PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Rich Gannon a hater or a moron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Gary Guyton on this team is a better question .. I've never hated a human being more than Guyton, and I don't even know him ... carry on:bricks:

I said guyton wasn't very physical and some of the resident homers here stinker bummed me for it. The guy just doesn't like to take on blockers or wade through traffic and hit.

I think Gannon is neither a hater nor a moron, but I don't think he's watching very closely.
While the Pats' defense cannot presently be considered good, it is a work in progress and getting better.

It's just a topic to discuss. Why not discuss it when a talk show host makes a foolish comment. I'm sorry if I am distracting everyone from the Jets' Non-Spygate story. I can't get enough discussing how the Jets cheated against the Pats if they hadn't actually followed the rules of videotaping on the sidelines to the letter.

Are you aware that you have called everyone on radio either an idiot or a moron at one point or another? Not that I don't agree with that (in fact, I very much agree with it), I simply just don't listen to the radio.

Are you aware that you have called everyone on radio either an idiot or a moron at one point or another? Not that I don't agree with that (in fact, I very much agree with it), I simply just don't listen to the radio.

I haven't called everyone. There are guys I have never called that. Off the top of my head, I can think of Michael Holley, Scott Zolak, everyone on Sirius NFL radio except Gannon, Troy Brown, and Christopher Price. I don't even think I called Felger a moron because I get his schtick.

I do admit I do think a lot of people on the radio are morons. I probably shouldn't have called Gannon a moron for one comment, but I got tired of the endless Jets Non-Spygate threads and figured I would throw something else into the mix. Jets were last week and the camera thing is a non-issue. I guess I could have used different language.

Local sports radio is idiot radio. I actually like Sirius NFL radio. It was one stupid comment on a station that usually has a lot of smart football talk (they even seem to wean out the stupid homer and hater callers). I don't have a problem with that station at all.

The defense is about the same IMO, but to me they didn't look that bad at all in week 1 either. I thought they've been about average in most if not all the wins giving about somewhere around 20 ppg, some of it garbage time points or off of being put in tough field position. The pass rush has been concerning in all wins. The 3rd down defense overall was much better last week but overall I still see an average D right now.

The Buffalo game was a little worse but 4 turnovers, an iffy PI in the end zone taking away a pick, and a Brady pick-six made it look worse than it actually was. All in all it's been a very mediocre defense needing a boost in QB pressure. Improvement will come though.

Last edited:
Why not discuss it when a talk show host makes a foolish comment.

Because:

A) Half the time it isn't foolish it just offends patsfans.com's gentle sensibilities
B) For the other half of the time when it is foolish it's still enough stupidity to fill the Library of Congress
C) Either way who cares what some nimrod says and what will discussing it change?

IMO, Gannon implied that it was a function of the ineptitude of the Jets offense more so that our defense forcing mistakes. Connor dropping that sure first down when it was right in his hands and he was wide open and a couple of other drops from the Jets receivers on key downs that would have kept their drives moving, all the while they were not pressured by our defense is what Gannon is probably talking about.

Since Rob may have finally found that elusive radio "off" button, he may have missed hater Gannon today on SIRIUS radio picking the Patriots to win handily over Dallas this week. The moron.

Last edited:
I haven't called everyone. There are guys I have never called that. Off the top of my head, I can think of Michael Holley, Scott Zolak, everyone on Sirius NFL radio except Gannon, Troy Brown, and Christopher Price. I don't even think I called Felger a moron because I get his schtick.

I do admit I do think a lot of people on the radio are morons. I probably shouldn't have called Gannon a moron for one comment, but I got tired of the endless Jets Non-Spygate threads and figured I would throw something else into the mix. Jets were last week and the camera thing is a non-issue. I guess I could have used different language.

Local sports radio is idiot radio. I actually like Sirius NFL radio. It was one stupid comment on a station that usually has a lot of smart football talk (they even seem to wean out the stupid homer and hater callers). I don't have a problem with that station at all.

I'd refer to yesterday's article at Patriots Daily concerning "Revis Archipelago". The dysfunction in the article is why those comments were made.

It's interesting flaw that people determine an outcome and conform events and evaluation to meet that outcome.

Von Moltke once said that no plan survives contact with the enemy and only the amatuer evaluates events to conform to preconceived notions.

Since Rob may have finally found that elusive radio "off" button, he may have missed hater Gannon today on SIRIUS radio picking the Patriots to win handily over Dallas this week. The moron.

He didn't say win handily. He said though later in the show that he thought that the he thought the Pats' offense would be too much for the Pats defense. Sorry to call your uncle a moron.

He didn't say win handily. He said though later in the show that he thought that the he thought the Pats' offense would be too much for the Pats defense. Sorry to call your uncle a moron.

I agree that the Pats' offense is too much for the Pats' defense.
Now, who's a moron?

I agree that the Pats' offense is too much for the Pats' defense.
Now, who's a moron?

So I made a mistake typing. Pretty weak stretch than asserting that the Pats defense hasn't gotten a single bit better. I don't get paid to be an expert at typing on a message board. Uncle Richie gets paid to analyze teams both for Sirius and as a color commentator on CBS and he basically sucks at both (ok, he sucks as a color commentator and is ok on Sirius most of the time).

Last edited:
I'd say they only caused four three and outs. The Jets had unforced issues on the other three.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Connor dropped an easy first down and that's just one of several drops that I remember.

I see a slight improvement in the D. They gave up two long TD drives to the Jets (78 yards & 75 yards) but that was it. The Jets other TD drive was 20 yards.

The Cowboys O has been all over the place this season but should present a good test for the D.

The long drives by the Jets (with the Patriots ahead by 7 or 10) were a sign of a maturing defense. The defense kept everything in front of them and made the Jets grind out first downs. No big plays and good tackling.

The Jets' play calling was conservative to prevent turnovers and keep TFB off the field. A few weeks ago we watched Buffalo carve up the Pats off turnovers with lots of missed tackles and guys wide open for medium passing routes. Things were much tighter against the Jets.

Dallas presents similar issues - no running game to speak of (or at least no sign of being committed to running the ball). And look for the Patriots defense to be tougher in the trenches again this week. The Patriots d-backs should be more aggressive jumping routes with Romo under pressure. He makes mistakes and tries to force the ball into coverage when forced to move around or out of the pocket.

If Vollmer is back to share time with Solder, look for another heavy dose of BJGE and Ridley to keep Romo and his receivers off the field. Long drives by the Patriots will help the defense stay aggressive for the whole 60 minutes.

By week 5, the defense had improved tremendously. To say otherwise is an indictment on a person's ability to diagnose performance and illustrate intelligence.

Hey Rob and anyone else who has Sirius.....how do you like it overall?(other than this incident) I've been thinking about getting it but am not sure. I listen to talk radio far more than music in the car, and have been pretty unhappy with all the beating of the dead horse that is the red sox lately.

Not only that but I'd love having someplace to listen to that is football all the time as it's by far the sport I'm most interested in. Does it have stations that are football 24/7, and if so, is it quality programming? If it's good stuff that alone would probably be enough, never mind all the other stuff.

I'm gonna go look into it more now, just thought I'd ask for a pats fan's opinion if they didn't mind. Sorry to drag you off topic a bit, and thanks in advance!:)

SIRIUS NFL radio rocks. Get it. The best show is Moving The Chains which visits different NFL training camps (Patriots) during the summer but other shows are excellent as well. The commentators know the Pats better than half the local writers. Not better than Reiss, SMY et. al. but better than the dregs. Once you've listened you'll never tune to 98.5 or WEEI except in desperation.

On SIRIUS there is also the Mad Dog Radio channel and ESPN radio where football is discussed and on game day you can hear radio broadcasts of all the games.

It's just a topic to discuss. Why not discuss it when a talk show host makes a foolish comment. I'm sorry if I am distracting everyone from the Jets' Non-Spygate story. I can't get enough discussing how the Jets cheated against the Pats if they hadn't actually followed the rules of videotaping on the sidelines to the letter.

55% of sports radio talk is really about getting people upset enough to call in. The other 45% is commercials.:D

It's OK. Frankly I'd rather the idiocy gets discussed away from where the baiter benefits.

Oh, he is neither a moron or a hater. He is just cynically manipulating you and people like you to get ratings.

Wasnt he the QB in the "tuck rule" game? PLus he was like 45 yrs in old and maybe his last year (looking at stats he only played 10 games after that in 2years), thats a tough pill to swallow even after all these years when maybe you coulda had a rinig.

Wasnt he the QB in the "tuck rule" game? PLus he was like 45 yrs in old and maybe his last year (looking at stats he only played 10 games after that in 2years), thats a tough pill to swallow even after all these years when maybe you coulda had a rinig.

He was. I always respected Gannon. Remember how he started off playing better than Brady in that game? I had always thought of him as a dome QB before that game.

That was a fumble. I would be bitter too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News