PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is Gronk gonna play in the Falcons game? If not, when?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he's either going to play or he isn't, so I'd say it's about 50/50

Could somebody help me.
Which post # has the answer to the OP's question?

He was probably held out last week because they felt they didn't absolutely need him to beat the Bucs and an extra week would be beneficial.

Where is the evidence that BB makes personnel decisions based on quality of the opponent? There is absolutely nothing in BB management style to suggest this. What about Miami in 2004. Did you miss that interview question earlier this week when that was referenced because someone suggested some teams are actually inferior in the NFL.

I hope he plays. Either way this is going to be a very very tough game to win. Falcons need this game bad...BAD

I say keep him off the field at least for the ATL game. He needs to be totally healthy. Week 4 at 3-0, no need quite yet.

I say keep him off the field at least for the ATL game. He needs to be totally healthy. Week 4 at 3-0, no need quite yet.

Curious to know where you got your information on Gronk's health? Do you know his condition or are you one of those guys that are going to keep saying keep him out one more week?

I think when the finally do bring him back, they'll spot-play him in red zone situations.

If you watch the practice video that was just posted, Gronkowski doesn't even use his left arm (wearing a brace or cast) to try to get off of Talib in the interception from Brady. If he's still having a setback with his left arm, who effective can he actually be, especially blocking? He still might be still be afraid/lack confidence that it might break again, like it did in the Texans game.

Patriots Today - Belichick breaks it down

Redzone Decoy?? Arm or no arm they will double him at least the first time?

I just want to be clear about one thing. Was he or was he not inactive last week? I really couldn't tell by BB's answer at his press conference this week.

I'm gonna guess that he will be active for the Falcons game, unless he's inactive.

If you watch the practice video that was just posted, Gronkowski doesn't even use his left arm (wearing a brace or cast) to try to get off of Talib in the interception from Brady. If he's still having a setback with his left arm, who effective can he actually be, especially blocking? He still might be still be afraid/lack confidence that it might break again, like it did in the Texans game.

Patriots Today - Belichick breaks it down

Good find, but I think you're reading way too much into that.

He's a football player, he'll never be totally healthy. If he's healthy enough to play without an elevated risk for aggravating existing injuries, then he plays.

If his arm isn't ready at this point, doesn't that mean something is seriously wrong? How long does it take to recover from a broken bone? Wasn't surgery 6 months ago?

My prediction: He will not be inactive.

Re: Re: Is Gronk gonna play in the Falcons game? If not, when?

I'm gonna guess that he will be active for the Falcons game, unless he's inactive.

Yes, but if he IS inactive what do you think his chances of playing are?

Damn!

If only I could lose 100 points off my IQ and all of my objective-thinking ability then forget half of what I know about football along with getting rid of this pesky thing I've got called "ethics"... I could make a hell of a sports reporter!!

magic-8-ball.jpg

but...

try it yourself:

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes