PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is safety a position in place for 2010 or in need of an upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know who CC Brown is. I do believe that Sanders is not a starting quality NFL safety. Is he solid and consistent? Sure he is. He is consistently 1-2 steps away from making a play on the ball. He consistently fails to get his hands on the ball or force fumbles. Therefore, he consistently puts up way below-average statistics in every game-changing defensive category - INTs, passes defensed, Force fumbles, recovered fumbles, sacks.

What is a "starting quality" NFL safety? Each year there are 64 "starting quality" NFL safeties.

Last edited:
I'd love to have Rolle but our safety position is fine as it is.

We have a laundry list of other things to worry about...

Right. So while he could be upgraded, he is solid, dependable, and not a liability.

Ostensibly, they already have his replacement as a starting FS (?) in Chung.

IMHO, if any player is a below-average starter, I would try to upgrade him. Hopefully Chung will be the guy. But if not, and we do nothing, we'll be weak at that position again this year.

IMHO, if any player is a below-average starter, I would try to upgrade him. Hopefully Chung will be the guy. But if not, and we do nothing, we'll be weak at that position again this year.

I don't really see him as a below-average starter, but that's besides the point. In a year when we have multiple other holes to fill, now is not the time to keep digging.

I disagree that we were weak at safety this year, or that we would be weak at safety next year even if Sanders and Meriweather started the entire year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft