PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Peyton toast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's also going to get people killed throwing those desperation floaters to the flat under pressure. He was also taking a dive any time he felt any sort of pressure.

He has transformed the chuck and duck into simply the duck

The announcers used to see a play they called a dive play, but I don't think that was it.

Manning was unimpressive in that straitjacket offense that Kubiak brought from the Texans. They looked like the inept Texans that Andre Johnson was begging to leave, frankly. I think the Broncos hang a couple of TDs on Baltimore if they let Manning be Manning yesterday.

More striking to me was how awful the Ravens looked on offense. Steve Smith, Sr. is the other piece of toast in the toaster, and the Ravens have no downfield weapons.

My favorite thing about Cable Manning is those sacks he takes when the nearest rusher is like 5 yards from him. He just lays down like a dead animal, curls up, and waits for the linebackers to come up and touch him to end the play.

I would ****ing love for him to do that one play and the defenders NOT touch him. Just circle him, with a curled up, cowardly Manning laying on the ground, hugging the ball, which remains live.

Would be hilarious.

I like the way you think.

The defender could just bend over and grab the ball out of his hands without touching him. Maybe yell BOO behind him to make him let go of the football. Hmmm...

Poor P6 was never too much of a stand in the pocket and take the hit QB like Brady, but that play dead routine is embarrassing to watch.

My favorite thing about Cable Manning is those sacks he takes when the nearest rusher is like 5 yards from him. He just lays down like a dead animal, curls up, and waits for the linebackers to come up and touch him to end the play.

I would ****ing love for him to do that one play and the defenders NOT touch him. Just circle him, with a curled up, cowardly Manning laying on the ground, hugging the ball, which remains live.

Would be hilarious.

It isn't cowardly, it is intelligent. He's not going to get away, so why take the punishment, particularly with the high risk of injury? He's got a lot more than football to look forward to. There's no value to anyone, including his team, of him standing there and getting hit.

The ball wouldn't remain alive. The refs would blow the play dead as soon as Manning gave up on it. And if another player touches the ball while Manning is down, the play is over. There's no opportunity to take it from him, because as soon as the first atom of the first finger of the defender touches the ball that is in Manning's grasp, the play is over.

Everything I seen today confirmed to me that Manning is indeed toast.

He has never been a brave QB - and despite what some might say I don't think that he is one of those QB's that keeps themselves in 'great shape'.

Don't forget that he does have a very talented WR corps - they are going to win some match-ups by themselves - but you could feel him willing those loopy rainbow passes to their target most of last night.

Teams are now sitting on the bubbles screens and the intermediate comeback routes - they are daring him to land one of those deep shots (which are a lottery - his accuracy has gone).

Once teams realize all the things he definitely can't do this year they will grind him into the dirt.

Manning is done already and its only going to get worse.

His accuracy is gone because he has to fling the ball as hard as he can just to make the distance.

I must confess that I expected him to play better. I'll also give him some slack in that he is used to having a superior offensive line that allows no pressure. Welcome to the world of all the quarterbacks Peyton Under pressure and with an aging arm he is less than mediocre. If he can get some protection he will win some more games. Not a threat postseason

Manning sucked yesterday and it wasn't because of Kubiak's offense. He can't drive the ball anymore so teams are giving him really tight windows between the numbers and daring him throw outside and deep. That used to be a death sentence for defenses but, at 39, I think Father Time has finally caught up with the fivehead. Luckily for Denver, they seem to have a stout defense tbis year which will keep them in a lot of games.

Luckily for Denver, they seem to have a stout defense tbis year which will keep them in a lot of games.

Or they just got lucky yesterday playing a **** offense whose only threat is a 36 year old 5' 9" WR who is retiring after this season.

Manning sucked yesterday and it wasn't because of Kubiak's offense. He can't drive the ball anymore so teams are giving him really tight windows between the numbers and daring him throw outside and deep. That used to be a death sentence for defenses but, at 39, I think Father Time has finally caught up with the fivehead. Luckily for Denver, they seem to have a stout defense tbis year which will keep them in a lot of games.

Exactly what I saw. When people were asking "is Brady done?" last year, he was throwing some bad balls to be sure, but nothing like what we saw from Manning yesterday. Brady's misses were errant throws or not great decisions, but he was still getting the ball out there no problem. At this point Manning's only hope is that the league changes rules to allow bounce passes.

If a college kid looked that bad he wouldn't get drafted.

There's definitely a decline in his game. He has weapons to score but his best days are behind him.

Peyton is a downfield thrower who is a bit fidgety in the pocket. He has a quick accurate release, but you take away his power and quickness and he just forces the issue. He will have some good games against bad defenses, but they will get destroyed by us in the playoffs

Exactly what I saw. When people were asking "is Brady done?" last year, he was throwing some bad balls to be sure, but nothing like what we saw from Manning yesterday. Brady's misses were errant throws or not great decisions, but he was still getting the ball out there no problem. At this point Manning's only hope is that the league changes rules to allow bounce passes.
The Competition Committee is looking into it.

Or they just got lucky yesterday playing a **** offense whose only threat is a 36 year old 5' 9" WR who is retiring after this season.
Nah they have a good defense. Baltimore's offense is certainly not the greatest show on turf, but they could not move the ball AT ALL yesterday outside of that last drive.

Another key that is compounding Manning's rapid decline is that this is his first OL that isn't brick wall in pass protection.

The Broncos offense is so damn easy to defend. I really think they can be shutout by loading the box and leaving your best CB on an island with Thomas. Manning can't exploit a 20+ yard pass in the air so even if the CB is beat he'll recover in time.

Quite excited for Chiefs vs. Denver Thursday.

Thuggs being out for Baltimore will hurt them he is a emotional leader and as much as he maybe a pos he makes plays in key moments he is their Elephant and plays the game much like Willie but better at pass defense not quite the pass rusher Mac was.
That being said he will be missed and Baltimore is finishing third in the division.
Cincy and Pit both look like better clubs.
It will be pure entertainment to watch Harbaugh squirm and cry and point fingers after each loss.
This I promise you assistant coaches will be thrown and run over by his bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents