PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Moss worth $11,257,280?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No!! But he's Brady's binky so were stuck with him.
And how about another big game by Randy Moss in the playoffs. He so impressive on the big stage isn't he? :rolleyes:
Sadly this team has taken on the Randy Moss personality. They're passive and they don't fight for a damn thing.

No!! But he's Brady's binky so were stuck with him.
And how about another big game by Randy Moss in the playoffs. He so impressive on the big stage isn't he? :rolleyes:
Sadly this team has taken on the Randy Moss personality. They're passive and they don't fight for a damn thing.

You're an idiot.

The negativity on Moss is stupid

I really can't stand it when people throw Moss under the bus because he didn't get his usual 100+ yds and a TD.

People are now saying that we should cut him in the offseason and he has lost a step and so on...

While he is getting up there in age and his speed isn't what it once was, he is still a top 5 WR in the game. He led the league in TD...again.

Before Moss, since TB came into the league, here was our best WR.

01....Troy Brown, 101 rec, 1199 yds, 6 TD
02....Troy Brown, 97 rec, 890 yds, 3 TD
03....Deion Branch, 57 rec, 803 yds, 3 TD
04....David Givens, 56 rec, 874 yds, 3 TD
05....Deion Branch, 78 rec, 998 yds, 5 TD
06....Reche Caldwell, 61 rec, 710 yds, 4 TD

One, close to two, thousand yard WR, and NO WR had 10 or more TD in Brady's career, with David Patten having the most at 7.

People love Wes Welker, and Welker isn't Welker without Moss taking guys deep all the time. Has Welker every played without Moss? No. Yeah Moss may get taken away in games, but THAT should open the game for other WR, we just haven't had a legit 3rd option in two years. Welker and Moss compliment each other perfectly.

And if you thought our offense sucked without Welker, imagine no Moss. We'd have no one who could go deep.

Moss's 07 season was something we will never see again. He was getting singled covered all year because he sucked ass in Oakland and people thought he was done. Now no one would dare do that.

Next time you ask yourself is Moss worth it, remember what he does for the entire offense.

Do you really expect him to keep putting up those numbers? He'll be 33 with a bad back. He missed countless practices this year for rest. He faded when pressured by defenses or in big games, especially those in cold weather. He was in need of constant monitoring/nuturing by Brady and Belichick.

Other than the first eight weeks of 2007, I don't see where he is worth the money or the trouble.

We need 2 quality WR next season even if Wes comes back late. I will sign him again if he keeps making plays. 2 New WR is going to be tough enough develop.ALso, unless his production drops to marvin harrison type at 36 i will resign him.In the colts game they clocked him in full speed and he was running a 40 at 3.8 and from stop they are predicting 4.2 sec.he is still fast.Also wes and him operate on the same side with wes running options on how coverage shifts for moss. You are now dropping wes effectiveness. DId you see what happened when he split out and got wacked by CB. He isa behind the LOS slot receiver.i do not want to make him less effective.

Last edited:
No

but then again, no player is. But I think Moss has become disinterested and has lost his hunger. Time to go in a new direction at his position

Show us Randy Moss playoff stats with the Patriots.

Do you really expect him to keep putting up those numbers? He'll be 33 with a bad back. He missed countless practices this year for rest. He faded when pressured by defenses or in big games, especially those in cold weather. He was in need of constant monitoring/nuturing by Brady and Belichick.

Other than the first eight weeks of 2007, I don't see where he has been worth the money or the trouble.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this... It's not bashing. He's not a cancer. He's like the elephant in the livingroom. We can't utilize him because we don't have the pass protection and he can't adapt because he can't run intermediate routes. Didn't like to when he was healthy and as stiff as he is this season he's too slow and too easy to bring down. As long as he remains they will tie themselves up in knots trying to keep him involved and engaged. Even if it nets them nothing. We can be a 10 win team with Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney (and that was before we had Welker and Edleman). We need a couple of reasonably talented and instinctive, physical WR's who can stretch the field and fight for receptions. Tate could be one but we could draft for another and seek one in FA (including RFA) or trade.

People act like there is no life after Moss. There was life before him and they wouldn't leave the position vacant...

Other than the first eight weeks of 2007, I don't see where he has been worth the money or the trouble.

In the second half of 2007, he had more TDs and almost as many yards as in the first half.

Yes, I was surprised by that too.

Show us Randy Moss playoff stats with the Patriots.

Show us one post without bashing the best player on the Patriots offense. You bash a guy that almost led the team to 19-0. He even caught the go ahead TD in the Superbowl.

C'mon man. Is it his fault Brady didn't look his way for the first half of the game? Is it his fault that Brady didn't step up into a huge pocket and rocket a pass down the field to him on the first offensive play? Dont you like a person that is willing to play hurt to help the team?

You are a hater, plain and simple.

Re: The negativity on Moss is stupid

I really can't stand it when people throw Moss under the bus because he didn't get his usual 100+ yds and a TD.

People are now saying that we should cut him in the offseason and he has lost a step and so on...

While he is getting up there in age and his speed isn't what it once was, he is still a top 5 WR in the game. He led the league in TD...again.

Before Moss, since TB came into the league, here was our best WR.

01....Troy Brown, 101 rec, 1199 yds, 6 TD
02....Troy Brown, 97 rec, 890 yds, 3 TD
03....Deion Branch, 57 rec, 803 yds, 3 TD
04....David Givens, 56 rec, 874 yds, 3 TD
05....Deion Branch, 78 rec, 998 yds, 5 TD
06....Reche Caldwell, 61 rec, 710 yds, 4 TD

One, close to two, thousand yard WR, and NO WR had 10 or more TD in Brady's career, with David Patten having the most at 7.

People love Wes Welker, and Welker isn't Welker without Moss taking guys deep all the time. Has Welker every played without Moss? No. Yeah Moss may get taken away in games, but THAT should open the game for other WR, we just haven't had a legit 3rd option in two years. Welker and Moss compliment each other perfectly.

And if you thought our offense sucked without Welker, imagine no Moss. We'd have no one who could go deep.

Moss's 07 season was something we will never see again. He was getting singled covered all year because he sucked ass in Oakland and people thought he was done. Now no one would dare do that.

Next time you ask yourself is Moss worth it, remember what he does for the entire offense.

In the playoffs that would be...nothing. We won 3 superbowls with those stiffs you think can't hold his jock. And we won a couple of other playoff games with those guys contributing. They may not have always been enough, but Moss has never been enough. I wish he had been, but that's simply not the case.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees this... It's not bashing. He's not a cancer. He's like the elephant in the livingroom. We can't utilize him because we don't have the pass protection and he can't adapt because he can't run intermediate routes. Didn't like to when he was healthy and as stiff as he is this season he's too slow and too easy to bring down. As long as he remains they will tie themselves up in knots trying to keep him involved and engaged. Even if it nets them nothing. We can be a 10 win team with Reche Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney (and that was before we had Welker and Edleman). We need a couple of reasonably talented and instinctive, physical WR's who can stretch the field and fight for receptions. Tate could be one but we could draft for another and seek one in FA (including RFA) or trade.

People act like there is no life after Moss. There was life before him and they wouldn't leave the position vacant...

It's funny because Vikings fans said the same thing in 04'. Oh, Burleson is producing super well so the dropoff without Moss won't really be large. We can draft a WR early and still have a dominate offense. What happened the next year? Culpepper couldn't complete a pass, even before his injury. The Vikings offense was one of the worst in the league. And with how bad Brady played today, I wouldn't trust the offense with just Wes Welker, a drafted WR, and Faulk.

And we likely we won't have Welker at near 100% or at all for half the season.

It's funny because Vikings fans said the same thing in 04'. Oh, Burleson is producing super well so the dropoff without Moss won't really be large. We can draft a WR early and still have a dominate offense. What happened the next year? Culpepper couldn't complete a pass, even before his injury. The Vikings offense was one of the worst in the league. And with how bad Brady played today, I wouldn't trust the offense with just Wes Welker, a drafted WR, and Faulk.

Randy Moss on this team is like cancer in remission. Sure he has been pretty much been a model citizen and put up great numbers, but a part of me thinks he is passively messing up this team in an extremely subtle and unable to discern way. It seems like Brady has gone from:

-Who is open

to

-Is Moss open?
-Is Welker open?
-Who is open

In the playoffs that would be...nothing. We won 3 superbowls with those stiffs you think can't hold his jock. And we won a couple of other playoff games with those guys contributing. They may not have always been enough, but Moss has never been enough. I wish he had been, but that's simply not the case.

If Asante makes that INT or Tyree doesn't make that catch, would you still be talking about Moss in the same light?

It is a little extreme to blame Moss for other players mistakes.

Randy Moss on this team is like cancer in remission. Sure he has been pretty much been a model citizen and put up great numbers, but a part of me thinks he is passively messing up this team in an extremely subtle and unable to discern way. It seems like Brady has gone from:

-Who is open

to

-Is Moss open?
-Is Welker open?
-Who is open

How stupid does this sound? So he is going from "Who is open" to "Who is open, starting with my best WR?"

If Asante makes that INT or Tyree doesn't make that catch, would you still be talking about Moss in the same light?

It is a little extreme to blame Moss for other players mistakes.

In the final 29 seconds of that game there were two incompletions to Moss... just saying.

He runs half ass, NEVER fights for the ball, doesnt block, isnt a true #1 anymore

what do you think?

What was Culpeppers history before Moss... Brady had one and it was pretty damn fine.

Tom actually used to groom his own drafted WR's, just like Manning did this season. And he won 2 Superbowls with them. Until Bill came up craps on a couple of draft picks who didn't have the makeup to play in this offense. It's not impossible though, a damn conversion project figured it out in a season this year. Welker settled in like the natural. They just have to scout better for intangibles both in the draft and FA.

They will still have to reconstruct this OL. But they can win in the interim with the right kind of guys. They probably won't be capable of blocking for what Moss is for the forseeable future. I don't even know that Moss has another season here in him, mentally or physically. And one of these days we're gonna get Brady killed if we don't start fielding at least a consistently competent offense again.

In the final 29 seconds of that game there were two incompletions to Moss... just saying.

Can you honestly tell me Moss wasn't going full out on those plays? He got behind the defenders on that third down play and if it wasn't underthrown it was probably a TD.

What was Culpeppers history before Moss... Brady had one and it was pretty damn fine.

Tom actually used to groom his own drafted WR's, just like Manning did this season. And he won 2 Superbowls with them. Until Bill came up craps on a couple of draft picks who didn't have the makeup to play in this offense. It's not impossible though, a damn conversion project figured it out in a season this year. Welker settled in like the natural. They just have to scout better for intangibles both in the draft and FA.

They will still have to reconstruct this OL. But they can win in the interim with the right kind of guys. They probably won't be capable of blocking for what Moss is for the forseeable future. I don't even know that Moss has another season here in him, mentally or physically. And one of these days we're gonna get Brady killed if we don't start fielding at least a consistently competent offense again.

Brady made those WRs mediocre? You responded to the post showing his stats. One WR over 1,000 yards and none with over 10 TDs? Damn that Moss! Oh yeah, remember when Manning supporters said Manning was so much better because of stats? Funny how everyone used the argument that Brady had bad WRs. Finally when he got Moss and Welker he put up 50 TDs and Brady supporters finally had a backing argument.

And what defense would you take? The one that helped create the dynasty (suprised it wasn't all Brady!) or this years?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference