper bag to breathe into during SB 42.

I never even watched the last posession with the deep balls to Moss, it wasn't until just recently that I saw how incredibly close one of the throws appeared to be on TV, many yrs later. Like many others, I certainly have never watched one single play again from that game...

or the prior year's AFCCG vs Indy. Those 2 stick out to me like a horrible plague that will always haunt me. I didn't even mind the loss to DEN in '05, or even last yr's loss to the NYJ 1/2 as much as those 2 games.

Something tells me that we'd all give anything to have to "endure" that kind of torture again though :rocker:

Only as Pats fans would we venture to b!tch about "having" to watch the Super Bowl, LOL!! :D

I will admit though, it is a gut-wretching experience to say the least.

For the first (and only) time in my life, I needed a brown paper bag to breathe into during SB 42.

I never even watched the last posession with the deep balls to Moss, it wasn't until just recently that I saw how incredibly close one of the throws appeared to be on TV, many yrs later. Like many others, I certainly have never watched one single play again from that game...

or the prior year's AFCCG vs Indy. Those 2 stick out to me like a horrible plague that will always haunt me. I didn't even mind the loss to DEN in '05, or even last yr's loss to the NYJ 1/2 as much as those 2 games.

Something tells me that we'd all give anything to have to "endure" that kind of torture again though :rocker:

I forced myself to watch the game recently and was pissed at the defensive play calling on the Giants final drive. :mad:

While not as enjoyable (but certainly stress-free),ywatching them in the SB winner parade.

Superbowl 36 was the best because I didnt really expect to win so I was not at all nervous about it and through 3 quarters it was awesome. It wasnt until the Rams tied it that I started getting a pit in my stomach, fortunately that worked out.

Superbowl 38 was fun and I never really thought we'd lose it, even when the Panthers tied the game.

Superbowl 39 was a chore, nervous the whole game.

Superbowl 42 much like others I had a bad feeling the entire day and then they just came out and played terribly. I think the 19-0 was getting to the fans to a large extent, I cant even imagine what it was doing to the players and we still would have won if Samuel didn't break off his coverage on the Tyree play.

I don't enjoy them at all, honestly. The ones they lose are brutal, of course. But even the ones they win are torture until after the game. Maybe I'd enjoy one if they were up 28-0 in the second quarter.

Best thing about the Patriots in the Super Bowl? Janet Jackson titty.
:)

you forgot 1985 and 1996.

The days in 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2007 could be the best days ever.

At this point I just want the patriots to make the superbowl. There is nothing like watching them in the superbowl. You're on the edge of you seat. You're guzzling beers cause youre so nervous.

Man its awesome. I hope they make it.

Since 2007 I have a stomach ache and my head hurts until the final whistle of every game.

Super Bowl Sundays are fun until the game starts, then it's a emotional roller coaster. I did not sleep after last SB appearance for a few days.

I don't know how "awesome" it is, but I want our team playing in that game every year.

Don't recall that one. I remember the Pats were 18-0 after beating the Chargers, and they were going to the Super Bowl, and... the next thing I remember is the Pats drafting Jerod Mayo. :cool:

I don't enjoy them at all, honestly. The ones they lose are brutal, of course. But even the ones they win are torture until after the game. Maybe I'd enjoy one if they were up 28-0 in the second quarter.

Agree entirely. I hate them. I mean, I love that our team is in them, but watching them sucks. About the only time that I have had a feeling of anything but absolute angst during the super bowls:

XX: About mid-way through the third quarter, it became crystal clear we were absolutely finished. By perhaps the late 4th quarter I was starting to get over it, so may actually have managed a weak smile at some of the commercials late in the game.

XXX: Momentary elation when Martin scored to make it a 6-point game, but of course the next play took care of that. Watching the Patriots unable to move the ball past the 30 for the fourth quarter was the opposite of fun, I would have to say.

XXXVI: I think it's fair to say I was absolutely miserable for this entire game. I perhaps would have had a brief moment of joy when Tebucky Jones had the 97 yard fumble return, but the reality was that I was so nervous that before the 4th down play, I couldn't watch so I went outside and told my wife to get me when the play was over. By the time I got back, the hold on McGinnest had been called. I think technically Vinatieri's kick went through the uprights a second or two before there were zeroes on the clock, so there may have been 2 seconds of this game that I actually enjoyed.

XXXVIII: This entire game, except maybe the last 4 seconds, felt like getting hit with a stick. Brady's red zone pick was the most deflating football moment I can remember not involving XLII. The second half of the game was so crazy, that even during the kickoff at the end I couldn't relax and expected one of those crazy multi-lateral type kickoff returns.

XXXIX: This is a game that should have been fun in the fourth quarter. The Patriots, inexplicably, refused to let that happen. When Bru picked McNabb late in the game with a 10-point lead, I would think I cautiously started celebrating. So, perhaps there were about 3 minutes where I felt pretty good. That was, of course, undone by the immediate three and out, where the Patriots used only about a minute of game clock and didn't force the Eagles to use any time outs. The rest of the game was anything but comfortable. There was the TD, the onside kick, and even after we recovered the onside kick, since the Eagles still had 2 time outs, you knew they would get the ball back with just under a minute and down by 3. The last 17 seconds of the game, after the pick, were awesome!

XLII: There is not a second of this game that I enjoyed.

So, that's about 24 hours worth of games. I'd say that in total, I enjoyed about 4 minutes and 20 seconds.

Well I guess you can say i got real spoiled seeing Brady era Pats in Superbowls. I mean It seamed so natural seeing Pats jog out new SB patch on their jerseys each time( I'm OVER DUE for another one) I do need another T-shirt lol
Even when Pats didn't play in SB Brady did coin toss I believe in Steelers SB then hopped on a plane & got outta there!
MAN but those Division & AFCCG in NE are so GREAT also. Fans in bitter cold & snow games fans throwing snow up. CLASSIC!

Lets take care of business in Gillette next 2 games then.....
head to Peyton Place & Get another T-Shirt!

Go Pats!

Other AFC teams in the superbowl? I'll go watch it at a friend's, or have people over, or otherwise enjoy the evening laughing at commercials.

Patriots playing for a championship will likely be something I watch by myself for the forseeable future (until maybe I have a son who is indoctrinated properly.) NB: this includes my wife, who after XLII fought with me turning the TV off because she wanted to see the Giants get the trophy - I don't know what the hell is wrong with her sometimes... :eek:

Other AFC teams in the superbowl? I'll go watch it at a friend's, or have people over, or otherwise enjoy the evening laughing at commercials.

Patriots playing for a championship will likely be something I watch by myself for the forseeable future (until maybe I have a son who is indoctrinated properly.) NB: this includes my wife, who after XLII fought with me turning the TV off because she wanted to see the Giants get the trophy - I don't know what the hell is wrong with her sometimes... :eek:

Divorce lawyers often will work pro bono in a case like this where your wife has abused you.

if the pats knock off the steelers and the ravens..they are winning this dam thing...but like others have said..watching SBs the pats are in is like torture..when they win..it's all worth it..but after that loss.......i couldn't watch anything sports for weeks

i will tell you this...is the pats make the SB..i am going to the doctor to get valium for it...i don't know if i will make it!

The 2004 AFC Championship beatdown of Pittsburgh is my absolute favorite game of all time. I loved every minute of that game.

The 2004 AFC Championship beatdown of Pittsburgh is my absolute favorite game of all time. I loved every minute of that game.

i would love nothing more than to be the team to knock pitt out..but i would rather leave it to balt...lets go cincy!

The only game for me that was worse was the B Dreith call in the Raiders game, will never forget that robbery.

Yes.

That was an Atrocity.

That was...an Abomination.

But we Squared Books with those ****** *******...

DIDN'T we??

brady-woodson-tuck-rule-vinatieri.jpg

Speaking for myself...

Every single GAME, following this team, is a Privilege.

~ I have weathered FairBanks Gate.

~ I have weathered Olsen Gate.

~ I have weathered 46-10.

~ I have weathered Parcells Gate.

~ I have weathered The Sullivans.

~ I have weathered Victor Kiam.

~ I have weathered Ben ****ing DREITH.

~ I have weathered Schaeffer "Stadium".

~ I ~ and so many others ~ weathered 40 years of HORROR...

When folks in HollyWood ~ and OTHER Tinsel Towns ~ put their heads together and try to draw up Sports movies, they almost inevitably gravitate towards a few well-worn by reliable and reliably inspiring themes:

~ Dedication

~ Hard Work

~ Resilience

~ Sacrifice

~ TeamWork

All in all: A Fanatical level of Dedication, Hard Work, Resilience, Sacrifice and TeamWork...The sort of thing that ~ as we all know ~ doesn't even exist in the Real World...except in HollyWood.

...And New England.

Every last game is a Privilege, Gentlemen.

Ty%2BLaw.jpg

Speaking for myself...

Every single GAME, following this team, is a Privilege.

~ I have weathered FairBanks Gate.

~ I have weathered Olsen Gate.

~ I have weathered 46-10.

~ I have weathered Parcells Gate.

~ I have weathered The Sullivans.

~ I have weathered Victor Kiam.

~ I have weathered Ben ****ing DREITH.

~ I have weathered Schaeffer "Stadium".

~ I ~ and so many others ~ weathered 40 years of HORROR...

When folks in HollyWood ~ and OTHER Tinsel Towns ~ put their heads together and try to draw up Sports movies, they almost inevitably gravitate towards a few well-worn by reliable and reliably inspiring themes:

~ Dedication

~ Hard Work

~ Resilience

~ Sacrifice

~ TeamWork

All in all: A Fanatical level of Dedication, Hard Work, Resilience, Sacrifice and TeamWork...The sort of thing that ~ as we all know ~ doesn't even exist in the Real World...except in HollyWood.

...And New England.

Every last game is a Privilege, Gentlemen.

Ty%2BLaw.jpg

Wow this is an awesome post haha.

Idk about the SB this year, Im just going to hope they make it, and put up a good show. I still think the packers arent as good as everyone thinks...crazy? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST